MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Korg Monotribe modifications thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next [all]
Author Korg Monotribe modifications thread
Pase
And here's my monotribe It's motherfucking bacon yo :

-midi in/out
-drum mix out (audio)
-individual mute switches for drum sounds
-individual drum decay/pitch switches
-declick
-pwm mod
SlayerBadger!
It's been modded for me by a great guy here in Italy ('cause sadly I'm not a diy guy oops )
Now this little groovebox rocks more than ever! Rawk! Champagne The Chewbacca Defense Animal!
rarara
Very neat job. Need to finish my mods, but been a bit distracted unfortunately.

Any idea what drum-out schema was used? And how are you liking the PWM?

Also need to do a FM modulation and distortion mod for my Volca Bass w00t
Pase
@rarara
Sorry but I really don't know which schema it's been used.
The PWM it's a very nice addition but I suggest you to do it if you've got more than one unit (I've got 2 atm), 'cause it's not switchable and it change permanently the synth's sound when the LFO's target are VCO or VCO+VCF.
grenert
Pase wrote:
@rarara
Sorry but I really don't know which schema it's been used.
The PWM it's a very nice addition but I suggest you to do it if you've got more than one unit (I've got 2 atm), 'cause it's not switchable and it change permanently the synth's sound when the LFO's target are VCO or VCO+VCF.

Well, that's not entirely true. It only has an effect when the pulse wave is selected. Triangle and sawtooth are not altered (at least in the mod described earlier in this thread).
Pase
grenert wrote:
Well, that's not entirely true. It only has an effect when the pulse wave is selected. Triangle and sawtooth are not altered (at least in the mod described earlier in this thread).

d'oh! You are right, I was wrong oops
rarara
Changing subject to the Volca Bass slightly - I guess the sync in and out are just standard mono jacks? Think I may relocate one and use the hole for my FM mod pot, to save drilling the faceplate. I may even be able to mount it on the PCB.

Had a look at darenager's distortion mod - its simple and my eyesight is decent, but the fact that I can barely see the resistor makes me worry that it will be tricky to remove and solder the wires in its place. waah
Heaven
Slightly off topic.. does anyone know where to buy Monotribe nowadays? can't even find it on eBay!
Pase
The monotribe it's been discontinued, you have to look for a second hand unit.
Heaven
Pase wrote:
The monotribe it's been discontinued, you have to look for a second hand unit.

OMG! why??? It's such an amazing piece. Hope they introduce another version or something similar soon.

I sold mine a while ago because I was being a stupid retard. Oh how I regret it now..
saldiamond
I rarely use mine.
But every time I pull it out to sell, I spend some time with it and come up with something interesting and have fun doing so.

I have considered modding it but I am sure at this point I would muck it up.
hamildad
I always think about a 10 year anniversary model that has MIDI & CV/gate as standard and no clicking, but otherwise I wouldn't change anything.

I even like the fact that the filter is non CC-able, it's wiggling or nothing...
darenager
I have been working on some new drum mod kits for the Monotribe, details here:

http://monotribemods.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/xtreme-decay-drum-mod-demo .html

Also VCO mod is available again, the last run (really this time!)
rarara
darenager wrote:
I have been working on some new drum mod kits for the Monotribe, details here:

http://monotribemods.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/xtreme-decay-drum-mod-demo .html

Also VCO mod is available again, the last run (really this time!)

hi daren - would there be a discount for both monotribe mods??

and off topic, but did you need some form of magnification to do the volca bass distortion mod?
darenager
^ PM me re the mods

The Volca mods are by Darren Glenn in Australia not me, but yes magnification would be recommended to work on the smt parts.
Pase
Slightly off-topic: Does anybody knows if it's possible to swing the monotribe with a Future Retro Swynx?
The Swynx has an analogue clock output so it should work with the sync in of the korg. I ask to J. from Future Retro and he said that he didn't have a korg to try it but it should work.
Are there other solutions to apply swing to the monotribe? (not the iphone app)

P.s.- via midi my 'tribe receive swing only for the synth part, not the drums. It's supposed to work this way?
neuroportal
Does anyone know of anyone who will install a Midi mod and click reduce into my 'tribe? This would be in the UK and payment, obviously, with it.

I would prefer it installed into the case, but I am open to suggestions.
rotallicso
neuroportal wrote:
Does anyone know of anyone who will install a Midi mod and click reduce into my 'tribe? This would be in the UK and payment, obviously, with it.

I would prefer it installed into the case, but I am open to suggestions.

Start here, or check DarenAger's recent posts to see if he's still doing them .. http://monotribemods.blogspot.co.uk/
neuroportal
Awesome. Thanks!
rotallicso
neuroportal wrote:
Awesome. Thanks!

erm - sorry - had no idea he'd actually posted two above you !
Karg
My attempt to mod the monotribe: http://karg-music.blogspot.de/p/monotribe.html

Much inspired by this thread!! Thanks!
grenert
Great first post! thumbs up
I look forward to hearing how you added the LFOs.
Have you managed to fit it all back into the case?
Pase
monotribe n.2, this time with MIDI I/O, darenager's VCO mod kit, VCO de-click,drum decay/frames (with knobs instead of switches), drum mute switches, and drum mix out.

WilliamHart
This is my first post on Muff Wiggler, or any forum for that matter, so be gentleā€¦ wink

I saw this guy mod his Monotribe to go into his Eurorack. http://www.matrixsynth.com/2012/08/korg-monotribe-in-eurorack-korg-ds1 0-on.html

Has anyone here tried this?

This seems cool, but what I think would be even better is to be able to control aspects of the synth parts (LFO and VCF, among other things) on the Monotribe with external CV. Has anyone found the schematics for the synth section? I've only been able to locate the schematics for the rhythm section.

Cheers!
stopthesignal
Quick question for anyone who has done the de-click mod. Have you noticed an intermittent glitchy sound when the gate is opening and closing a lot/quickly?
FrJK
Altitude909 wrote:
on the base board (the one with a speaker) there is a 0603 surface mount fuse marked FU1 (it as an M on it), check if that is blown

Thanks a lot for this hint. You saved me my monotribe :-)

It happened while I resoldered the output jack, because he was not giving proper signal ... but resoldering didn't helped ... Do you have any tip what else it could be? I now use the 3,5mm mini jack headphone output. That one is working well ...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next [all]
Page 36 of 39