Eurorack retailers in Canada?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Jamnuska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jamnuska » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:57 pm

Scott was super helpful on email about my noob case questions.

Lineofcontrol
Common Wiggler

Post by Lineofcontrol » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:33 pm

Much respect for Dustin @ MoogAudio Toronto for always being incredibly helpful and informative.

Great guys at the Toronto store in general.

:hail: :yay: :banana: :nana: :bananaguitar: :sb: :goo:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/364929

try and imagine a blind man dreaming...Bret Easton Ellis.

Sold:
Analogue Solutions Cv2midi
Cylonix CycleBox II
Doepfer VCDLFO
Intellijel Metropolis
Intellijel uStep v2
Kilpatrick K4815 pattern generator
Kilpatrick KMidi
Koma SVF 201
Lightstrip LS1
Mutable instruments Grids
Mutable instruments Shelves
Mutable instruments Warps
Make Noise Function
Malekko VCO2
Synthrotek Dirt
WMD/SSF Mini Slew

vedicspaceprogram
Common Wiggler

Post by vedicspaceprogram » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:59 pm

Interesting to know Tom Lee on Granville St has modular now in the store.

I've been ordering from Detroit Modular who does free shipping to Canada with USPS and Perfect Circuit who ships for free to the US (I have a mailbox in Point Roberts, WA).

A number of years ago I went to Noisebug, Big City Music and Analogue Haven (Shawn's townhouse). It's cool to be able tor try stuff in person.

Jamnuska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jamnuska » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:43 pm

vedicspaceprogram wrote:Interesting to know Tom Lee on Granville St has modular now in the store.

I've been ordering from Detroit Modular who does free shipping to Canada with USPS and Perfect Circuit who ships for free to the US (I have a mailbox in Point Roberts, WA).

A number of years ago I went to Noisebug, Big City Music and Analogue Haven (Shawn's townhouse). It's cool to be able tor try stuff in person.
No mention of that on Detroit Modular's website. Cool to know.

mildheadwound
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mildheadwound » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:10 am

Long and McQuade is carrying a few brands. Pittsburgh and moog... not sure if anything else. Always a few interesting pieces of kit at the bloor store.

Jamnuska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jamnuska » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:01 pm

Long and McQuade doesn't list online. I sent them an email and they did not seem to concerned about it. I think they are missing out on some business. Not all of us live in the GTA.
My closest store is 6 1/2 hours away and they don't carry modular.

Siborg
Common Wiggler

Post by Siborg » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:49 pm

I work at the Edmonton North L&M. I've been trying to get more modular in store. It's a tricky thing.... if there is enough demand then we can carry in store but Moog sort of dominates the field with boutique stuff. Still..... I'm going to fight to get some stuff set up once Roland releases their powered skiffs. ;)
~~~Noise I make~~~~

Distorted Techno -
https://virtualterrorist.bandcamp.com/

Dark Ambient/Witch House
https://apollyons-visage.bandcamp.com/

Modular Drone
https://ghasttech.bandcamp.com/releases

Jamnuska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jamnuska » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:49 am

Siborg wrote:I work at the Edmonton North L&M. I've been trying to get more modular in store. It's a tricky thing.... if there is enough demand then we can carry in store but Moog sort of dominates the field with boutique stuff. Still..... I'm going to fight to get some stuff set up once Roland releases their powered skiffs. ;)
Totally understand the supply and demand thing. Still would be nice if guys showed it on your webpage to at least order it.
Unless I am just too stupid to find it (might be the case).

Siborg
Common Wiggler

Post by Siborg » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:27 am

A bunch of it is in the local store specials section. There's usually a decent handful of modules and they are well priced too. We should just have a section on our page though. I totally agree.
~~~Noise I make~~~~

Distorted Techno -
https://virtualterrorist.bandcamp.com/

Dark Ambient/Witch House
https://apollyons-visage.bandcamp.com/

Modular Drone
https://ghasttech.bandcamp.com/releases

Jamnuska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jamnuska » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:36 am

Thanks. Never even knew that was a thing...
cheers!

Jamnuska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jamnuska » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Found these guys online. Axe and You Shall Receive.

https://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/

In Brantford ONT. Mostly guitar pedals but some WMD and WMD/SSF stuff.

Website could use some work (like a modular category).

Shwaj
Common Wiggler

Post by Shwaj » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:54 am

Looks like gearmedia.net is now something different. Any other options in Edmonton? Would like to drop in the next time I visit my folks.

shamann
_

Post by shamann » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:14 pm

gabrielp wrote:My name is Gabriel, I'm one of the manager @ Moog.

We are in the process of remaking the whole website, and making the current stock information available online is on our list, everything should be done this spring/summer.. we know its causing some issues, but we try to be pretty friendly and will gladly anwser any stock inquiries quickly.

Until then, if you have any questions/regards, or just want to chat a bit, dont be shy to drop me a line at gabriel.petrin@moogaudio.com or PM me through here ;)

Ill be happy to help you out!

cheers
Three years later...

I've actually grown to like not knowing if Moog has it in stock. The order waits make for a pleasant surprise when it finally does ship.

RE: Axe and You Shall Receive, it's easier to browse their stock via their Reverb.com store: https://reverb.com/ca/shop/aaysr

Also didn't see TechnoSynth mentioned in this thread, I've had a good experience ordering from them. http://technosynth.com/en/shop-electron ... struments/

Sandrine
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sandrine » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:50 am

Axe Music in Edmonton is a really cool store, but it's so packed in there I don't think they'd have room to carry modular. All the same I am surprised they don't. L&Ms here on Van Isle don't even know what it is haha!

Jamnuska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jamnuska » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:00 pm

I listed Technosynth in the other thread (Worldwide Euro dealers), forgot to put them here.

Their shipping costs are a bit silly, but they do have some good stuff.

grep
Veteran Wiggler

Post by grep » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:29 pm

I was in Tom Lee Vancouver today. Small selection of modular stuff. I played with the Metropolis/Atlantis for about an hour.

sleepmute
Common Wiggler

Post by sleepmute » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:05 am

Just wanted to chime in and add my name to the list of forumites from Edmonton. Seems like there's a surprising number of us. Last time I was Toronto I went to Moog Music and gawked at everything but didn't know what any of it was. I haven't bought from them in a while, but I take it their online stock system still isn't great? How do you find ordering from Intellijel? I'm leaning toward a lot of their modules anyway, so it makes sense to buy from the source.

As to the post above asking about modular in Edmonton, there's nothing that I'm aware of.

Jamnuska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jamnuska » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Nothing has changed at Moog via their online stock. Best bet is to email/call and ask if it is in stock.

Would be nice if Intellijel sold their goods in local currency....

Popski
The Cake is a Pie

Post by Popski » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Aja wrote:Just wanted to chime in and add my name to the list of forumites from Edmonton. Seems like there's a surprising number of us. Last time I was Toronto I went to Moog Music and gawked at everything but didn't know what any of it was. I haven't bought from them in a while, but I take it their online stock system still isn't great? How do you find ordering from Intellijel? I'm leaning toward a lot of their modules anyway, so it makes sense to buy from the source.

As to the post above asking about modular in Edmonton, there's nothing that I'm aware of.
Long & McQuade Main Store (107 ave) is now carrying Doepfer and other modules. More on the way. I helped a tiny bit with suggestions for the first order but there are cases and a decent selection of Doepfer modules stocked as of April 2017.

The ultimate danger zone because you can now put modules on your L&M account..

skyshaver
Wiggling with Experience

Post by skyshaver » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:27 pm

Jamnuska wrote:Nothing has changed at Moog via their online stock. Best bet is to email/call and ask if it is in stock.

Would be nice if Intellijel sold their goods in local currency....
I talked to them about this a couple of years ago. They said because they source most of their parts from the states and sell most of their product in the states it made more sense for them to use the USD. At the time Canadian wigglers represented a fraction of their customer base. I doubt they will change their policy anytime soon.

Jamnuska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jamnuska » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Until the Cdn dollar recovers (as if).

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dcramer » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Popski wrote:
Aja wrote:Just wanted to chime in and add my name to the list of forumites from Edmonton. Seems like there's a surprising number of us. Last time I was Toronto I went to Moog Music and gawked at everything but didn't know what any of it was. I haven't bought from them in a while, but I take it their online stock system still isn't great? How do you find ordering from Intellijel? I'm leaning toward a lot of their modules anyway, so it makes sense to buy from the source.

Long & McQuade Main Store (107 ave) is now carrying Doepfer and other modules. More on the way. I helped a tiny bit with suggestions for the first order but there are cases and a decent selection of Doepfer modules stocked as of April 2017.

Those store accounts are way out of line as far as interest charges go. Font do it :mad:

I buy my Doepfer from Martin at Technopolis, the Canadian wholesaler. :party:

Popski
The Cake is a Pie

Post by Popski » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:55 pm

Dcramer wrote:
Popski wrote:

Those store accounts are way out of line as far as interest charges go. Font do it :mad:

I buy my Doepfer from Martin at Technopolis, the Canadian wholesaler. :party:
I never carry a balance on those accounts.. learned my lesson long ago (the 90's). Still, I know a ton of people who can't resist the buy now / pay later approach.

I also bought from Martin years back. nice chap. always wondered about Technopolis.. do they have a physical store?

oinkbanana
Wiggling with Experience

Post by oinkbanana » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:33 pm

just go online.
Last edited by oinkbanana on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

whitewulfe
Chaos beckons, I heed the call

Post by whitewulfe » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 pm

Popski wrote:Long & McQuade Main Store (107 ave) is now carrying Doepfer and other modules. More on the way. I helped a tiny bit with suggestions for the first order but there are cases and a decent selection of Doepfer modules stocked as of April 2017.

You just had to mention that with my financing ending soon, didn't you... And I'm looking at getting back into modular synths, this time with eurorack (because as lovely as MU was, by the gods does it take up a lot of room!)

Good thing downtown isn't in my delivery area, but that reminds me, I should drop in and say hi to the guys at south again, been a while since I've said hi to Kirk, Jason, and of course... Dave. The all powerful, all knowing, awesome guy known as Dave. :P

Obvious question time then.... Is Long&McQuade able to get the black Doepfer stuff in?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”