MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

stereo mixer module comparison
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author stereo mixer module comparison
mdoudoroff
As I’m somewhat preoccupied with this topic and new such modules are coming fast and furious, I have begun a comparison chart that I will endeavor to keep up-to-date.

http://doudoroff.com/mixers/

If I can make this more useful, let me know. Corrections and augmentations cheerfully entertained.

UPDATES:
2017-07-04 Stubbed out the Befaco HEXA
2017-06-29 XAOC Praga updates
2017-06-01 ADDAC Stereo Summing Mixer
2017-05-02 GRP Stereo Out Module
2017-04-13 Doepfer A-138s
2017-03-06 Qu-bit Mixology update
2017-02-21 L-1 2 Channel Mixer & Unity Stereo Mixer
2017-02-01 Rebel Technologies Mix 01
2017-01-31 Cwejman MX-4AS
2017-01-30 Doepfer A-135
2017-01-19 Qu-bit Mixology update
2017-01-17 Pittsburgh Lifeforms System Interface
2016-09-19 Ladik M-175 (and related)
2016-09-15 WMD & Erica updates
2016-08-21 Toppobrillo & Frap Tools update
2016-07-06 Topporillo update
2016-07-05 Endorphin.es Cockpit
2016-06-29 Blue Lantern Stereo Sir Mix Alot + new related modules
2016-06-01 Additonal PanMix details
2016-05-19 Added Happy Nerding PanMix & Hinton references
2016-05-18 Added Arrel ER-100
2016-03-24 Added initial info on Doepfer A-138p/o
2016-03-23 Added initial info on Frap CGM
2016-03-15 Added headphone column; updated data on Koma mixer
2016-02-01 Updated WMD photo
2016-01-27 Updated Toppobrillo info, new photos
2016-01-26 More additions and corrections
2016-01-25 Added more placeholder photos, missing modules, errata
2016-01-24 Errata and many additions from Muffwiggler members
2016-01-23 Rough draft
Bogus
I used to use an Azimuth as a master bus. I've now got a couple Azimuth IIs and a sputnik mixer but even by itself that module is really useful.
mha
Don't have a Dubmix, but to my understanding it only has 1 AUX send on the main module, and the expander will give you just 2 more.
exper
Also the Dubmix has a stereo aux inout via the mini expander.
mdoudoroff
mha wrote:
Don't have a Dubmix, but to my understanding it only has 1 AUX send on the main module, and the expander will give you just 2 more.

Ah, so all those AUX jacks and knobs aren’t sends but an independent mix (with cv) for the single AUX send? (There doesn’t seem to be a manual available for this module on the Intellijel site; I wonder why?)
kingspill
Circuit Abbey Unify + Expander(s)
ludu357
What about the MakeNoise RxMx?
It can mix, it can pan, it can..radiate!
gliftor
At the low end where I'm looking, there's the synthrotek/MST stereo output mixer...
Auxar
The 6 channel Sputnik seems discontinued.
But a new Sputnik quadrophonic (modular modular mixer hihi ) seems to be underway.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/sputnik-modular-quadrophonic-mixer

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/sputnik-modular-qm-channel
MATSmile
ludu357 wrote:
What about the MakeNoise RxMx?
It can mix, it can pan, it can..radiate!

It's not well suited for end chain mixing seriously, i just don't get it
Futuresound
If I'm correctly interpreting the pictures I've seen, the new Toppobrillo mixer actually only has one send, but each of the 4 channels has independent send amount.
Farfield
This is a great overview, I've been comparing mixers myself lately, this helps a lot - thanks mdoudoroff!
Junk Rhythm
Futuresound wrote:
If I'm correctly interpreting the pictures I've seen, the new Toppobrillo mixer actually only has one send, but each of the 4 channels has independent send amount.

It has one Aux Send Out for each channel with control for amount as well as a CV input that controls it per channel. In addition to this, you also have a Cue Mix Out that is activated when a module channel is muted which gives another way of sending audio out of the mixer to effects if needed.

For the chart if it's being updated, it's 24HP.
cthonist
mdoudoroff wrote:
As I’m somewhat preoccupied with this topic and new such modules are coming fast and furious, I have begun a comparison chart that I will endeavor to keep up-to-date.

http://doudoroff.com/mixers/

If I can make this more useful, let me know. Corrections and augmentations cheerfully entertained.
You list the MIIIIX as having 0 Solo/Mutes but each channel has buttons for both. Thanks for compiling this!
Dogma
L1 Stereo Mixer is the best bang for buck if you diy - its essentially a VCA-4MX[/list]
mha
mdoudoroff wrote:
mha wrote:

Ah, so all those AUX jacks and knobs aren’t sends but an independent mix (with cv) for the single AUX send? (There doesn’t seem to be a manual available for this module on the Intellijel site; I wonder why?)

The AUX A1 pot determines the amount of mixer channel 1 going to the AUX A output.
The AUX A2 pot determines the amount of mixer channel 2 going to the AUX A output.
And so on...

The AUX input jacks are for CV control of the send amount of each channel.

The AUX expander gives you AUX B and AUX C.
mdoudoroff
Thank you all for your corrections and additions. I’ve updated the comparison accordingly and will continue to address any shortcomings.
Neekau
I think VCA Matrix and ADDAC802 would also be legitimate to appear in that comparison chart thumbs up
chrisso
Although a lot more basic, the Erica Black Output module has three channels of mixing, three inputs, cv panning and stereo output.
I'm using it to combine mono and stereo sounds into one stereo patch.
http://www.ericasynths.lv/en/shop/eurorack_modules/6076-black_output_m odule.html
eyeiaye
Do you not need an output with the VCA Matrix?
mha
mdoudoroff wrote:
Thank you all for your corrections and additions. I’ve updated the comparison accordingly and will continue to address any shortcomings.

Looks good, but a small comment about how you display the send count:

In regular 'mixer speak' the number of sends would be the AUX bus count, and not the number of channels being able to feed into the bus, if that makes sense. E.g. you write that the Dubmix has four sends, but it really only has one.
bc3
Blue Lantern stereo mixer?

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/blue-lantern-modules-bmx-6channel-stereo -mixer-diy
Dcramer
mha wrote:
mdoudoroff wrote:

Looks good, but a small comment about how you display the send count:

In regular 'mixer speak' the number of sends would be the AUX bus count, and not the number of channels being able to feed into the bus, if that makes sense. E.g. you write that the Dubmix has four sends, but it really only has one.

Yes, correct. And the Dubmix Aux expander gives you more send busses from the same 4 channels (two more I think? For a total of 3). In mixer speak, it's a given that every channel has sends for the effects or monitor busses thumbs up
mdoudoroff
Dcramer & mha,

Given that I’m not fluent in “mixer speak”, can I impose on you to suggest precise wording changes that will nail it?

Thanks,
Martin
slumberjack
there is no such stereo mixer that fits my needs for my performance rack. 2x bastl ABC into (in stereo mode) into bubblesound 6x1/3x2 (i got one stereo source already) is my current goal to achieve a 7 input stereo mixer in 15hp. gonna ad ladik's headphone preamp and buff mults for patching a channel or an abc before leaving to the speakers.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 1 of 10