MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
CURRENTLY BROWSING IN GUEST MODE
PLEASE LOGIN TO ACCESS FULL FUNCTIONALITY

KV-100 filter demos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author KV-100 filter demos

zerosum

For this post I will just focus on the filter.
This thing does go way beyond filter functions(I'll get to that later), but the filter is a good place to start demoing.
Its very bubbley, very goopy, and responsive with a wide sweep range.
It is new unique design exclusive to the KV-100 and not available in the current or discontinued Metasonix modules.

EDIT 2.12.12: At the time I made this post years ago, The R54 was not out and I had no idea that it would exist.
The R54 and KV-100 filter circuit are the same circuit design.

Careful with that resonance Eugene!
The resonance is deadly. If your are not careful bad things will happen. I'm serious! Keep your hand close by the output volume knob when adjusting the resonance past 3 O'clock.

Things get nice and bubbley when I feed a square out of the dotcom Q106 into the audio in and modulate the filter cutoff with a ramp wave from the Blacet window comparator.

Sine to Square.
The input stage on the KV-100 has a lot of range,
Starting around 2 O'clock and increasing clockwise really starts to square things up. In the demo above you can really hear the sine wave from my dotcom Q106 start to square as I turn the input more and more clockwise(really obvious around 32 seconds in).
I imagine this is real fun with an FM patch feeding the input, I will have to make it a point to do that later.

Autofilterdrums with some VCO squeaks.
In this one I have the envelope follower output feeding the Filter CV.
Currently there are no Metasonix modules available with an envelope follower, in the past there was the TM-5, now you can get it inside the Assblaster! Great autofilter!
There is some twiddling with the VCO(I can't help it).

Would you like to hear a sequenced oscillator ran into the autofilter?
Here we have the Binary Zone quantized by the Miniwave sequencing an Q106 oskillator fed into the KV-100 with the envelope output patched into the filter CV. Flappy, funky,wah wah waheeee womp womp whapp!
I love this sound!

So you can get enough sounds with the envelope output to stay satisfied for days..... but its a lot of fun with external modulation too! applause
VCS modulates juicy Filter
Here is another one!

Another VCS modulated filter with a different sequence. Careful with that resonance.... hihi

Now its time to hear some guitar through it.
Try to ignore my sloppy playing if possible.
The TM-2 and TM-6 were capable of producing a vacuum tube wah wah effect, the KV-100 is KING of vacuum tube wah wah land!
With the all new filter design and envelope follower this thing sweeps and whomps like nothing else!
I don't have an expression pedal so I haven't had a chance to control the filter with my foot, but with the envelope out autowah mode, I almost feel like I don't need it.......well of course I should get one someday....

wah wah wah wah wmop womp womp listen....
short 41 seconds demo
Here is one with the Pulser engaged.

Thats all for now, stay tuned for more demos focusing on CV use of the oscillator as well as uses for the multiple outputs.
Night Night......... dizzy

click here to see more photos

thermionicjunky

I love that filter. It sounds like a tube Buchla 291.

Lyonel

Great review and demos zerosum ! Great box thumbs up

Suburban Bather

Damn you Brian, as soon as my wallet fills up, I'll have no choice to buy a KV-100 nanners

zerosum

Thanks for listening guys w00t

Quote:
Damn you Brian, as soon as my wallet fills up, I'll have no choice to buy a KV-100

hihi Agony!

jimi_dylan

Thanks for taking the time to do these filter clips. It helps me better grasp the potential in the KV-100.

zerosum

jimi_dylan wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to do these filter clips. It helps me better grasp the potential in the KV-100.

Thank YOU for taking the time to listen to these.
I am happy to hear you found them useful.

ANALOG_VCO

Is the discontinued metasonix TM-6 filter the same as the awesome filter demo's above?

thermionicjunky

ANALOG_VCO wrote:
Is the discontinued metasonix TM-6 filter the same as the awesome filter demo's above?

No, the TM-6 is similar to the filter in the S-1000. The R-54 is most similar to the filter in the KV-100.

zerosum

ANALOG_VCO wrote:

Thanks for listening! The TM-6 doesn't sound or behave like the filter in the KV-100.

If you are interested in a custom filter that is slightly similar to the TM-6, then contact me through a Private Message or E-mail.

FatRocky

now, this is it i need kv100 this time is for sure! Guinness ftw!

weinglas

Yes, the KV100 is a real bargain and the perfect entry in the Metasonix universe!

Lakbra

weinglas wrote:
Yes, the KV100 is a real bargain and the perfect entry in the Metasonix universe!

That's exactly how I got hooked love
Damn you KV-100 twisted Dead Banana twisted

baker

Wow sounds great I must get one of these!

FatRocky

Hi Zerosum ,

What other great feature is included in KV-100? I haven't seen that Noise GAte input stage in other Metasonix modules. I heard people saying they use KV100 as mastering tool, is that right?

Kent

[s]http://soundcloud.com/gen-xtargetmarket/200ekv100[/s]

For some fun, I’ve uploaded some screwing around with a couple of Buchla oscillators into the KV-100. A 261e oscillator is going into the input and a 259e is driving the Ring Mod input. The oscillators are offset from each other but are being fed by the CV output of the Kilpatrick Pattern Generator. The Pattern Generator is also controlling the KV-100’s CV input.

Lyonel

Nasty, dirty, filthy, grimy, scraggly, grubby… thumbs up

Kent

Moi ou l'enregistrement? lol

Lyonel

Mr. Green

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1