Kermit mk III - coming soon

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Kermit mk III - coming soon

Post by mt3 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:39 am

:fap: :fap:

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:59 am

Dang these seem to be sold out already. Wish I didn't wait. Guess its gonna be another while till in stock again.

EDIT: Strange. Seems to be showing as in stock again literally 5 minutes later.

jwm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jwm » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:07 am

lordymosh wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:59 am
EDIT: Strange. Seems to be showing as in stock again literally 5 minutes later.
this has happened to me before at certain places where when you put something in your cart it removes it from inventory until a) you check out or b) the cache is reset either by you or the site...so it could be that a) they are low on stock or b) lots of people have them i their carts all at once perhaps.

jwm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jwm » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:07 pm

according to a test3, with all lights on, a cv input loaded and a full screen, it clocks in at about +130/-50. i haven't really had a chance go deep with it, but idling, seems to hover around +120ish

Dark Barn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dark Barn » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:36 am

Just got mine in today and I’m learning my way around it. It seems like the LFO reset mode on channel B isn’t responding to triggers on channel B’s v/oct Input, can anyone verify for me?
I’ve been searchin’ for the dolphins in the sea

The Weak in Review - podcast in ((poetic_stere0)) Spotify YouTube

jwm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jwm » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:37 am

Dark Barn wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:36 am
Just got mine in today and I’m learning my way around it. It seems like the LFO reset mode on channel B isn’t responding to triggers on channel B’s v/oct Input, can anyone verify for me?
can confirm v/oct jack is not resetting on ch b. tried triggers and gates of various lengths...ch a works as intended.

can anyone replicate these things?

ch a or b, in regular oscillator mode, sine wave...starting at 0, does anyone else hear a noticeable stepping/zippering type thing on the first 1/4 of the amplitude knob? it seems to be there on cv too, which defeats the ability to get a smooth swell in with a knob turn or with an envelope with longer attack/rise times..

on ch a or b as oscillator, with morphing on, most banks have the same shape at the beginning and at the end of the knob turn, but if you switch it do no morphing, it doesn't repeat the first shape at the end of the turn, and further more, if you crank the waveform virtual attenuator up (even with no cv in at the jack,) it causes the last waveform to wrap around the the start and becomes the first wave on the knob turn...which seems like, maybe thats not supposed to happen :hmm:
Last edited by jwm on Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PiecesOfQuiet
Learning to Wiggle

Post by PiecesOfQuiet » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:32 pm

Power draw somewhere around 125-135, from Scott himself

Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pighood » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:42 pm

Excellent...puts me at 1,094 mA max for the A-100P9 case it's in. :yay:
*phnert*

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:49 am

From the video presentation I really like how the audio oscillator modes sound and that it also has unison mode. A lot of different options and great flavors! Also the rhythms evolving from internal modulation in sync mode are great.

There also were a few points though where I had a feeling that the firmware is not quite there yet. For example does the internal amplitude modulation does not work in code scan mode? Also the points about OSC B not reacting to to trigger input mentioned above made me wonder how these very basic functions can slip through a beta testing routine.

Could someone who already has one check if the external preset sequencing does work when unison mode is engaged? This is a known issue with other MKIII modules and lead to a bit of unreliability.

Looking forward to the Volkmire Inferno now, which he says would be the next module in development.

:goo:

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:45 am

Just saw the Modular 8 video. This module looks insane.

autopoiesis
Ultra Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:10 pm

here is the video that you're all talking about. took me a while to find it.

jwm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jwm » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Leverkusen wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:49 am
There also were a few points though where I had a feeling that the firmware is not quite there yet. For example does the internal amplitude modulation does not work in code scan mode?
can confirm internal modulation does work on amplitude in code scan mode :tu:

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:28 pm

thanks for moduar8 for hosting scott again, love the videos. wish code scan worked in lfo mode, but there's so many other things this monster can do. didn't realize that had been a buchla first w/ the 259e. and i'd agree, the rhythmic one shot envelopes are dope. can't wait to pick one of these up.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:23 pm

Presets for instant tempo changes!
Sequenced instant tempo changes!

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:27 pm

mt3 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:23 pm
Presets for instant tempo changes!
Sequenced instant tempo changes!
oh mah word i do believe i have a case of the vapors!

gringostar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gringostar » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:53 pm

autopoiesis wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:10 pm
here is the video that you're all talking about. took me a while to find it.

Since Scott mentioned that the next module is Volkmires Inferno, does that mean the Andore Jr isn't coming out now?

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:49 am

jwm wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:10 pm
Leverkusen wrote:
There also were a few points though where I had a feeling that the firmware is not quite there yet. For example does the internal amplitude modulation does not work in code scan mode?
can confirm internal modulation does work on amplitude in code scan mode :tu:
Great, Thank you for confirming this! Kermit seems to sound really great from the video. Also I like the LFO shapes and the mod matrix.

If there is a bit of spare time, it would be great to know if the preset sequencer works reliable when unison mode is engaged.

:love:

jwm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jwm » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:20 am

Leverkusen wrote:
If there is a bit of spare time, it would be great to know if the preset sequencer works reliable when unison mode is engaged.
i can check this out when i get home today, unless someone else beats me to it...though i'm not 100% sure if i follow what you are looking to know. the unison setting is stored per preset, so, do you want to know if presets can be changed and when it comes back to that preset, its still in unison? (i don't have any other mk3 oscillators, so i'm not familiar with this specific use case...)

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am

jwm wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:20 am
Leverkusen wrote:
i can check this out when i get home today, unless someone else beats me to it...though i'm not 100% sure if i follow what you are looking to know. the unison setting is stored per preset, so, do you want to know if presets can be changed and when it comes back to that preset, its still in unison? (i don't have any other mk3 oscillators, so i'm not familiar with this specific use case...)

Thank you - that would be super helpful!

On my MKIII oscillators, when unison is active in some of the presets and you feed a trigger into the preset input to switch through all of them in preset mode, occasionally some of the unison presets would not load. Even when doing so with a reasonable speed. It takes a bit of try and error when you switch through them by hand, but even then sometimes a preset would not fully load or take 10 - 20 seconds until it is full loaded.

PiecesOfQuiet
Learning to Wiggle

Post by PiecesOfQuiet » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:33 am

spent about 4 hours with my newly arrived Kermit this evening, it's easily my favourite module. Still getting the hang of the key combos, but apart from channel D (which i'll learn eventually) it's pretty straight forward and easy to make changes. this thing is amazing :goo:

jwm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jwm » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:23 am

yeah the ch d button combos are a little more difficult, but on the whole, i was surprised how quickly the whole menu became muscle memory. i still get hung up sometimes when i adjust a virtual attenuator, then forget and twist the associated knob and end up in left field (though sometimes thats fun)

also considering maybe swapping out the big freq knobs for smaller ones...when patched up, and using it as an osc, changing the ch a waveform bank on the fly is dicey if you are trying not to knock it out of tune. still though, what a killer module indeed.

also also, in case anyone here missed it, new firmware has been deployed..

v1.1

Zero Crossing Detection (and amplitude behavior) now works correctly in Osc mode on channels B-D.

LFO Reset input trigger now works correctly on channel B.

NoMorph and Depraved character settings no longer wrap wave selection around to 0 or 7.

Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pighood » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:41 am

jwm wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:23 am
yeah the ch d button combos are a little more difficult, but on the whole, i was surprised how quickly the whole menu became muscle memory. i still get hung up sometimes when i adjust a virtual attenuator, then forget and twist the associated knob and end up in left field (though sometimes thats fun)

also considering maybe swapping out the big freq knobs for smaller ones...when patched up, and using it as an osc, changing the ch a waveform bank on the fly is dicey if you are trying not to knock it out of tune. still though, what a killer module indeed.

also also, in case anyone here missed it, new firmware has been deployed..

v1.1

Zero Crossing Detection (and amplitude behavior) now works correctly in Osc mode on channels B-D.

LFO Reset input trigger now works correctly on channel B.

NoMorph and Depraved character settings no longer wrap wave selection around to 0 or 7.
Are there instructions on how to load the update? Can it be done via the micro SD card?
*phnert*

jwm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jwm » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Pighood wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:41 am
Are there instructions on how to load the update? Can it be done via the micro SD card?
nope, it's still done pickit3 style...instructions are in a readme file included with the fw

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:56 pm

jwm wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:01 pm
Pighood wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:41 am
nope, it's still done pickit3 style...instructions are in a readme file included with the fw
The thread:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 0&t=165472

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:20 pm

I just updated all my mk III modules... super easy.

Return to “The Harvestman”