MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Korg Monotribe modifications thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next [all]
Author Korg Monotribe modifications thread
th0mas
nitro2k01 wrote:
CONFIRMED! It is actually spitting out proper MIDI on the serial line!.

YES YES YES YES YES YES SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! I KNEW IT! grin Dead Banana
nitro2k01

and a video perhaps?
computer controlled
Interesting
Veqtor
Post of the month! Hack of the month! Etc!
Now lets see midi in! Mr. Green
Nils
Great work Nitro!
mckenic
This makes the Monotribe X10 more interesting...

Midi In/CV in X1000...

Thank you very much for sharing your results - It's motherfucking bacon yo
Low-Gain
F' midi! razz
SYN7HOR
nanners
mckenic
Well pitch CV in would be wonderful... more than 8 steps would be fap fap fap...
3vcos
mckenic wrote:
Well pitch CV in would be wonderful... more than 8 steps would be fap fap fap...

It already has 16 steps. (read manual or check out videos)
mckenic
Well that I didnt know!

Guess I need to look for different vids as all I saw was 8 bar loops with blokes tweaking the filter!
nitro2k01
3vcos wrote:
mckenic wrote:

It already has 16 steps. (read manual or check out videos)
Only the drums. The synth is still only 8 steps.
mckenic

seriously, i just don't get it

EDIT - Thanks nitro... Im sure there are very creative ways to use this and I cant wait to get my hands on one but it must be me... even 16 steps aint enough for me to get my ideas out these days. Perhaps I need to rethink my thoughts on sequencing. Funny tho because most guitar songs I write have only two chords hihi
monobot
So maybe you should get more familiar with the flux mode or try the pitch cv control presented here: http://monomodder.blogspot.com/2011/08/monotribe-pitch-control-cv.html
kcr
The maddening thing is that the 8 steps is clearly a UI/software limitation.

Someone will figure out how to read out and write in the firmware soon enough, I suppose.
Veqtor

I got to see the "holy fuck" moment first hand! thumbs up
mckenic
Holy f'in Fuck!

Wow! we're not worthy
Sir Ruff
Veqtor wrote:

I got to see the "holy fuck" moment first hand! thumbs up

So how did he figure out what parameters are automated/use CCs/Sysex?

From the sound of it, it seems like every parameter responds to midi?
Veqtor
Well, it appears that the parameters that send midi also respond to midi. Like lfo rate and depth, lfo shape, lfo destination, lfo type. Their cc numbers correspond to the ones they send out.

But controls like cutoff, res, osc wave and the volumes (synth vs drums) are analogue so they don't have any midi parameters ofc
giorgio
Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
minphase
If you're driving the monotribe from an external clock source (like an ancient DR-55) via the gate/sync input, does the monotribe send midi clocks at a proportional rate, via the midi out pins just discovered? Awesome stuff, nitro2k01 !
nitro2k01
minphase: Haven't tried, but my bet is no. The external sync input only takes one pulse per step, whereas MIDI is 24 PPQ (pulses per quarter note). So in order to output MIDI sync from external sync, it would have to generate a lot more pulses than it receives.

Actually, it does interpolate sync clocks already for the extra steps for the drums. If you send a sync pulse into the jack on the back, the monotribe will place the secondary drum hits between the sync pulses, so maybe it'll output MIDI clocks after all.
giorgio
i bet the microprocessor drives the whole clocking system of the thing, and probably processes the analog sync input. therefore it'd probably spit out midi clock either way, if it spits out midi clock at all (can't 100% tell from the vid or info above but seems like it might)
rico loverde
MY ASS IS BLEEDING Gotta get me one.
exper
hyper

So, what is involved in getting MIDI into the monotribe then? Simply wiring a MIDI jack to the serial port inside? The first person to offer this interface resonably gets my money! Since getting started with my modular, I lost interest in the monotribe, but now... something wonderful
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next [all]
Page 3 of 39