The great artists/producers that (seemingly) disappeared

Discuss the music that you love to hear.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Petesasqwax
Common Wiggler

Post by Petesasqwax » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:48 pm

sam a wrote:
poorpot wrote:Sixtoo

from discogs:
In the summer of 2009, a break-in @ the working compound of Weaponshouse saw a hard-drive and backup hard-drive stolen. Unreleased Sixtoo recordings, session stems, sample kits and loops as well as entire body of archive material spanning 15 years was stolen from a locked residence. This break-in officially closed the project in 2009.
He is still around... Just working on different projects under different names. Prison garde is one of the more recent things he's been up to. (And a handful of other projects and monikers since sixtoo as well)
Yeah, it's also more complicated than that... or more simple, maybe. When Rob was making his Sixtoo material he was in a pretty dark place. The studio break in was obviously a massively low point but when he started making music again it was music to party to (as Megasoid) and he enjoys that a lot more. Basically: unless he gets really down, Sixtoo will probably never release any more music. And if that means Rob is happy and healthy and loving life I hope there's never so much as another Sixtoo track, despite being a monumental Sixtoo fan.

On a side/related note: for years I was trying to get hold of DJ Signify (with whom Sixtoo worked on the excellent No One Leaves material). Signify made an incredible debut on Lex and then followed that with another huge album on Bully. I managed to contact him a year or 2 ago and he was still working on music but I've yet to hear any of it come out anyway sadly

Finally, Push Button Objects was due to release an album on Skam called the Blastback (which I even had the artwork for somewhere) but it never happened. I interviewed Edgar a lot of years ago and stayed in touch. He would always say that more music was coming but, like Signify, it never has done alas

gb
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gb » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:26 am

Bath House wrote:Dabrye
Dabrye is Tadd Mullinix and releases on his label Bopside under several aliases:
https://www.discogs.com/de/label/743749-Bopside

Loved his dabrye stuff! Saw him live at the sonar festival barcelona around 2002/3/4?

GeneralBigBag
My codename's Happy Harry, I'm Into CV

Post by GeneralBigBag » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:55 am

[Duplicate info]

Ramases
Common Wiggler

Post by Ramases » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:00 am

I'd love it if Anthony Manning released some new material.
Nothing apart from a compilation since 2001 as far as I know.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/5741-Anthony-Manning

Return to “Artist Discussion”