D-1000 Clock Input ?

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, infradead, metasonix

resetlfo
Wiggling with Experience

D-1000 Clock Input ?

Post by resetlfo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Hello

I want to use d1000s internal sequencer with my system in sync .but I just cannot use it as master clock, so I decided to built or at least change clock output into clock input for internal sequencer
Because the way how you work with sequencer switches are great and easy to write grooves

Therefore i would like to ask if anyone interested to built and succeeded a clock input for D1000's internal sequencer ?

dan_p
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dan_p » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Yep, heads up for a mod to get a clock in botched onto the side of the case would be great.
Oh you got a Nickel, I got a Dime,
I'd like to get to know you but I haven't got the time,
You got to walk like a mannequin, roll like a tyre,
Act on reaction dodge the big spud fryer
------------------------------------------
www.Soundcloud.com/dan_p
www.YouTube.Com/d4nnyp

Klopfgeist
Extraneous Commenter

Post by Klopfgeist » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Eric mentioned a mod was possible in another thread.

I would be interested in this as well. Would there be any reset function available so the sequencer would always start at 1 or 8?

nrdvrgr
Working at NASA on acid

Post by nrdvrgr » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:12 pm

Fuck it. D-1000 is boss clock!
-Extendunt barbam tuam, et velo-

BUY/LISTEN: http://nordvargr.bandcamp.com
VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/nrdvrgr

resetlfo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by resetlfo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:45 pm

nrdvrgr wrote:Fuck it. D-1000 is boss clock!
Wrong.

You cannot use it as master clock if you want to record it , and make some arrangements later on .
Or in another words , you cannot rely whole your modular system to its clock

Also you cannot find the exact tempo if you are running it with some other material . There you will have tempo issues .

I found it pretty non-sense that it has clock output instead of clock input honestly .

nrdvrgr
Working at NASA on acid

Post by nrdvrgr » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:51 pm

OK, I hear you... but I mean that it is not less awkward than using any other LFO in your modular,

I don´t use any midi or computer with my setup, so for me it has become the BOSS clock. Old skool.

:bananaguitar:
-Extendunt barbam tuam, et velo-

BUY/LISTEN: http://nordvargr.bandcamp.com
VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/nrdvrgr

resetlfo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by resetlfo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:53 pm

nrdvrgr wrote:OK, I hear you... but I mean that it is not less awkward than using any other LFO in your modular,

I don´t use any midi or computer with my setup, so for me it has become the BOSS clock. Old skool.

:bananaguitar:
do u have also hum problem with that ?

especially snare drum ?

Klopfgeist
Extraneous Commenter

Post by Klopfgeist » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Like others, I need to be able to sync it to my DAW's master clock. So far I have has great results triggering it from the Oberkorn and clock dividers, but I would also like to be able to use the internal sequencer synced to an external clock.

Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Low-Gain » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:06 pm

it doesn't have a clock input?? wack.

If someone wants to buy me a D1000 i'll gladly document a modification for clock input! :lol: :lol: :lol:

resetlfo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by resetlfo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:13 pm

its easy .

open the board you will see clock input and reset

cut the "clock out" trace , solder a cable from the clock output socket and solder this cable to "clock" where it is labelled beside the tempo knob on the board . It means you already transform the clock output into clock input .

Than use one of the empty holes of the board of d1000 and build a input socket there , than from this socket go to reset and solder . Apply 5v to this reset input . that sequencer will go back to 1

the seq runs 1 pulse per step . the signal you will feed to clock input need to be very very short , mean you might need to use some kind of trigger modifier . if you apply long gates , the triggers can double the sounds which is not pleasant .

thats it

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:22 am

Low-Gain wrote:it doesn't have a clock input?? wack.

If someone wants to buy me a D1000 i'll gladly document a modification for clock input! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh jesus :lol:
It's already on the PCB someone just has to attach the jack to to the board to do it! :roll:
(look for the DIY easter eggs children.....)
Where you want to mount the 1/4"(or 1/8" or whatever) jack is another story.
drill a hole in the side of the toolbox I suppose.(There wasn't room on the panel to mount another jack for external clock, but there are 4 individual trigger inputs for each voice)
I am going to stick my D1000 in a wooden box, then mount a jack for external clock input on the box.
I am also experimenting with vactrols to add additional control voltage inputs(for my personal model)

burnn_out!
deep fried intoxicated wiggler

Post by burnn_out! » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:19 pm

So a seperate clock input jack can be made? i mean to say that if i choose the internal clock will remain and by hitting the run switch off with a clock input modded d1000, i could use external clock? having both would be nice, a previous poster mentioned snipping the clock wire, which i often use the d1000 clock. being able to switch between its clock and the gate out of my leploop would be sweet though. what other easter eggs exist? i have a synth tech close by, so its my intensions to have him do the clock input. curious what other mods are possible. thanx.

LEVLHED
Common Wiggler

Post by LEVLHED » Wed May 04, 2011 11:53 am

huh, that sounds pretty easy actually

I devised a way to make the D-1000 clock master though...pretty sure I had a thread on this a little while ago. I should probably make a recording/video about the results one of these days..

Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Low-Gain » Wed May 04, 2011 12:50 pm

zerosum wrote:
Low-Gain wrote:it doesn't have a clock input?? wack.

Oh jesus :lol:
It's already on the PCB someone just has to attach the jack to to the board to do it! :roll:
(look for the DIY easter eggs children.....)
Where you want to mount the 1/4"(or 1/8" or whatever) jack is another story.
drill a hole in the side of the toolbox I suppose.(There wasn't room on the panel to mount another jack for external clock, but there are 4 individual trigger inputs for each voice)
I am going to stick my D1000 in a wooden box, then mount a jack for external clock input on the box.
I am also experimenting with vactrols to add additional control voltage inputs(for my personal model)

well i didn't know that. hahaha.. i dont own one.... YET! for real i gotta get one like.. SOON. i'm going fucking nuts w/ out one. I'd almost consider selling my 808 to get that and a kv-100. hahaha ALMOST...

slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slow_riot » Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 pm

i would sell an 808 to get a d1000.

the thing is the perfect drum machine to go with a modular synth. just simple drum stuff so you can use other machines for more complex harmonic/tonal stuff and let the d1000 do pounding. And it is already configured to do the extra stuff if you want to go deeper into the drum sounds... audio/trigger/cv in.

plus, the sound, of course.

slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slow_riot » Wed May 11, 2011 9:29 pm

oh, and on topic more, I'm gonna look into clock modifications. The sequencer circuit seems to have a lot of options for diy... ins and outs. I don't want to alter the panel but it could be possible to do something in the lid... maybe put some euro rails in there like someone recently did and make an expander module. hmm

radiodread87
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by radiodread87 » Thu May 12, 2011 6:24 pm

having used the D1000 recently i did think that a clock input may have been cool , it wasnt so much of an issue because of the external triggering options for the throat punching but would be nice in some instances of patching , i was thinking of actually rack mounting it along with the kv100 on a flat panel like i saw on the metasonix website if i did that im sure there would be provision on the front panel for another jack. just a bit scared of messing with my metasonix too much but im sure my tech could handle it.

johnnywoods
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by johnnywoods » Sat May 21, 2011 10:56 pm

has anyone done this successfully?

I've attached a jack to the "ext clock" on the pcb, but am having no luck. Do I need to add a switch somewhere to break the connection from the internal clock?
:despair: :despair: :despair:

Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Low-Gain » Sat May 21, 2011 11:04 pm

johnnywoods wrote:has anyone done this successfully?

I've attached a jack to the "ext clock" on the pcb, but am having no luck. Do I need to add a switch somewhere to break the connection from the internal clock?
stupid question, but... did you wire a ground wire from the jack to the pcb?

johnnywoods
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by johnnywoods » Sat May 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Low-Gain wrote:
johnnywoods wrote:has anyone done this successfully?

stupid question, but... did you wire a ground wire from the jack to the pcb?
actually, not a stupid question at all... there are 2 connections for the "ext clock", and I assumed one would go to ground... :doh: maybe this is not the case? :despair:

Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Low-Gain » Sat May 21, 2011 11:23 pm

i dont own a D-1000 so i'm not sure.. but i make sure u got a ground wire going from the jack to the pcb.

slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slow_riot » Sun May 22, 2011 8:18 am

"ext clock" on the bottom left of the board is a trace that needs to be cut. The 2 points on the circuit are there so you can add a switch to change between internal and external clock.

The external clock signal goes to Clock in the middle set of 8 holes (next to reset).

I assume that Low-Gain knows what they're talking about when they say to run a connection from ground to the jack.

Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Low-Gain » Sun May 22, 2011 8:24 am

slow_riot wrote:"ext clock" on the bottom left of the board is a trace that needs to be cut. The 2 points on the circuit are there so you can add a switch to change between internal and external clock.

The external clock signal goes to Clock in the middle set of 8 holes (next to reset).

I assume that Low-Gain knows what they're talking about when they say to run a connection from ground to the jack.

aHH,, So there Are 3 wires that will be going to the ext. clock jack. Figured there had to be normalling scheme there somewhere. good good.
(I've never seen the inside of a d1000 before, *Laughs*)

depth20
Common Wiggler

Post by depth20 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:20 am

Anybody had any luck with this and actually got it working? It's kind of a deal breaker for me if I'm gonna get it or not.

slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slow_riot » Fri May 27, 2011 3:04 am

yes it works and is about the easiest piece of work you could ever do. The sequencer has been designed with expansions already in place.

I'm waiting to do it right, and put a proper enclosure for the expansions. I could do it now in about 5 minutes by putting holes into the current box, or the faceplate, or changing the clock out to clock in. Very easy.

Return to “Metasonix”