Mini sofa standalone toy 64hp - help me decide what to do!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

SalvorHardin
Learning to Wiggle

Mini sofa standalone toy 64hp - help me decide what to do!

Post by SalvorHardin » Sat May 23, 2020 7:06 pm

So I have this rack for 3 years now, but currently I some life issue that mostly keep me away from the desk, and obviously it’s hard to play with in on my laps...
A223E9C5-66E5-4293-8E19-F97F242AF316.jpeg
I did found some bitcoin dust, and was thinking or ordering this from Control to make a little sofa 64podx. The idea is to also move the Rosie, but when I come back to the desk I use would also connect this pod.
My constraints were: something that expand current rig, that can be played standalone, that can rejoin the main rig, can contains element from the main rig, spending around a grand usd.

Not sure modemix will be useful in the end as envelop may not be great with the Ensemble?

Any suggestion? The only thing I absolutely want to try is the Ensemble as I’m already playing a lot with the 4 voices of Tides and scales in Clouds V/O to make similar things with the grains.
The rosie is probably overkill for such a small system, but I try to reuse what I have to reduce costs 🤷‍♂️

Merci!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SavageMessiah
Common Wiggler

Re: Mini sofa standalone toy 64hp - help me decide what to do!

Post by SavageMessiah » Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm

Honestly, if you're buying the pod, consider getting an intellijel palette instead. It's 62 hp, has a 1u row, 2 buff mults, and built in 1/4" jacks. The 1u stereo out or headphone out is really cheap and would save you some space.

Unless you're dead set on buying the stuff in the pod, marbles, maths, BIA, and plaits will all fit in 62 hp with 2 hp to spare. You could stick in one of your quadratts for mixing and have a fun system to fool around with without buying so much stuff. Or get the stages since stages is great.

SalvorHardin
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SalvorHardin » Sat May 23, 2020 9:28 pm

Ok thanks for the feedback. Make a lot of sense but I find the palette to be overpriced. I own a 7u performance case, and I am very disappointed at the build quality for the price...

Also the pos remain more portable than the palette

ari ellis
Common Wiggler

Post by ari ellis » Sun May 24, 2020 6:39 am

SalvorHardin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:28 pm
Ok thanks for the feedback. Make a lot of sense but I find the palette to be overpriced. I own a 7u performance case, and I am very disappointed at the build quality for the price...

Also the pos remain more portable than the palette
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but can you elaborate a bit on what you don't like about the 7U build quality? I've mostly heard good things about those cases so I'd love to hear from someone who isn't so excited about them.

Kattefjaes
Common Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Sun May 24, 2020 6:42 am

The pod seems really shallow to me- even the Make Noise skiff is deeper- and is a really nice shape for sofa use. 104HP will offset the lack of a 1u row somewhat, too.

..and yes, I am doing something similar, with orphaned modules. Of course, it turned out that it didn't save anything, as suddenly I wanted a delay in there, then I realised that I needed another EG... and so it goes.

:75:

SalvorHardin
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SalvorHardin » Sun May 24, 2020 8:43 am

@Kattefjaes Yhea same story here... But yes this little shallow skiff is why I'm interested in it!

@Ari Ellis Well, it's just a bended aluminium sheet tbh :/ The power board is neat and looks very clean, but the rest is very simple, the plastic corners break VERY easily (Took the plane once, and it was carried by hand, fully protected in 2 layer of foam)
And closing the case is kinda easy to slip and rape some modules faceplates, the lid does not really stay in place/fit until the 2 locks are enabled.

Ok my english is very poor I'm sorry for this painful description  🇫🇷

Return to “Eurorack Modules”