MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Printed Logo Panel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Printed Logo Panel
davebr
I had 3U of extra space in my expansion cabinet and I decided to make a 3U logo panel with the FrontPanelExpress digital printing. I've made a few panels with the printed process and it works pretty well. The whites are more of a light gray than a white. It came out well and fills up the space nicely.

Dave

cackland
Do you have a picture of the FPE panel?
Revok
That looks awesome, Dave. At first I thought I was looking at a graphic rather than the actual panel. I'm colorblind but the colors look great to my eyes hihi . Is the black printed too?
cackland
Revok wrote:
That looks awesome, Dave. At first I thought I was looking at a graphic rather than the actual panel. I'm colorblind but the colors look great to my eyes hihi . Is the black printed too?

Hmm now you've got me confused. I thought that was a graphic of the panel
batchas
Thanks Dave for sharing.

Revok wrote:
At first I thought I was looking at a graphic rather than the actual panel.

Indeed looking at the fixation holes it seemed that the PDF layout and not the alu panel eek!
Dave, is it a scan then of the alu panel?
davebr
That is a photo of the actual panel. The black is the anodized aluminum. On a higher resolution image you can see faint white registration issues on some of the plugs. In order to have the colors stand out they are under printed in white. The holes are white because I shot this in my whitebox. The white us a bit brighter in this image than the actual panel. Even at this resolution you can see some texture in the colors.
cackland
Maybe a different angle might convince us wink
fingerfarbensound
So what did you pay for it?
davebr
It is difficult to match the brightness of an object in normal room lighting with a photo on an emissive display. I desaturated the colors a bit and decreased the brightness so on my monitor this looks nearly the same side by side. Of course it will depend on the brightness and contrast of your display.

This is a full resolution image of the colors. You can see the texture in the printing and the registration issue on the blue where it didn't fully cover the white. This is not visible in just looking at the panel.

Printing vs engraving is very affordable. This is the pricing summary.

I did white printing on black anodized for my SN Voice module. There is a photograph there as well.

I also did black printing on plain aluminum for my custom PAiA modules. There is a photograph there as well.

Dave
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1