MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new track, XY coincident pair recording
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author new track, XY coincident pair recording
blungo2
not an amazing patch i know. i'm trying to experiment with various stereo recording techniques. this is XY, the next one will be a spaced omni pair (maybe a jecklin disk if i get it together).

i think so far, that i prefer Mid-Side, but i haven't (and don't have the gear yet) tried ORTF or the other one that's similar to ORTF.
http://soundcloud.com/blungo2/xy-synth-robots-plucking
Johnisfaster
You could also try mixing a direct recording with a recording from the back of the room. I've even tried mixing direct with recordings I made under my desk or behind the monitors. Sometimes the idea is to get a "quality recording" and sometimes the recording itself can be part of the sound you're after and wielded creatively.

I really dig the sound you got on this recording by the way. At least I can say it captures my imagination, which is the point I'd imagine.
blungo2
thanks! and good idea, the mic was about 4 feet from the amps, your idea sounds good, i'm assuming i'll need to add a smidge of delay to the close microphones. i don't really want to go direct (unless i reamp) as some of my amps sound cool.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1