Joranalogue TRANSMIT 2 - Stereo Balanced XLR Line Outputs

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

jvt
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jvt » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Sonically, does anyone know how this compares to the WMD Pro Output?

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:10 pm

I was actually looking at both of these last night.. don’t have direct experience but I’m leaning towards Joranalogue personally

Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Can’t go wrong either way - based on specs.

I owned the WMD and found it to be superb - although I am about to order the Transmit 2 for my new system purely because I prefer XLR.

jvt
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jvt » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:44 am

Glitchmachines wrote:Can’t go wrong either way - based on specs.

I owned the WMD and found it to be superb - although I am about to order the Transmit 2 for my new system purely because I prefer XLR.
If you have the time I would be curious to hear your feedback on the sonics of the headphone and master outputs compared to the WMD. I'm very happy with the Pro Outputs but I'm always curious on how newer products compare and contrast.

Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:12 am

jvt wrote: If you have the time I would be curious to hear your feedback on the sonics of the headphone and master outputs compared to the WMD. I'm very happy with the Pro Outputs but I'm always curious on how newer products compare and contrast.
Sure thing - would be happy to! Please give me some time though because I am not ordering it until January (tax reasons - work purchase) and my case won’t be ready until end of Jan. I’ll write myself a note to report here when I have it all set up :sb:

jvt
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jvt » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:34 pm

Glitchmachines wrote:
jvt wrote: If you have the time I would be curious to hear your feedback on the sonics of the headphone and master outputs compared to the WMD. I'm very happy with the Pro Outputs but I'm always curious on how newer products compare and contrast.
Sure thing - would be happy to! Please give me some time though because I am not ordering it until January (tax reasons - work purchase) and my case won’t be ready until end of Jan. I’ll write myself a note to report here when I have it all set up :sb:
Whenever it's convenient. there's no pressing need . I just have no way to test out these modules in person to make comparisons. Thank you!

HenryBurlingame
Common Wiggler

Re:

Post by HenryBurlingame » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:56 pm

Ivo Ivanov wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:12 am
Any update on this? I would love to know :mrgreen: .

Tun
Common Wiggler

Re: Joranalogue TRANSMIT 2 - Stereo Balanced XLR Line Outputs

Post by Tun » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:54 am

Can’t comment on the WMD but the Transmit 2 is a perfectly good balanced output.

Using good quality passive DIs too here, can’t tell the difference (feeding a Shadow Hills Equinox summing mixer and listening on hi end monitors).

Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler

Re: Re:

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:45 am

HenryBurlingame wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:56 pm
Ivo Ivanov wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:12 am
Any update on this? I would love to know :mrgreen: .
Ah yes, totally forgot to come back here :hihi:

So I did wind up getting the Transmit 2 for my new system and it's totally pristine and noise-free. I suppose that there's nothing much I can offer in terms of a scientific comparison between this and the WMD. Having owned both, I would say either one is superb (re: build quality and audio quality) and in the end it basically comes down to whether you want XLR or 1/4" jacks because other than that I can't really recommend one over the other.

HenryBurlingame
Common Wiggler

Post by HenryBurlingame » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:08 am

Ivo Ivanov wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:45 am
Ah yes, totally forgot to come back here :hihi:

So I did wind up getting the Transmit 2 for my new system and it's totally pristine and noise-free. I suppose that there's nothing much I can offer in terms of a scientific comparison between this and the WMD. Having owned both, I would say either one is superb (re: build quality and audio quality) and in the end it basically comes down to whether you want XLR or 1/4" jacks because other than that I can't really recommend one over the other.
Thanks so much for the update! Did you find that not having a control for the levels of the output on the WMD Pro Output was ever an issue?

Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:52 am

HenryBurlingame wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:08 am

Thanks so much for the update! Did you find that not having a control for the levels of the output on the WMD Pro Output was ever an issue?
Sure thing! About the WMD: It was never an issue but then again, I had the Pro Output in a system around 2016 so I don't have a clear/fresh recollection of this particular aspect of the module. That being said, if it were an issue I would likely remember it - and all I remember about the WMD was that it was super clean and well build like all the other WMD stuff I own or have owned over the years.

euxine
Wiggling with Experience

Post by euxine » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:32 am

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what ICs are used in this? How does it compare to the similar Vermona or NW2S modules?

joranalogue
Common Wiggler

Post by joranalogue » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:59 am

Still wondering if you need studio-grade I/O for your system? Check out Quincas Moreira's new video on RX2 and TX2!

Joranalogue Audio Design
21st Century Analogue Synthesis—Made in Belgium

https://joranalogue.com/

deft_bonz
Common Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:14 am

Awesome, nice simple straight forward. ---deleted since I was too stupid to recognise the HP amp--- :doh:
Last edited by deft_bonz on Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 am

deft_bonz wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:14 am
Awesome, nice simple straight forward. And NO freaking HP included. Too many interfaces incorporate a HP-amp. Most have a mixer anyway that features that, which is enough.
Huh? Transmit 2 does incorporate headphones.

deft_bonz
Common Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:27 am

cackland wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 am
deft_bonz wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:14 am
Awesome, nice simple straight forward. And NO freaking HP included. Too many interfaces incorporate a HP-amp. Most have a mixer anyway that features that, which is enough.
Huh? Transmit 2 does incorporate headphones.
LOL, thought that was input level. :doh: :mrgreen:

joranalogue
Common Wiggler

Post by joranalogue » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:04 am

deft_bonz wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:27 am
You're not obliged to use the headphones output, and it can double as a secondary output with separate level control. Very useful to pre-listen in a live situation as well, so a must-have feature for many!
Joranalogue Audio Design
21st Century Analogue Synthesis—Made in Belgium

https://joranalogue.com/

deft_bonz
Common Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:23 am

joranalogue wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:04 am
deft_bonz wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:27 am
You're not obliged to use the headphones output, and it can double as a secondary output with separate level control. Very useful to pre-listen in a live situation as well, so a must-have feature for many!
I know. Since I already have an HP-amp (WMD PM) this is just another part of the module I'd pay for although I will never use it. I had that module on my wishlist, but when I decided to go for a Eurorack mixer, it became obsolete for me. Not saying it's bad in any way.

Black_Materia
Common Wiggler

Post by Black_Materia » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:33 pm

I'd just like to chip in that i love these modules! High quality, no noise, sturdy, good headroom.

I did some blind A/B tests with audio from my DAW vs going from an RME UFX II into the the Joranalogue Receive, to the Transmit, and back into the computer. I honestly couldn't tell the difference.

I like having multiple outputs for post processing and multitracking, so i've just bought a third one.

Blond 12
Common Wiggler

Post by Blond 12 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:49 am

Hello

The module looks nice the only downside i see is the headphone placement , i wish input and knob control was not on top but on the bottom to prevent any mistake or accidental Main out level move...

Do you know if there is a Black panel version for the TR2 module ?

Thanks

Return to “Eurorack Modules”