MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Bergfotron module: The Woodwind VCO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author New Bergfotron module: The Woodwind VCO
Bergfotron
I just posted a new module on the Bergfotron site:
Bergfotron Woodwind VCO
This is in response to requests for a simpler module with the woodwind waveshaper, which also is a part of the Advanced VCO.
Feel free to use this thread if you have questions about the new module.
andrewF
w00t thanks for putting up that page, very interesting reading
Bergfotron
Thanks Andrew. A note to those who have already checked the page out: I have just corrected a few errors on it. Hopefully there are no more errors, but please report here if you find any.
PF
Supercool.... w00t
Luka
very interesting - would love to build some of these when i get home
megaohm
Bergfotron wrote:
I just posted a new module on the Bergfotron site:
Bergfotron Woodwind VCO

That is great!
I want to try the waveshaping ASAP.
Glad to see Bergfotron still running strong.
Your stuff (especially construction techniques!!!) have been a real inspiration to many of us.
Thanks.
mono-poly
That's great!
roman_f
thank you smile maybe you could also give us some simple panel layout to see that inputs and controls are possible
Bergfotron
roman_f wrote:
thank you smile maybe you could also give us some simple panel layout to see that inputs and controls are possible

Well, the connector list at the end of each module page shows exactly what inputs, outputs and controls are possible. Just remember that each input in the list can have any number of summing inputs.
ultrashock
awesome new module!
would you be so kind to tell in what software are you drawing such beautiful schemes? they are really pleasant for reading instead of different Pcads ones!
AFIK, the boards layouts are just ordinary vector files from smth. like Corel Draw - was it all done manually, with all resistors color's decoding?
Bergfotron
ultrashock wrote:
awesome new module!
would you be so kind to tell in what software are you drawing such beautiful schemes? they are really pleasant for reading instead of different Pcads ones!
AFIK, the boards layouts are just ordinary vector files from smth. like Corel Draw - was it all done manually, with all resistors color's decoding?

You guessed it. Both schematics and circuit board layouts are done in Corel Draw. The schematic symbols are clones of the ones that good old Elektor magazine used.
I just switched to publish the schematics in PDF format. I will convert the schematics for all AMORE modules to PDF eventually.
lordofthebored
I love the sound of this woodwind waveshaper circuit. Any chance that it (not the vco core) would run on 12v without any component changes?
Bergfotron
lordofthebored wrote:
I love the sound of this woodwind waveshaper circuit. Any chance that it (not the vco core) would run on 12v without any component changes?

12V supply is a bit low for 10V CVs. You might have to redesign it for a lower CV range.
mono-poly
Why all the -1 voltages on the pcb's?
Have to come up with a solution to fix that.
Still excited to get a woodwind vco done!
Luka
doesn't look like -1 is connected to anything on this pcb
mono-poly
d'oh! indeed

Just need the +15 and -15 smile
Bergfotron
Luka wrote:
doesn't look like -1 is connected to anything on this pcb

It's used by the 4051 in the waveform selector.
Luka

secret connections? smile
Luka
oh wait i found it smile

so it is ok just to use 2 resistor voltage divider from the -15 rail to generate the -1 or does it need to be regulated?
roman_f
is +10V necessary for this module? at my dotcom power system i have only +/-15V and +5V confused
Bergfotron
Luka wrote:

secret connections? smile

Look at the circuit board layout PDF. The AMORE connector is obscuring the trace in the component placement plan.
Bergfotron
roman_f wrote:
is +10V necessary for this module? at my dotcom power system i have only +/-15V and +5V confused

Yes, in AMORE the 10 V supply is used for stuff that can affect the tuning plus it feeds all fixed CV potentiometers. On the WVCO, the 10 V supply is used by the VCO core, to increase tuning stability. This makes the tuning imune to load variations in the +15 V supply.
mono-poly
Is a component overlay with resistor values posible?
I'm having a real hard time translating codes.
Jarno
Haven't started myself, but +1, being colourblind doesn't help :-)
Bergfotron
mono-poly wrote:
Is a component overlay with resistor values posible?
I'm having a real hard time translating codes.

I'm layouting the boards using the shown symbols for resistors etc, so unfortunately I don't have anything else.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3