MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Best place to sell lossless downloads
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Best place to sell lossless downloads
doctorvague
I've been asked by a few folks to offer an ambient CD I just did in a lossless download format. I'm aware of Bandcamp and Musiczeit. Any suggestions or things I should know? I have it for sale right now at CD Baby as a physical CD and download and Amazon as a download.

TIA
Phil
parasitk
I happen to really like bandcamp for FLAC and ALAC downloads.
doctorvague
parasitk wrote:
I happen to really like bandcamp for FLAC and ALAC downloads.


Thanks Parasitk, Bandcamp looks good to me too.
sandyb
+1 on bandcamp
dude
i'm not sure if any of my sales have used the flac option and i have never listened the flac but i love bandcamp!
stk
'Nother vote for Bandcamp w00t

Sold a handful of stuff there. I think maybe one person went for the lossless/flac version, the rest went 320 mp3s, but it's great to be able to offer the choice.

rot in hell itunes you lowest common denominator worshiping shitpile of mediocrity
doctorvague
Thanks guys. I like Bandcamp and went with them. Sandy I think you were the one I first heard mention it and checked it out at the time but really didn't have a need for it until now. Also appreciate when a company has a sense of humor - their FAQ's are pretty funny.
TBH, I never used FLAC before and had no idea it could compress files so much! Uploading 24 bit was a snap. I really like the idea of full bandwidth downloads. I think I'm hyper-aware of mp3 damage on this particular project as it intentionally has a lot of whispy sounds with high frequency content.
Th only downside I see to this vs other outlets is the others only play snippets and now people can steal the tracks since Bandcamp plays the whole track. I guess the flip side is people can hear more and maybe get interested and purchase. It's probably about a wash in the end I guess.

http://philbrown.bandcamp.com/

If you only check out one song, #3 Inside the Outland is probably the most musically interesting.
stk
doctorvague wrote:
Th only downside I see to this vs other outlets is the others only play snippets and now people can steal the tracks since Bandcamp plays the whole track.


My attitude towards this is that if someone is going to go to the trouble of using Firebug or Greasemonkey or whatever to sniff the http requests just to download a 128kbps mp3 (which is what BC streams), they were probably never ever going to buy it in the first place This is fun!


..anyways, look forward to hearing yr tunes Guinness ftw!
doctorvague
stk wrote:
doctorvague wrote:
Th only downside I see to this vs other outlets is the others only play snippets and now people can steal the tracks since Bandcamp plays the whole track.


My attitude towards this is that if someone is going to go to the trouble of using Firebug or Greasemonkey or whatever to sniff the http requests just to download a 128kbps mp3 (which is what BC streams), they were probably never ever going to buy it in the first place This is fun!


Yeah I agree. You just got to let that go.

Quote:
..anyways, look forward to hearing yr tunes Guinness ftw!

Thanks!
monads
Sounds nice Phil. Just ordered the CD from CDBaby! Looking forward to checking out the album.
doctorvague
Thanks very much you guys. Really appreciate it.
I'll try to get some doctorvague stuff rebounced as 24 bit soon and upload it as a name your own price album so wigglers can get that stuff for free or whatever. Too expensive to keep pressing real CD's unless sales skyrocket or something, so... nice to have Bandcamp!
essex sound lab
doctorvague wrote:

I'll try to get some doctorvague stuff rebounced as 24 bit soon and upload it as a name your own price album so wigglers can get that stuff for free or whatever.


Or pay more because it resonates even more deeply for us! :-)
wyrtti
Dude, I know for sure that one of your customers has bought flac. smile

Doctorvague, I liked your clips and the idea behind your cd. Going to buy it from CDBaby in January or February. Nothing like a physical media to get intimate with... hihi
doctorvague
wyrtti wrote:
Dude, I know for sure that one of your customers has bought flac. smile

Doctorvague, I liked your clips and the idea behind your cd. Going to buy it from CDBaby in January or February. Nothing like a physical media to get intimate with... hihi


thanks a bunch! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
MindMachine
doctorvague wrote:
wyrtti wrote:
Dude, I know for sure that one of your customers has bought flac. smile

Doctorvague, I liked your clips and the idea behind your cd. Going to buy it from CDBaby in January or February. Nothing like a physical media to get intimate with... hihi


thanks a bunch! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up


My wife does massage. I will suggest that she purchase your stuff. And I will remind her that I am due for a session...
doctorvague
MindMachine wrote:
doctorvague wrote:
wyrtti wrote:
Dude, I know for sure that one of your customers has bought flac. smile

Doctorvague, I liked your clips and the idea behind your cd. Going to buy it from CDBaby in January or February. Nothing like a physical media to get intimate with... hihi


thanks a bunch! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up


My wife does massage. I will suggest that she purchase your stuff. And I will remind her that I am due for a session...


A good friend in Kansas City (my home town) is a massage therapist and she's really liking the CD and said she's heard a lot of this kind of stuff. She bought several for her therapist friends, God bless 'er.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group