TM-series voltage levels

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

luchog
Crazy Pony

TM-series voltage levels

Post by luchog » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:41 pm

Getting ready to incorporate my TM-1 and TM-2 into my synth rig, and wanted to check on something to make sure I don't blow shit up.

What voltage levels are the TM boxes expecting for signal and CV? I checked the manual, but didn't see anything specific. Using them with Euro at 10vpp-ish, and Serge at 5vpp voltage standards (or as much of a standard as Euro has). Can the boxes handle these voltage levels, or will I need to dial it down some?

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Re: TM-series voltage levels

Post by metasonix » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:12 pm

luchog wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:41 pm
What voltage levels are the TM boxes expecting for signal and CV? I checked the manual, but didn't see anything specific. Using them with Euro at 10vpp-ish, and Serge at 5vpp voltage standards (or as much of a standard as Euro has). Can the boxes handle these voltage levels, or will I need to dial it down some?
YOU DO NOT "dial down" anything with TMs. They can handle any CV levels. Pound them with 50v if you like.

luchog
Crazy Pony

Re: TM-series voltage levels

Post by luchog » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:44 pm

metasonix wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:12 pm
luchog wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:41 pm
YOU DO NOT "dial down" anything with TMs. They can handle any CV levels. Pound them with 50v if you like.
Cool, so I just need some 3.5mm to 1/4" patch cords. Does that apply to audio in/out, or are they running at line level (2vpp)?

Return to “Metasonix”