MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

More new stuff from Alfa RZPP
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author More new stuff from Alfa RZPP
nvining
Seen today while looking to see if their CA3280 clone is out yet:

http://www.alfarzpp.lv/eng/sc/application.php

No data sheets up yet, but looks like they're cloning the CEM3372 and CEM3394. I'm into this.
dksynth
the gang's back together
kassu
The CA3280 clone is also out, listed under operational amplifiers:
http://www.alfarzpp.lv/eng/sc/operacionniki.php
Jaytee
The 3394 is a pretty rad little chip. Hope to see some DIY polysynths cone out of this.
nvining
AS3394E samples are now out. Some interesting and odd new parts have data sheets too:

* AS2164 (seems like their version of the V2164)
* AS3364 (a *linear* version of the V2164!)
* AS3363 (a three channel VCA which is being sold with/as a "voltage polarizer")

What a fascinating collection of odd parts. A great time to be alive.
notmiserlouagain
AS3364 looks like a gamechanger to me, especially if it is a quad package...
applause
ishi
Other than via Erica, where can these components be bought?
cygmu
ishi wrote:
Other than via Erica, where can these components be bought?

Electric Druid stocks some of them, e.g.
https://electricdruid.net/product-category/vcfs-vcas/
BugBrand
Yes, the AS3363 looks quite interesting!
MapacheRaper
Analog synthland just get better and better applause
neil.johnson
nvining wrote:

The AS3364 looks like a clone of the old SSM2024, although the currently quoted specs for the AS3364 are not that great.

nvining wrote:
Agreed thumbs up

Neil
infinitemachinery
I asked Alfa about the AS3363 and AS3364 and they are waiting for samples for evaluation. They estimated 4 to 8 weeks.
kassu
neil.johnson wrote:
nvining wrote:

The AS3364 looks like a clone of the old SSM2024, although the currently quoted specs for the AS3364 are not that great.

nvining wrote:
Agreed thumbs up

Neil

I just had a look at the datasheets a bit, and the AS3364 is clearly a quad version of the CEM/AS3360 with the log converters permanently connected. Like the 3360 it has much higher distortion than the SSM parts, but still plenty good for synth VCAs!

Similarly the AS3363 seems to borrow from the Curtis designs.

Very cool indeed that they are starting to make their own variants and configurations!
Dave Kendall
Looks like yet another one is planned. smile

AS3350
infinitemachinery
Dave Kendall wrote:

AS3350

Looks nice. Although that one may be a ways out.
latigid on
infinitemachinery wrote:
Dave Kendall wrote:

AS3350

This one I asked for. It's the filter for the Rhodes Chroma dual voice boards, so with the 3360 and LM3086 you can pretty much make replacements.
filterstein
And the cem 3350 is the last thing needed to clone the Synton Syrinx and the Crumar Spirit w00t

The syrinx is basically 2x 3340, 2x 3350, 2x 3310, 1x 3360 and a CA3080.

One 3350 is configured as the 2 Syrinx peak filters and one as a LPF.
Having owned the Syrinx i liked the peak filters better than the lowpass filter. For me the 3320 prophet style vcf sounds better.
Another option would be to build it more like in the datasheet and have the vcf hpf and bpf output available as outputs to combine with the peak filters.

The digisound 80-16 dual resonant filter is similar to the peak filters, most of the other digisound modules have already been cloned by a member here.

2 kassutronic vco's, a pharmasonic digisound dual adsr, digisound vca, digisound 3320 vcf and a future 80-16 clone would not make it an exact replica, but would give similar sonic possibilities.
And in my opinion together they'd be a better filter than the original.
nvining
Nice. I was hoping they'd do the 3350; I have a million Chroma voice boards around the house so I'm super excited. I should spin up a DIY board project; the Chroma voice board is very simple and extremely well-documented.
cabintech
infinitemachinery wrote:

Not so far out now... we have pre-production AS3350 sample chips and we are testing a new CEfx board design now.

devinw1
Guess I'll have to start working on that Six-Trak clone now that the AS3394 is out haha. seriously, i just don't get it
tobb
devinw1 wrote:
Guess I'll have to start working on that Six-Trak clone now that the AS3394 is out haha. seriously, i just don't get it

Yes but make it 3 vco's and desktop smile
devinw1
tobb wrote:
devinw1 wrote:

Yes but make it 3 vco's and desktop smile

Wouldn't that be a 3-trak then? lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1