MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

100uH Ferrite beads
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author 100uH Ferrite beads
Noodle Twister
I need to source some ferrite beads.

However the BOM simply states 100uH

Can anyone tell me would these be ok ?

Ferrite Bead Axial RFI Inductor Dia 3.6mm 7 Amp Murata -BL01RN1-A62

Datasheet BL01RN1-A62
100uH is quite large for a ferrite bead. usually they are more like 100nH, although the datasheets typically only list an impedance at a certain frequency (eg 100ohms @ 10MHz). 100uH is more of an inductor size. is this for the powersupply input filtering? what sort of package does it require (what does the pcb layout look like)?
Noodle Twister
I found some documents with a tiny bit more information

It says 'R0125W' under package. Then quantity 2. Then 100uH under designation.

They are quite large in the assembly guide pictures but do appear to be ferrite beads.

https://www.ericasynths.lv/shop/diy/diy-kits-1/diy-swamp/

Documents are at the link above. help
Noodle Twister
guest wrote:
100uH is quite large for a ferrite bead. usually they are more like 100nH, although the datasheets typically only list an impedance at a certain frequency (eg 100ohms @ 10MHz). 100uH is more of an inductor size. is this for the powersupply input filtering? what sort of package does it require (what does the pcb layout look like)?

It looks like it may be involved in power supply filtering in this snippet of the schematic. Designators L1 and L2 for the pcb values are also marked 100uH

ok, that ferrite bead you linked will work. its about the same size as the one in the picture, and is about as large as you can reasonably expect from a ferrite (~1uH). i have no idea why the schematic and BOM say 100uH, but it wont really matter in this application.
Noodle Twister
Thanks very much for clearing that up guest. Much appreciated. It's peanut butter jelly time!
ixtern
Maybe they (Erica Synths) were thinking of axial inductors like this one:
https://www.tme.eu/pl/en/details/dla100-mn/axial-inductors/ferrocore/#
They are small but have 11 Ohm resistance and small max current what is unacceptable for me. There are ones with lower resistance, but have bigger sizes.

I am always using in Erica Synths modules (have a few) standard ferrite beads instead.
Noodle Twister
Hi ixtern, the erica modules you have , have standard ferrite beads in ?
ixtern
Noodle Twister wrote:
Hi ixtern, the erica modules you have , have standard ferrite beads in ?

I am always buying PCB+Panels sets only. And yes, I have populated them with standard ferrite beads.
Noodle Twister
Ah ok, thanks for sharing ixtern. Good to know.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1