+/-15 power supplies - anything besides Blacet?

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:19 pm

That MOTM 960 is a great distro. My jam packed portable has one of those, a PSCONN2 and half of a CGS74 all powered by one of the HBB series Power One supplies (which last forever). If you DIY do be careful and make sure you get the fuse right.

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:20 pm

As has been stated, wiring up your own power supply assembly isn't rocket science. It's just a matter of knowing what connects to what, what kind of wire and connectors to use, and such. No tricky handling of hot wires or anything. Done correctly it's completely safe. We're all giving warnings to try and prevent dumbasses from hurting themselves, and then blaming us for encouraging them.

I've assembled a number of them, but I started by buying a respected kit (a MOTM 900) and then basically copying how it was put together, along with reading every thread about psus I could find. For me, while reading about how it's done is fine and enlightening, having a working example physically in my presence is the key to being in my comfort zone as far as these things are concerned.

Oh - I should add to my list of things you need to assemble your own power supply assembly - a good DMM (not a cheap one for this application). You will definitely need one to check final voltages before hooking up modules.
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”