Suitcase for S-1000 Wretch Machine ?

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Suitcase for S-1000 Wretch Machine ?

Post by papz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi

I'd like to install my Wretch Machine in a suitcase with removable lid and preferably not too ugly.
Has anyone ever done it and could recommend one ?

Thanks
Finest EMS gear service and Music Easel/208 goodies

I'm not a synths dealer and I'm not aware of an inexpensive Synthi secret market, please don't ask me if I know one for sale.
I don't offer support of any kind to people attempting to build clones of EMS equipment.

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:08 am

Most people have made custom cabinets in the past.

I've recommended the Pelican 1535 case before, it appears to be the perfect size once you take out all the luggage compartments. You'd also have to add some kind of mounting provisions.

Old threads:
viewtopic.php?t=78039
viewtopic.php?t=66724

papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by papz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:57 am

Thank you.

I find Pelican cases ugly and the lid doesn't seem removable (or maybe as an optional feature ?).

A tiltable flightcase for PA as shown in the older thread could do the job for sure but I'd prefer a suitcase/briefcase design that looks sexier, in the Synthi A or Music Easel spirit.

I'm not a synths dealer and I'm not aware of an inexpensive Synthi secret market, please don't ask me if I know one for sale.
I don't offer support of any kind to people attempting to build clones of EMS equipment.

hackrobat
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Suitcase for S-1000 Wretch Machine ?

Post by hackrobat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:45 am

Late to the party.. Did you end up picking a suitcase/case up?

My 2 cents:

I would not want to trust a suitcase to carry the S1000 around, especially if you are frequently transporting it in cars/planes/etc. I would at minimum want something that has a more rigid outer structure to protect the tubes from being damaged. Some guitar pedalboard cases fit the S1000 pretty nicely; I use them if I have to take it somewhere.

If you decide on a suitcase, I would be really gentle with handling it, and I would never want to put it in an airplane carry on storage space. Also, I would also consider replacing the plastic beer guard that sits over the tubes with something stronger that stands more of a chance of protecting the tubes from being smashed. I guess you could always consider making some sort of a lid that sits over the front of the wretch and then pack it into a suitcase.

My wretch spends most of its time at home in the studio except for rare occasions.

papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Suitcase for S-1000 Wretch Machine ?

Post by papz » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:59 am

Thanks for your reply. I hear you and I'm used to travel with my Synthi AKS and Easel and pay attention to the case solidity.
The S-1000 came without cover on the tubes, I had one done locally in perspex thanks to Eric who kindly shared the file.

I didn't find a case yet.
A Zero Halliburton metal case could be a solution, but this needs some adaptation and I'm not the best metal worker, I may ask captnapalm who makes very nice custom adaptations : https://waste.org/%7Eknobs/buchla_easel_cases.html but with the importation custom fees, this would be very expensive.

Return to “Metasonix”