MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

midiphy Expander Modules: CV for your SEQ v4(+)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author midiphy Expander Modules: CV for your SEQ v4(+)
latigid on

http://www.midiphy.com/en/news/d/18/eurorack-midi-cv-interface-gate-tr igger-clock-mbseq-v4-

All the parts are available to order. The basic setup is one A1 and one D1 module for 8x CV/gate, but extra D2/3 modules chain to give sets of 8 clocks and triggers. The Euroceiver puts the line driver in the rack and is the single connection from the SEQ.

Simple ordering as usual: a kit or set of parts plus one BOM from Mouser.
Altitude909
nice. I'm all over this
latigid on
Thanks for the order smile

Here are some shots of the mounted modules:

revtor
Red is positive v, green is negative v?
latigid on
revtor wrote:
Red is positive v, green is negative v?

Depends on what way around the LEDs go in smile
weasel79
looking great, congrats! that giant db25 serial conenctor is bringing up semi-traumatic childhood memories hahah
Schlumpfhut
Any chance of getting this lovely thing into the world of 5U? Otherwise i would have to adapt it with a power adapter and MANY flying wires.... hmmm.....
latigid on
Schlumpfhut wrote:
Any chance of getting this lovely thing into the world of 5U? Otherwise i would have to adapt it with a power adapter and MANY flying wires.... hmmm.....

As the boards are very "modular" it wouldn't take too much effort to make an adaptor PCB for other formats. I would need to see a bit more interest though.

It wouldn't actually be too hard to adapt the current concept: just panel-mount a set of 6.35mm jacks and wire from the 8-pin header. You would be missing the LED indicators, but it's a simple zwischenlösung.

Can you suggest some commonly used sockets and the preferred mounting style? I would guess the PCBs are typically perpendicular to the panel for better strength. Are mounting brackets required?
Schlumpfhut
latigid on wrote:

Can you suggest some commonly used sockets and the preferred mounting style? I would guess the PCBs are typically perpendicular to the panel for better strength. Are mounting brackets required?

I would use Switchcraft 112A sockets - preferably with solder lugs - and a mounting bracket. The 8pin header make wireing comfortable. I also would make a wider panel which can break out all possible functions. CV, Gate, Trigger and Clock
latigid on
I edited the first post to link an extensive tutorial prepared by Peter. Enjoy all of its 4k glory!

A big announcement today is that the latest SEQ version V4.096 supports a maximum of 32 CV channels. Previously the maximum was 8. It's possible to have a) one monophonic CV per track, or b) CV + velocity. Consider using this mode for more expressive CV, such as a stepped VCA offset. The associated gate in this mode is not wasted and sends an "accent" trigger if the velocity value is greater than 100.
Altitude909
revtor
Make the Jack pcb schematic public!! (The Midibox way, isn’t it?)
jimfowler
Gonna guess this is eurorack standard for cv and gate...could it be modified for, say, buchla format?
latigid on
jimfowler wrote:
Gonna guess this is eurorack standard for cv and gate...could it be modified for, say, buchla format?

You could easily get a different CV scaling, gate would be trickier. Using this post as a reference, maybe mixing a pulse (velocity > 100) plus a gate would give the needed spike?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1