MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Analogue logic with Maths
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Analogue logic with Maths

Navs

A couple of patch ideas using Maths' OR output: Or What?

worker8

Not easy to understand. Sounds great anyway. What sound sources did you use ?

loudone

very nice sounding.
i must try.
how do you have it all patched? thumbs up

porfiry

I too would like to see the patching...is there a quantizer in there somewhere, to make all those scaled voltages conform to proper scales?

Navs

Cheers!

In the first example I had two analogue sequencers running. Seq1 was patched into Maths ch.2, seq2 into ch.3. I was using both chs.1&4 for envelopes anyway, but to try this without, just make sure you have some dummy jacks in their inputs to avoid getting any offset voltage from those channels. The output from the OR socket was fed to an A-156 quantizer and then on to the VCO.

In the second example I replaced one of the sequences with the Wogglebug, which was clocked by the same master clock.

The key to both examples is the output level of channels 2&3 because of the way the OR/ maximum selector works i.e. only the highest voltage is let through the gate.

jenamu6

Wow....the second part is just plain beauty.

Thanks for sharing....

blungo2

Great patch! Thanks for sharing that. I might never have rembered about/used the or output otherwise. d'oh!

Navs

worker8 wrote:
What sound sources did you use ?

The first example is an M15 VCO through an M13 LPG.
Exp envelopes from Maths open the LPG and twang the VCO.

Second example is an AFG lin FM'd by the M15 gated by a VCA-2P.

Delay is the EHX Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai Guinness ftw!

Transistor

Wow, particularly like the second half!

syncretism

Love that second half - it was like listening to ISAN, but it didn't give me hives.

de_raaf

really nice!!

would be a maths be ok to have as first module? and use external audio, i also have a soundlad mini synth with all the ins and out (switch model) and a 2 different simple diy lfo's (euro big jack) i can use in the beginning, and than of course add stuff on the road with bread and butter and more special ones.

johnnymad

agreed, very nice. i really like the second half of the first track.

ST UF FLI N EAR

First time i used the SUM and OR back to Channel 1's BOTH input.
I used an A142 as oscillator.

Recorded on my iphone through the tiny mic, so its quite low on volume.
Changing from SUM to OR and working CH 2&3 polarity.

http://soundcloud.com/stufflinear/maths

Didnt know Maths was capable of this! Rockin' Banana!

blungo2

^
That's great! What an amazingly versatile module. Nice patch!

Leisure Cove

ST UF FLI N EAR wrote:
First time i used the SUM and OR back to Channel 1's BOTH input.
I used an A142 as oscillator.

Recorded on my iphone through the tiny mic, so its quite low on volume.
Changing from SUM to OR and working CH 2&3 polarity.

http://soundcloud.com/stufflinear/maths

Didnt know Maths was capable of this! Rockin' Banana!

Just tried this-- love Great patch!

porfiry

love

I don't have a 142, so I modified this a little and let my noisering be the "oscillator." I'm also letting the noisering diddle itself, so everyone is in mutual manual bliss.

This is kinda long, so I won't cry if you don't listen to it all, but some of the rhythmic stuff toward the end really rules.

Maths vs. Noisering

Here's what it looks like:

berfmurret

ugh. i don't plug modules into themselves enough. i don't know what about it i can't get past...???..

ST UF FLI N EAR

porfiry wrote:
love

I don't have a 142, so I modified this a little and let my noisering be the "oscillator." I'm also letting the noisering diddle itself, so everyone is in mutual manual bliss.

That sounds great J.Stick! Thanks for the pic allso. I really like your vimeovids.
Would be great if everyone that shares sounds could allso post a pic of the patch.

@berfmurret Metasonix!

porfiry

ST UF FLI N EAR wrote:
Would be great if everyone that shares sounds could allso post a pic of the patch.

When it's total spaghetti though, pictures are useless. This patch is unusually small and focused for me...I need to start making more like that.

Videos are the best of all worlds, except they take forever to upload, and it would be nice if I could run direct audio into my iphone.

berfmurret: plug everything everywhere, yo! nanners

I'm pleased to say that I'm so lame I patched my way right through midnight. Nice. Happy new year, or some such shit like that.

Leisure Cove

The patch pictures definitely help! I've found running the SUM and OR outs into a mixer (and from there, to Channel 1's BOTH input) adds even more variety.

Sending Channel 4's output to a quantizer is also a fun move (I've got it controlling an Anti Osc. over here and it sounds great).

This is my favorite patch of the moment--thanks Navs, Stufflinear and Porify! thumbs up

D/A A/D

applause

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1