MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eurorack Serge TKB
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Eurorack Serge TKB
search64
So apparently, there's a euro version of the Serge TKB coming out soon from a company called ARC according to Serge Tcherepnin himself:

Serge wrote:
[...] there's a TKB in euro format coming soon thanks to ARC (Analogue Research Co), now in euro format with PC board mounted pots (a great improvement !) -

From this thread: https://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152155

I couldn't find anything else about it, but It's peanut butter jelly time!
search64
Would've thought more people would have been excited by this, or is it old news?
Dogma
No im exited allright - i cant seem to find any info so would you be able to post some?
insula
Ramdom source licence Serge schematic and adapt to euro format:

http://randomsource.net/serge_euro

I thinking to buy some pcbs, but a TKB is a no brainer... i want it It's peanut butter jelly time!
rpc
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm interested to see what price point this comes in at.

I'm currently swaying towards the new 4U Serge by Random*Source and the TKB by The Human Comparator. This new TKB and the R*S Euro Serge is intriguing in that it will integrate well with other euro easily, but I think I prefer the original Serge 4U format.
mritenburg
I'm curious where this leaves the planned TipTop euro serge modules?
intuitionnyc
VERY COOL!!! Mr. Green

I remember seeing some Tip Top / Serge modules at NAMM or something.

I have limited experience with Serge, but I hear it is absolutely incredible.
deltaphoenix
Serge is awesome! I am sure it will be fun in Euro with a bunch of stackables.

I do have some banana gear and have enjoyed Serge a lot in that format but this is all good news for the Euro world.
exper
Very, very excited.
Dogma
insula wrote:

I thinking to buy some pcbs, but a TKB is a no brainer... i want it It's peanut butter jelly time!

But where are specifically getting the TKB info from R*S? i cant fnd mention anywhere?
x2mirko
Dogma wrote:
insula wrote:

But where are specifically getting the TKB info from R*S? i cant fnd mention anywhere?

Either insula threw that in here because it's semi-related to a thread about serge in eurorack or he was just overly excited and hasn't read the OP very carefully. The quote in the OP specifically mentions a company with a different name (ARC).
lud
Would love to hear more about this
Vsyevolod
There have been no official announcements yet. Just an an offhand remark by Serge himself. I guess that means we'll all have to be patient for a bit.

Stephen

donttouchmyrice
Elby Designs are on it.
http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/en-us/d58_ES_-_Euro_Serge_03.html
exper
donttouchmyrice wrote:
Elby Designs are on it.

Yikes, I hope thats not how the ARC one is rendered. It could be done in 1 3u panel if you use mini pots and maybe even drop one of the 4 rows. But the elby version seems cumbersome, having to pair it with the programmer and expander, both of which end up being wider than the touch panel.
Summa
donttouchmyrice wrote:
Elby Designs are on it.

not really a TKB, right? Anyways, I could manage with what I got for now (PP's and FSR's) but a TKB has always been of interest to me and since I'm a local of The Human Comparator I think I'll go that route some time soon or the sputnik keyboard whenever the bugs are straightened out. But more competition is always welcome in my book.
ARC
Hi, this is ARC. Since Serge already posted about it, I suppose I can confirm that we are producing a Touch Activated Keyboard Sequencer in Eurorack format. I have no idea about any other manufacturers, my contact has been solely with Serge Tcherepnin.

Here is an image of the most recent prototype, wit the pcb mount pots he mentioned:

The panel will have color anodized graphics (well just red, blue, black) and the touch pad PCB resembles the original but has been compacted slightly to about 18mm width pad per step (original is about 21mm width). I will share images of those when the prototype is finalized. Keep in mind this is still in a prototype form, but as it stands the pulse outs are available on the top row of jacks above each corresponding step and the other in/out jacks have been slid to the right hand side and rotated from one horizontal row to two vertical (compared to the original). Panel width for prototype is 70hp.

We still have some work to do, so I hadn't announced it yet, but I am very thrilled that Serge is excited enough to share the info! I don't use forums very often, but will certainly update here when the module is ready to announce and ship. We will most likely be shipping a few other modules first that are totally good to go (an artificial neural network and a novel noise module based on USSR era Russian components) so when the TKB is ready it will hopefully not be the first time people are hearing about ARC. Thanks!
EarlJemmings
Looks great!
Looking forward to how it turns out.
Also very intrigued by the other modules- Artificial neural network you say? Yes please.
ryangaston
Whoa!! This is fantastic news. I've been hoping that a TKB or 217-style keyboard would crop up eventually...I wouldn't ever get rid of my Pressure Points because of the polyphonic pressure outs, but the Serge format TKB is just a pleasure to play. So glad to see all of the recent Eurorack Serge clones, but this one takes the cake, for sure! screaming goo yo
onthelees
Here's hoping it will be slightly cheaper than existing versions..eek!
synthysynth
onthelees wrote:
Here's hoping it will be slightly cheaper than existing versions..eek!

Probably will be. Im really happy with how cheap the random source modules have been if you can even slightly solder. They really are faithful clones but some modules/panels in serge will never be accurately cloned due to obsolete parts that only certain manufactures have access to. Still curious about a bannana system and a full panel/instrument but all of this euro serge news makes me really happy.
lud
Great news ARC, TKB sounds and looks very promising. Your other projects sound interesting too
search64
ARC wrote:
Hi, this is ARC. Since Serge already posted about it, I suppose I can confirm that we are producing a Touch Activated Keyboard Sequencer in Eurorack format. I have no idea about any other manufacturers, my contact has been solely with Serge Tcherepnin.

Here is an image of the most recent prototype, wit the pcb mount pots he mentioned:

The panel will have color anodized graphics (well just red, blue, black) and the touch pad PCB resembles the original but has been compacted slightly to about 18mm width pad per step (original is about 21mm width). I will share images of those when the prototype is finalized. Keep in mind this is still in a prototype form, but as it stands the pulse outs are available on the top row of jacks above each corresponding step and the other in/out jacks have been slid to the right hand side and rotated from one horizontal row to two vertical (compared to the original). Panel width for prototype is 70hp.

We still have some work to do, so I hadn't announced it yet, but I am very thrilled that Serge is excited enough to share the info! I don't use forums very often, but will certainly update here when the module is ready to announce and ship. We will most likely be shipping a few other modules first that are totally good to go (an artificial neural network and a novel noise module based on USSR era Russian components) so when the TKB is ready it will hopefully not be the first time people are hearing about ARC. Thanks!

Cool! Looking forward to more info and pricing.

I'm assuming this won't be DIY, right? I understand the plastic shaft pots, but would really love the option of using the Serge-style Davies knobs (to go with my Random Source lineup).
insula
woah woah woah

love love love
exper
ARC wrote:

Now that's what a euro TKB should look like. Very interested in price.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4