The Elektron Model:Cycles Thread

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

AdamJay
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: The Elektron Model:Cycles Thread

Post by AdamJay » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:38 am

So, using the patches I made for these tracks, plus around 90 other patches, I’ve made a 100 sound patch pack, available at www.replicantsounds.com

You can hear all 100 sound here too:

orangehexagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by orangehexagon » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Does anyone have the Cycles and not feeling it? I'm suuuuper keen on getting my hands on one. I have things to trade including money ;-)

SphericalSound
Common Wiggler

Post by SphericalSound » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:33 pm

90% sold. Just a few questions:

Do it has midi out?

Accepts midi in?

Can you use the sequencer to sequence other midi machines?

bougie
Common Wiggler

Post by bougie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:05 pm

SphericalSound wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Do it has midi out?

Accepts midi in?

Yes you can sequence external midi gear but there is one issue i wish i'd knew about before purchasing. There is no way to directly play external midi gear from a midi controller connected to midi in.

It will however send the notes played with its 16 buttons in real time.

SphericalSound
Common Wiggler

Post by SphericalSound » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:19 am

bougie wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:05 pm
SphericalSound wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Do it has midi out?

Accepts midi in?

Yes you can sequence external midi gear but there is one issue i wish i'd knew about before purchasing. There is no way to directly play external midi gear from a midi controller connected to midi in.

It will however send the notes played with its 16 buttons in real time.
Nice to know. Still sold. Thanks!!

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Sat May 02, 2020 6:48 pm

So it won't engage the transport controls?
THUMPR BC SC

jdaddyaz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jdaddyaz » Sun May 03, 2020 12:12 am

This thing is great. I love the sounds of the drum hits, percussions, hats, and chords. Still trying to make something other then zap guns with the tone machine but other than that am really enjoying it.
Be good to yourself, and be good to others.

orangehexagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by orangehexagon » Thu May 21, 2020 4:09 pm

I just received mine, and I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. Does anyone else find the output volume to be pretty low? Maybe I've just lost a lot of my hearing...

I had really high expectations for this -- and I might just need to give it some time -- but I'm considering putting it up on the BST

inoshi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by inoshi » Thu May 21, 2020 6:18 pm

orangehexagon wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:09 pm
I just received mine, and I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. Does anyone else find the output volume to be pretty low? Maybe I've just lost a lot of my hearing...

I had really high expectations for this -- and I might just need to give it some time -- but I'm considering putting it up on the BST
Dibs

SnipeCatcher
Common Wiggler

Post by SnipeCatcher » Fri May 22, 2020 3:35 am

orangehexagon wrote:

I was seriously underwhelmed the first few hours of receiving mine. But I kept thinking of all those great demos I’d heard. Now I think it’s just shockingly good on a lot of levels.

If you’re referring to the headphone output ...this is my 4th Elektron machine and the headphone output kinda sucks on all of em

bedhed3000
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bedhed3000 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:05 pm

orangehexagon wrote:

Not being sarcastic at all, but did you try turning the volume up? I am typically cranking the master volume to like 95%, and adjusting the individual track volumes as needed. The "punch" parameter helps too if you need a particular track to cut through the mix (although it adds a bit of saturation to the sound). There's also the "Volume + Distortion" parameter to adjust. I'm also running it through some form of compression at the end of the chain - either the built-in compression from my interface, or a desktop compressor.

Question for thread: Is there a way to keep the master tempo constant when switching patterns while playing? I looked for this in the manual but couldn't find anything. Let's say I create a pattern at 120 BPM, and another at 125 BPM, and another at 127 BPM. If I start playing the first pattern (120), then switch to the second or third pattern, I'd like the tempo to stay the same as the pattern that I started playing. This is how the OG Electribe boxes worked (I believe the tempo was reset to whatever the pattern was saved at when you stop playing).

Kingnimrod
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kingnimrod » Sat May 23, 2020 8:42 am

orangehexagon wrote:

go to the audio config menu and set the HP max output higher. The default output of 60% is pretty low.

orangehexagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by orangehexagon » Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 pm

Kingnimrod wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:42 am
orangehexagon wrote:

go to the audio config menu and set the HP max output higher. The default output of 60% is pretty low.
Thanks... I should have maybe figured that out on my own. That definitely helps. I've been running it through my Analog Heat now as well and so far enjoying it much more now.

Return to “General Gear”