New Doepfer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

User avatar
extinguish
Common Wiggler
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:51 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

New Doepfer

Post by extinguish » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:10 am

http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm

New modules.

And that vintage looks sexy as hell.

User avatar
HipDestroyer
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:19 am

Post by HipDestroyer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:16 am

Oh man, these look amazing! :yay:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

mrgrimm
Common Wiggler
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:08 am

Post by mrgrimm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:18 am

black doepfer looks great :cloud:

User avatar
PolarIceCaves
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:19 pm
Location: Cape Cod
Contact:

Post by PolarIceCaves » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:21 am

holy sh*t wtf?!?! lol 4eva

makes sense now,
The custom version is only a design study made with a self adhesive foil printed by a color laser printer. There are no plans to offer this version of the module. But we plan to offer suitable templates for download. That way the customer is able to design "his" personal module by printig his design on an self adhesive foil and stick the foil to the module (for this the module has to be dismantled). Knobs in different colors are also available (please refer to the price list, section A-100 accessories)
Last edited by PolarIceCaves on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Moogus
Common Wiggler
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:20 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Post by Moogus » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:23 am

The black vintage look, finally wow!!! :nana:
Meek out !

Twitter: @MeekPoitierCons
Instagram: @MeekPoitierCons

User avatar
Nofrenchtests
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Hunter Valley

Post by Nofrenchtests » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:28 am

vintage/acid edition.

User avatar
mmelnick
No melody, no harmony
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Springfield Gardens NYC

Post by mmelnick » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:35 am

The black vintage versions look so god damn good.
matthewmelnick.com
metrono.me
bloodofazombie.com
darksidenyc.com
myworld.ebay.com/brooklyn_collectables

User avatar
mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1819
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:17 pm
Location: Boston

Post by mritenburg » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:37 am

mrgrimm wrote:black doepfer looks great :cloud:
Smart move. They'll blend well visually with Moog and Roland modules in mixed racks.
Disappointment with any module is usually a failure of imagination.

It’s not Glitch, it’s not Granular, what in the f*** is that?!?!


User avatar
TheBradster
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:08 am
Location: Norway

Post by TheBradster » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:38 am

:eek: :hail:

mrgrimm
Common Wiggler
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:08 am

Post by mrgrimm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:41 am

mritenburg wrote:
mrgrimm wrote:black doepfer looks great :cloud:
Smart move. They'll blend well visually with Moog and Roland modules in mixed racks.
and Makenoise

User avatar
jwm
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:12 am
Location: florida
Contact:

Post by jwm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:46 am

whats going on with those colors though? its that supposed to be a mock up of a reflective/metallic texture or is that the legit design on the panel?

black looks pretty ace, i will say that.

User avatar
radiokoala
must. build. jacuzzi
Posts: 2250
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:17 am

Post by radiokoala » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:50 am

mmelnick wrote:The black vintage versions look so god damn good.
:goo: Yes!! :sb:
Last edited by radiokoala on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Witness 60 minutes of audio-visual industrial psy-techno
jam-offering (and press like so this wipes away minecraft
videos clean from the trends and we get to see
some proper rave action there, FINALLY):

Image

/ My electro-rap debut!! (video)
/ Analog & modular videos
:smoke:

mrgrimm
Common Wiggler
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:08 am

Post by mrgrimm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:50 am

jwm wrote:whats going on with those colors though? its that supposed to be a mock up of a reflective/metallic texture or is that the legit design on the panel?

black looks pretty ace, i will say that.
PolarIceCaves wrote:holy sh*t wtf?!?! lol 4eva

makes sense now,
The custom version is only a design study made with a self adhesive foil printed by a color laser printer. There are no plans to offer this version of the module. But we plan to offer suitable templates for download. That way the customer is able to design "his" personal module by printig his design on an self adhesive foil and stick the foil to the module (for this the module has to be dismantled). Knobs in different colors are also available (please refer to the price list, section A-100 accessories)

User avatar
PolarIceCaves
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:19 pm
Location: Cape Cod
Contact:

Post by PolarIceCaves » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:51 am

It would be cool to use the templates to spread one image across several modules. so cool that they are going to offer these. seems truly innovative, to be available on this level.

User avatar
timgraubaek
Common Wiggler
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:08 am
Location: Copenhagen

Post by timgraubaek » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:52 am

Looks like there will also be an LFO version of the trapezoid VCO. Now that would be interesting!

User avatar
jwm
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:12 am
Location: florida
Contact:

Post by jwm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:55 am

mrgrimm wrote:
jwm wrote:whats going on with those colors though? its that supposed to be a mock up of a reflective/metallic texture or is that the legit design on the panel?

black looks pretty ace, i will say that.
PolarIceCaves wrote:holy sh*t wtf?!?! lol 4eva

makes sense now,
The custom version is only a design study made with a self adhesive foil printed by a color laser printer. There are no plans to offer this version of the module. But we plan to offer suitable templates for download. That way the customer is able to design "his" personal module by printig his design on an self adhesive foil and stick the foil to the module (for this the module has to be dismantled). Knobs in different colors are also available (please refer to the price list, section A-100 accessories)
ahh ok, missed that entirely. interesting.

User avatar
x2mirko
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:09 pm
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post by x2mirko » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:57 am

They finally figured it out! :party:

I think there's so many people, especially newcomers that discard doepfer-modules because of their "lab-equipment from the 90s"-looks. I see a rise of doepfer module sales in the future.

The vintage-modules look awesome. I'm personally not a fan of the alternate panels of the new modules, but since they're alternate panels and there'll be a normal version, i don't care :goo:

User avatar
PolarIceCaves
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:19 pm
Location: Cape Cod
Contact:

Post by PolarIceCaves » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:59 am

the webpage is fairly antiquated huh

User avatar
vytis
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:30 am

Post by vytis » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:03 am

Very cool! As long as Doepfer continues to produce traditional grayscale panels for all his modules, I'm totally cool with that.
Read = I prefer the grey aesthetic. But black is OK with me.

User avatar
drip.feed
Roll it off at 30 Hz
Posts: 3179
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:05 am
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Post by drip.feed » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:13 am

PolarIceCaves wrote:the webpage is fairly antiquated huh
Yeah, Doepfer launched a new web site last year, but I can't seem to find it any more! :hmm:
Dripfeed

User avatar
drip.feed
Roll it off at 30 Hz
Posts: 3179
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:05 am
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Re: New Doepfer

Post by drip.feed » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:16 am

extinguish wrote:http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm

New modules.

And that vintage looks sexy as hell.
Good knob choice too! I retrofitted all my Doepfer with the same knobs as the Dark Energy. It looked great but the knobs ended up being a little too close together for comfort. These new knobs look perfect.
Dripfeed

User avatar
stromcat
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:01 pm
Location: London

Post by stromcat » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:17 am

:mygod:

User avatar
LoveBot
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 735
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by LoveBot » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 am

Would love to pick up a black faceplate for my CEM version A132-3!

Good on Doepfer, these look good! I like where Eurorack aesthetic is going!

User avatar
strawberry
Common Wiggler
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 am
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

Post by strawberry » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:22 am

smart move

User avatar
Hazium
Common Wiggler
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:18 pm
Location: Richmond VA
Contact:

Post by Hazium » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:06 am

Love the first Thru Zero, will have to pick one of these up now.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”