MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

wooden wires of the mures
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author wooden wires of the mures
bartlebooth
this one's all serge modular (with a little reverb added):

[s]http://soundcloud.com/bartlebooth/woodenwire[/s]
aasmodular
wow they seem real strings woah
phisynth
Wow ! awesome sounds in there ! thumbs up
Borellus
Very cool... like some kind of demented Appalachian music from an alternate future (I mean this in a good way). thumbs up
pas
My goodness, this is pure bloodsoak'd divinity, fanfuckingtastic booth! we're not worthy
Pascal
love it
bartlebooth
thanks guys. now i'm glad i got those horsehair patch cables
MechaSeb
Impressing indeed ! love
Only STS panels or did you use some of your old beau tie too ? 8_)
aasmodular
bartlebooth wrote:
thanks guys. now i'm glad i got those horsehair patch cables

lol lol lol applause
michaelvertex
Thick horsehair plumes! thumbs up
bartlebooth
MechaSeb wrote:
Impressing indeed ! love
Only STS panels or did you use some of your old beau tie too ? 8_)

the main stringy sounds were from STS (mostly blue voice/WAD/mayhem) and the tabla-ish sound was old paperface which has 1 oakland panel in it too.
dkcg
Damn that WAD sounds great.

Awesome sounds!
KNYST
we need more horsehair modulars around here!!! applause
djangosfire
That was fantastic bartlebooth - wonderful audio art!
eben1000uk
amazing! applause

did you set out to model a violin or did you stumble upon this? good work either way!
Scories
That's the first really musical use of the WAD I've heard until now. Impressive!
bartlebooth
thanks everyone for the nice comments.

eben1000uk wrote:
amazing! applause

did you set out to model a violin or did you stumble upon this? good work either way!

i didn't really start with that in mind, was actually just trying out the VCFQ as a CV processor and then patched that into a feedback loop with the wave multiplier. and then the WAD was just sitting there so...
blungo2
Wow! That's some of the coolest sounds i've ever heard a synth make.
construct09
Amazing woah
Simply amazing
tronabetes
I wanna download it!!
tragedybysyntax
Holy crap........ *hail*
bartlebooth
tronabetes wrote:
I wanna download it!!

thanks, you should be able to now
MindMachine
That is a patch for the ages. Incredible wood resonance. we're not worthy Larry Fast would be proud of that sound - excellent job.
ModHiisi
That sounds pretty amazing! applause
themanthatwasused
Great patch bartlebooth
thumbs up
vgermuse
Love it thumbs up wonderful erhu-like sounds! Nice rosin.
cat6batch
Wow, beautiful applause
nrdvrgr
blungo2 wrote:
Wow! That's some of the coolest sounds i've ever heard a synth make.

Agreed! The string sound is out of this world... I would never have guessed that came from a Serge!
weinglas
Amazing sounds. This patch sounds so alive we're not worthy
bartlebooth
thanks a lot guys!

you know i was looking at this patch this morning, one weird thing is that the 'audio' path (2 PCO sine waves sync'd and mixed) goes into the CV input of the middle wave multiplier and the 'CV path' (slope generator processed by VCFQ in lo mode) goes in to the IN jack of the WMM. so it seems reversing the audio and CV inputs in this way can trick your serge into believing its a fiddle thumbs up
Kent
That's a great little ditty. I second the entirety of praises that the others have given. Awesome.

thumbs up
aethersprite
Absolutely incredible! we're not worthy
construct09
well deserved bump, amazing woah
GrantB
WOW thanks for bumpin it up we're not worthy
djangosfire
One of my favs - thank you for bumpin'! Such excellent patching and tones - we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
Chaotic
applause Great applause
subcutaneous
Definitely deserved a bump!! At first I thought "This is all Serge?" to only think "Is this actually a synthesizer?" Way super organic tones.....
Ossicle
Truly stunning. One of the best synth demos I've ever heard.

Reminds me of Irvine Arditti performing Sei Capricci:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sERL1gecDRc

bartlebooth wrote:
thanks a lot guys!

you know i was looking at this patch this morning, one weird thing is that the 'audio' path (2 PCO sine waves sync'd and mixed) goes into the CV input of the middle wave multiplier and the 'CV path' (slope generator processed by VCFQ in lo mode) goes in to the IN jack of the "WMM". so it seems reversing the audio and CV inputs in this way can trick your serge into believing its a fiddle thumbs up

So although I only have euro R*S Wave Multipliers and DUSG, I gave it a shot on the basis of what I could gather from the above notes, adding 2 sine waves and Boogie filter. Didn't get anything like it waah But I got very nice and interesting tones nonetheless.

I'd be really interested in decyphering this more. Possible with R*S stuff? Is the WAD necessary? What does WMM mean - Middle section of the Wave Multiplier? hmmm.....
Ossicle
Bump applause Miley Cyrus Rockin' Banana! sad banana
visible cow
Thanks for bumping, this is incredible
hemeroscopium
woah, thats amazeballzzzz *_*
Steelshank
Damn, his is incredible! Never heard this one before. Thanks for bumping!
teezdalien
eek! applause This really does sound amazing and have have to echo the sentiment shared by everyone here. Wonderful patch! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 2