Looking for a builder? Post here!

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Hollow
1-Post Wiggler

Re: Looking for a builder? Post here!

Post by Hollow » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:17 am

Hi long-time muff lurker here. Right now the reason for my first post is that I need somebody good with making panels to help me customize a couple of items. I don't need you to actually make the panels, although that would be nice, but just designing them for me in something like front panel express would be great!

I'm also looking for a builder who is local to south florida or nyc preferably for various projects that I would rather discuss the details of in private so if you're local to either of those areas hit me up.

:tu:

Naenyn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Naenyn » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:32 pm

Anyone around that’d be willing to build a uJove for me? Please PM me! Thanks. :tu:
-n :ninja:

My FOR SALE thread
My racks on ModularGrid
Find me on MuffWiggler's Discord

DrenselQuad
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DrenselQuad » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:29 am

Looking for someone to help me reflash a DIY Plancks II. No building required, just a flash. Someone who knows JTAG with appropriate uploading hardware. Located in Los Angeles/So cal

huffnPuff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by huffnPuff » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:03 am

huffnPuff wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:53 am
Looking for a builder to build several 4hp LZX Castle modules. I can provide the panels and PCBs, but sourcing the parts and building the modules is beyond me.

The modules in question-

Castle 000 ADC
Castle 001 DAC
Castle 011 Shift Register
Castle 101 Quad Gate (as a quad XOR)

I am in Tel Aviv, if you're in Israel it's a big plus. Please PM if interested.

Cheers.
I'm following up to let you all know I had a great experience with welhamc. He kept me posted with regular updates, made sure I know exactly what I'm paying for (parts, labour, shipping) and delivered a flawless product within the timeframe we agreed on.

Not only that, I did not know that LZX video specs were 0-1v, which made those modules incompatible with the rest of my system. He pointed this out to me and was kind enough to modify them for Doepfer/ Eurorack standards on his own time.

I wouldn't hesitate to commission work from him again. In case you are looking for a builder, he comes with my highest recommendations.

Admins - if this is not the right place for providing feedback then please feel free to move this post were it belongs.

SynthularModulus
Common Wiggler

Post by SynthularModulus » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:17 pm

Any builders out there who can "burn" PIC chips for me? I need to get a couple different PICs programmed, and would rather not buy a programmer myself just for a couple of them. I could provide the chips and code, just need the chips programmed and mailed back to me. If you can help with this, please PM me, and provide a rough price ballpark per chip if you can please.

mmoody
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mmoody » Tue May 12, 2020 4:35 pm

Looking for a builder in the US who can finish/troubleshoot two syncussion SY-1M builds.

One unit has low pitched and distorted voices and another has low output issues. I can describe the issues more in depth if interested - I don't think it will be a complicated fix/finish for an experienced builder. Shoot me a DM if interested. Thanks :tu:

Naenyn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Naenyn » Thu May 14, 2020 12:50 am

It doesn't look like we have a dedicated builder feedback thread, so adding to this one.

welhamc did a great job building a Plum Audio uJove for me. He was very considerate and handled issues related to the current state of the world with relative ease. Excellent communication as well. This all resulted in a very nice looking uJove that functions perfectly.

I'd definitely recommend him!
-n :ninja:

My FOR SALE thread
My racks on ModularGrid
Find me on MuffWiggler's Discord

jheronymo
Common Wiggler

Post by jheronymo » Tue May 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Hey,

I have a DIY Mutable Elements (Synthcube panel/PCB) that is fully built but not working. Checked it over with a magnifying glass but not sure I’m up to troubleshooting.

Would anyone be able to troubleshoot and repair this build? Please message me :party:

Canada/US ideally

thesoundfarmer
Learning to Wiggle

Post by thesoundfarmer » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:04 am

Hi there,

I have a TTSH rev2 with a few issues that are way out of my technical depth.

One fader died the other day, but more importantly the sine wave generator on the second oscillator is very low level. I've resoldered all the points I can but that hasn't corrected the fault. Also my power supply could do with improving.

Is there anyone in the UK who may be able to take a look and maybe give me a quote for repairs? p.m me if possible.

I was out of my depth building it in the first place, it's a wonder any of it works!

Hope everyone is well.

Greg

oranginafiend
Common Wiggler

Post by oranginafiend » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:22 pm

not a synth, but i just picked up a cheap wurlitzer 203 and the amp needs servicing. probably replacing a few caps and resoldering some wires. if anyone is available in the southeast, hit me up.

The Mule
Ultra Wiggler

Post by The Mule » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:04 pm

I'm looking for someone who might be able to fabricate some black faceplates for me. Could anyone here make me some stylish black panels for the following:

Intellijel Metropolis
MN Maths (old version with lightning bolts)
MN MMG
MN Mysteron

PM me and we can discuss.

budgrubber
Learning to Wiggle

Post by budgrubber » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:37 am

Looking for someone to help finish my Cloney. I have the cabinet built and a lot of the panel wiring. I do not have the matrix. Trying to figure that one out. It's a big project.
PM me if you are interested.

The Mule
Ultra Wiggler

Post by The Mule » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:30 pm

Looking for someone to build a Bytes expander for Turing Machine v1. I have the PCB. Would be great to find someone in NYC, but I'm happy to ship it as well. I also have blue LEDs that I'd like to swap with the red ones in the Voltages module. PM me. :tu:

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Hi there, I'm looking to get an Antumbra PATH but nobody seems to be selling them on reverb/ebay so now I'm trying to find a builder. I'd prefer someone in the US but overseas is ok if the shipping/currency matters won't be too expensive. PM me if you're interested.

It seems kinda crazy to me that these aren't everywhere, they look to me to be the best switch in eurorack :despair:

spillane
Learning to Wiggle

Post by spillane » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:00 am

Looking for an experienced tech to build me a Black Corporation KIJIMI, located in San Francisco Bay Area. please PM

Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!
Common Wiggler

Post by Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:31 pm

I'm looking for someone who might be able to make a MIDI breakout for Expert Sleepers stuff, but using 3.5" jacks if possible. Shoot me a message!

Never Knows
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Never Knows » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi!
I'm looking for a builder in the US who could convert a guitar pedal into Eurorack.
Specifically, I have a Tech21 US Metal pedal.
http://www.tech21nyc.com/archive/usmetal-cs/
I'd like it to be powered from the Eurorack Bus, 1/8" jacks on the front panel with impedance corrected to Eurorack, a wet/dry mix knob added, and have it mounted to the rails.
Can anyone out there do this kind of conversion?
Or at least whatever is technically possible?
Cheers!

Selektro
Common Wiggler

Post by Selektro » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:46 am

Just built a RYK M-185 flawlessly and starting a Steve's MS-22 if anyone wants me to build either one for them, hit me up
Last edited by Selektro on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onusbone
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Onusbone » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:29 am

Hi! I'm looking for a builder for a VPME.DE Euclidean Circles eurorack kit. I bought the kit from synthcube, wildly overestimating my confidence in doing SMT.

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:32 pm

I'd really love to have a dual 10 turn attenuator/offset in my rack like this: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ninstrument-tenuation

Doesn't look like there's any way to actually buy that though. If anybody could put one together please DM me with a quote.
Astronomical Dusk - a web radio show of synthetic delights and collected oddities. Airs monthly at astronomical dusk.

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:09 pm

welhamc ended up building my Path for me. Really excellent communication, always checking in for my input for the couple of small bumps in the road. Would definitely recommend him. :tu:

proonjooce
Learning to Wiggle

Post by proonjooce » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:44 am

Having issues with a jakplugg Typhoon build:

"Just finished soldering the SMD for 2 jakpugg Typhoons (https://github.com/jakplugg/Typhoon) and when it came to flashing the firmware, one worked fine and the other wouldn't find the chip.

The U4 LM1117 was getting super hot and was reading 0V on the output (11V on the input) so I figured the problem must lay around there. I tried reflowing anything that looked suspicious along the V3.3 line by following the diptrace file and when I tried plugging it in just now I got magic smoke and saw the Ferrite Bead FB1 was glowing hot and smoking."

At this point I feel like I'm out of my depth and am happy to pay someone to take a look and see if they can get it going for me. I imagine it will be a lot easier for someone who knows what they're doing.

Ideally UK or EU based to save on shipping costs but will consider elsewhere as well.

Thanks!

thesoundfarmer
Learning to Wiggle

Post by thesoundfarmer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:49 pm

I would very much like to recommend Chris Welham (Welhamc) to anyone looking for a builder. He has repaired my terrible work on my TTSH with utmost professionalism keeping me updated every step of the way! Very happy with the results, he’s done excellent work on a challenging project.

Top bloke.

Super Hydro
Learning to Wiggle

Need a module assembled. http://seismic industries polarizer

Post by Super Hydro » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:21 pm

This was originally posted in the wrong place:

I tried searching the Internet and forums for help to find someone to assemble this module. http://seismic.industries/polarizer/

I could only but it as a DIY and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I live in Brooklyn, but am willing to send it somewhere to have it assembled.

Thank you for your time!

Alejandro

yips
Learning to Wiggle

Post by yips » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:56 pm

NLC Sloth Chaos DIY eurorack - 1st build help wanted

Hi. I am looking for eurorack DIY person that can walk me thru building my first DIY module. I am happy to pay for your services. I'm guess you can teach me via skype or something.

I got a bunch of NLC PCBs and Panels and amlooking to start building NLC modules (sloth chaos, vac pill, etc...).
So I did some research and have all the tools - soldering iron, solder wire, etc...

This is the build guide and BOM for the sloth chaos:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... chaos2.pdf

I know that I have to get all the materials from the BOM but when I look at the schematics and the PCB board, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK IT MEANS. I need someone to walk me thru what pieces go where and someone to say, "you need to solder this capacitor here, this resistor here, etc... "

Thanks and let me know if you are interested.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”