MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

8hp eurorack mixer for D-2000?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author 8hp eurorack mixer for D-2000?
Sallad
Hi,

I am using the D-2000 with my eurorack and I was thinking about installing a euro mixer where there is a space for a trigger sequencer (triggerman or such) on the D-2000.

Is anyone aware of a nice mixer that would fit in 8hp and run only on +12v (since the d-2000 doesnt output -12v?)

The best would of course be if there is one with 5 channels (and the super best would be if they are pannable and there is a stereo out....)

Just putting it out there wink
electricanada
If it's not on Modulargrid...let us know if you find one, please. The D2000 is great, but I don't like the out of tune ringing that the onboard mixer imparts.
Sallad
electricanada wrote:
If it's not on Modulargrid...let us know if you find one, please. The D2000 is great, but I don't like the out of tune ringing that the onboard mixer imparts.

I will wink

(I have been looking at modular grid but I donĀ“t think you can search for the voltage requirements so it takes some time. And even then the stated voltages are not always correct there...)

I like to use the "onboard mixer" that runs through the additional tube for some things but when going for the softer side of the machine I much prefer the individual outs. For now I run them to my external non-euro mixer via nw2s::io and that works pretty good too but it would be nice to spare a few channels there and make use of the space in the D-2000!
metasonix
Sallad wrote:
Is anyone aware of a nice mixer that would fit in 8hp and run only on +12v (since the d-2000 doesnt output -12v?)

The D-2000 produces +12 and -4.5 volts. Usually there is no need for the two rails to be the same-opamps are very tolerant of different rails, so long as you watch your levels and don't overdrive them. Any Euro mixer should work well enough in the D-2000 slot, I've tried a Doepfer mixer there and it worked fine.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1