ive got 3 spaces of frac open..suggestions?

Blacet, Metalbox, Synthasonic, PAiA and the rest.... a frac frenzy!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

User avatar
vmgas
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 pm

ive got 3 spaces of frac open..suggestions?

Post by vmgas » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:53 pm

current modules:

vco:
2 blacet
1 paia
1 diy

vcf:
paia
cgs synthacon
arp clone
dual wasp
mankato

lfo:
2 blacet

vca:
2 paia dual
1 paia w/adsr

adsr:
metalbox

sequence:
hexzone
binary zone
blacet sequential switch

noise:
paia 3 color
cgs digital noise

other:
paia s/h
blacet frequency divider
paia mulitple
diy multiple
bugbrand ctl1 version1

cant really think of anything i really need right now...maybe i should just blank it out
i will say im not interested in the improb drive or eg1..had both and disliked both
Last edited by vmgas on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tIB
Stainer!
Posts: 9584
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:28 am
Location: UK

Post by tIB » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Bug wavefolder and weevil!

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:59 pm

i'd see if i could pick up any of the bugbrand modules in minijack format. or even banana format and diy a convertor panel.

the ptdelay and bugcrusher are imo signature bugbrand modules. the dual lpg is very nice too.

getting hold of them might be easier said than done though. minijack ones were done in (very) limited quantities and the banana ones come up for sale fairly rarely.

User avatar
e-grad
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:55 am
Location: Berlin

Post by e-grad » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:13 pm

I'd miss the following:

Some LPGs;at least one Mixer/Proc.; some AD/AR envelopes; MiniWave and/or MOTM Morphing Terrarium (you can get the latter as DIY-kit and make your own Frac panel as I did)...

To fill the 3 spaces Mixer/Proc. and a D/A/D.
Last edited by e-grad on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:14 pm

miniwave is a good suggestion :tu:

User avatar
tIB
Stainer!
Posts: 9584
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:28 am
Location: UK

Post by tIB » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:18 pm

^ miniwave is a great module, Ive only just realised how amazing it is as a distortion. Flexible too- quantizer, wavetable osc, distortion...

Id miss a wavefolder from that setup- the stg one is nice too.

User avatar
tIB
Stainer!
Posts: 9584
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:28 am
Location: UK

Post by tIB » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Encore freq shifter is nice too...

User avatar
vmgas
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by vmgas » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 pm

e-grad wrote:I'd miss the following:

Some LPGs;at least one Mixer/Proc.; some AD/AR envelopes; MiniWave and/or MOTM Morphing Terrarium (you can get the latter as DIY-kit and make your own Frac panel as I did)...

To fill the 3 spaces Mixer/Proc. and a D/A/D.
ive got a/r on both paia vco and paia vcf
maybe a mixer/proc..i had given thought to the wave folder or miniwave..more so the wave folder

User avatar
vmgas
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by vmgas » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:43 pm

i also had some thought on the metalbox divider

User avatar
werock
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 890
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:38 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by werock » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:30 pm

I'll second the Bugbrand Wavefolder, although it looks unavailable at the moment.

How about the Window Comparator - have a read of this thread to see if it floats your boat:

viewtopic.php?t=1400&highlight=window

Maybe a quantizer to go with the Binary Zone? I did a diy MFOS one...

User avatar
rezzn8r
Aural Enthusiast
Posts: 3527
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: Canada

Post by rezzn8r » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:15 pm

vmgas wrote:
e-grad wrote:I'd miss the following:

Some LPGs;at least one Mixer/Proc.; some AD/AR envelopes; MiniWave and/or MOTM Morphing Terrarium (you can get the latter as DIY-kit and make your own Frac panel as I did)...

To fill the 3 spaces Mixer/Proc. and a D/A/D.
ive got a/r on both paia vco and paia vcf
maybe a mixer/proc..i had given thought to the wave folder or miniwave..more so the wave folder
the mixer/pro is a must-have IMO. Bias/Offset is a fundamental function in modular patch programming. A Bananalogue/Serge 3P is only 1 space, if you can find one...

The STG Wave Folder is awsome, but given the choice I'd go for a Miniwave. It's a modular Swiss-army knife, and would give you a lot of new sonic options.
WTB: Miniwave Vowels & GR-New ROMs
-----------------
http://analognoisemonster.bandcamp.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/rezzn8r

User avatar
vmgas
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by vmgas » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:46 pm

a friend of mine is selling a burst gen which im tempted by for the price but the mix/proc or miniwave might be more useful..choices choices.
any experiences with the single space paia cv source/mixer?

User avatar
rezzn8r
Aural Enthusiast
Posts: 3527
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: Canada

Post by rezzn8r » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:55 pm

the paia cv source/mixer looks pretty good for the price. patch one of the voltage sources in the top section into one of the mixer channels on the bottom, and then patch your Binary Zone into the other channel of the mixer.
Substitute the Binary Zone with your S/H & Noise for even more fun.
Add a Miniwave with a Quantizer ROM and it's a party!
:party:
WTB: Miniwave Vowels & GR-New ROMs
-----------------
http://analognoisemonster.bandcamp.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/rezzn8r

User avatar
vmgas
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by vmgas » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 pm

i think im going to go with the paia cv source/mixer without a doubt
now its between miniwave or burst gen

User avatar
noisefor
Common Wiggler
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:42 am
Location: The Crossroads

Post by noisefor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:01 am

Mini Wave!!! So versatile and chock full of utility. Go w/extra eprom too.
Last edited by noisefor on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
e-tron
Common Wiggler
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: Ottawa-Hull

Post by e-tron » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 am

The Miniwave is a good one for sure.

For something a little different, I suggest you
check out the Flight of Harmony Sound of Shadows.
It runs on +-15 and fits in the rack(drill those rails).
It's not frac but you know...

It adds so much deepness to any patch.

wetwetsuit
Common Wiggler
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 am
Location: PNW

Post by wetwetsuit » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:20 am

+1 for the miniwave. Really versatile and super fun.

User avatar
vmgas
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by vmgas » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:54 am

i think the miniwave is the winner
how is it building wise or should i just keep an eye peeled for a used one

wetwetsuit
Common Wiggler
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 am
Location: PNW

Post by wetwetsuit » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:30 am

I think there are currently 2 in the B/S/T thread, but I'm sure you've checked there already.

User avatar
e-grad
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:55 am
Location: Berlin

Post by e-grad » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:34 am

Yep, think so, too. One Euro, one Frac. IIRC I've seen pics of the Mix/Proc behind a one space Frac panel. That would eat up the 3 spaces of Frac.

User avatar
Cat-A-Tonic
Lobsters love Muff
Posts: 3758
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 am
Location: Yokohama, Japan

Post by Cat-A-Tonic » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:53 pm

e-grad wrote:I've seen pics of the Mix/Proc behind a one space Frac panel. That would eat up the 3 spaces of Frac.
I repaneled my Mini-Wave, Mixer/Processor, and Window Comparator.
Now the 3 of them take up one Frac space each instead of two. :mrgreen:

User avatar
noisefor
Common Wiggler
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:42 am
Location: The Crossroads

Post by noisefor » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:10 am

vmgas wrote:i think the miniwave is the winner
how is it building wise or should i just keep an eye peeled for a used one
Not super complicated. Hardest part is getting LED's to line up with the faceplate. But if you've built Blacet kits before you know instructions are detailed, and if followed closely make it a breeze.

User avatar
vmgas
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by vmgas » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
e-grad wrote:I've seen pics of the Mix/Proc behind a one space Frac panel. That would eat up the 3 spaces of Frac.
I repaneled my Mini-Wave, Mixer/Processor, and Window Comparator.
Now the 3 of them take up one Frac space each instead of two. :mrgreen:
photo? id like to take a peek at that.

and yea ive never had much of a problem with blacet kits, i was just curious and havent built anything in awhile.

User avatar
rezzn8r
Aural Enthusiast
Posts: 3527
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: Canada

Post by rezzn8r » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:23 pm

vmgas wrote:
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
e-grad wrote:I've seen pics of the Mix/Proc behind a one space Frac panel. That would eat up the 3 spaces of Frac.
I repaneled my Mini-Wave, Mixer/Processor, and Window Comparator.
Now the 3 of them take up one Frac space each instead of two. :mrgreen:
photo? id like to take a peek at that.

and yea ive never had much of a problem with blacet kits, i was just curious and havent built anything in awhile.
There's a pic of Cat-A-Tonic's Mix/Proc in the Blacet Modifications thread.
viewtopic.php?t=211&start=all
not sure about the other two.
WTB: Miniwave Vowels & GR-New ROMs
-----------------
http://analognoisemonster.bandcamp.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/rezzn8r

User avatar
noisefor
Common Wiggler
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:42 am
Location: The Crossroads

Post by noisefor » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:55 pm

rezzn8r wrote:
vmgas wrote:
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
e-grad wrote:I've seen pics of the Mix/Proc behind a one space Frac panel. That would eat up the 3 spaces of Frac.
I repaneled my Mini-Wave, Mixer/Processor, and Window Comparator.
Now the 3 of them take up one Frac space each instead of two. :mrgreen:
photo? id like to take a peek at that.

and yea ive never had much of a problem with blacet kits, i was just curious and havent built anything in awhile.
There's a pic of Cat-A-Tonic's Mix/Proc in the Blacet Modifications thread.
viewtopic.php?t=211&start=all
not sure about the other two.
Ditto (on the the MW pics.).

Post Reply

Return to “Fractional Rack Modules”