xpander not passing its tests

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

freeyerheel
Veteran Wiggler

xpander not passing its tests

Post by freeyerheel » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:40 pm

it still sounds fine and seems to play as it always has but its just started to not pass the tuning and various filter test. im good with replacing parts if its not too involved is there somewhere to start that is simple that might get it back in order? im pretty sure its its the usa version and has never had any work done at all. ive read to replace caps in psu, is there anyother stuff i should adhear? battery? is there a list of parts to replace for a general 1st time refurbish. any help would be a plus, i would want to do it myself unless they are way too involved and need alot of test equipment to get back in tune. also if anyone knows if this has been talked about before here, i tried various searches but havent been able to find any xpander "aid" type refurbish.

mamonu
90s ambient miscreant!!

Post by mamonu » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:55 pm

being an Xpander owner I can only say hang in there buddy...

I would begin with getting the correct CEM chip (just one) and then try to change one by one .... and troubleshoot that way.

is it just one voice not passing the test?

(Also if you cant do anything a good tech would be able to refurbish it if it gets too deep for you...)

good luck. sorry i cant be of any real help.
frac & 100m & eurorack (equal opportunities wiggler)
-----------------------------------------------
:blacet: :blacet: fracmodular.github.io :blacet: :blacet:

freeyerheel
Veteran Wiggler

Post by freeyerheel » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:41 pm

im guessing that they are all failing because it goes through all vco'c and then says fail, then the pw fails and then filter res ect..... all fail. its been fine up until just a couple days ago, it always passed i havent had to do anything, one of the most stable synths ive had. i think ill start with new caps in the psu and then try it again and go from there. i appreciate the help so far. ive been finding others who have serviced themselves. but i think i go for the simple stuff and if that doesnt do the trick ill send it off.

Return to “General Gear”