The Locust in the studio with lots of vintage Moog

Discuss the music that you love to hear.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

thesnow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

The Locust in the studio with lots of vintage Moog

Post by thesnow » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:16 pm

The Locust in the studio around 2003 with lots of vintage Moog synths

[video][/video]

the guitar player for The Locust, Bobby Bray, doing a demo of the Koma Elektronik FT201 & BD101

[video][/video]

burnn_out!
deep fried intoxicated wiggler

Post by burnn_out! » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Man are the locust ever going to do another proper album or are they capput? Great band and its been a really long time without new material. :despair:
born in bathsalts..

If your not dead you might as well be dancing, and if your not dancing you might as well be dead. - windspirit

thesnow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thesnow » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:40 pm

burnn_out! wrote:Man are the locust ever going to do another proper album or are they capput? Great band and its been a really long time without new material. :despair:
I know. I love them. One of my favorite bands for sure and each record gets better. I've seen them play a few times. I've met Justin Pearson before and communicate with him sometimes on fb. He's a really cool guy. People ask him about The Locust all the time. He just says that The Locust are still a band and that they'll put out a new record when the time is right. But man do I also get impatient. I feel like its been long enough already and no disrespect to Justin Pearson but The Locust is the best project he's involved in in my opinion.

Love watching Joseph Karam on the modular at the live shows. It is wild what they do.

For anyone interested, "Safety Second, Body Last" and "New Erections" by The Locust, are the most modular synth heavy records. Man are they out there!

burnn_out!
deep fried intoxicated wiggler

Post by burnn_out! » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:40 am

Holy shit how did I not know about All Leather! Kinda DFA1979 meets DIOYY meets the locust via Justin Pearson!! Man their on dim mak too. Really gettin into dim mak lately with bloody beetroots, ATR, motor, MSTRKRFT, and now All Leather!!!
born in bathsalts..

If your not dead you might as well be dancing, and if your not dancing you might as well be dead. - windspirit

thesnow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thesnow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:53 am

burnn_out! wrote:Holy shit how did I not know about All Leather! Kinda DFA1979 meets DIOYY meets the locust via Justin Pearson!! Man their on dim mak too. Really gettin into dim mak lately with bloody beetroots, ATR, motor, MSTRKRFT, and now All Leather!!!
yeah, All Leather is alright and in case you didn't already know, some other good projects Justin Pearson has been involved in are Some Girls, Holy Molar, Head Wound City, The Crimson Curse, and his newest and latest project is called Retox.

None of it beats The Locust, though :) Although, I really loved Some Girls, too, before they broke up and the Head Wound City EP is amazing.

vmgas
Wiggling with Experience

Post by vmgas » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 am

i liked the first 7" they did and the stuff for the 10" split with MITB..also one track on a cry now cry later comp(which is total MITB worship) but otherwise cant really enjoy it. too goofy for me. seen em play twice maybe back in 03/04 maybe and thought it was pretty weak.

Return to “Artist Discussion”