4 modules

Discussion and support for Wiard Products

Moderators: Kent, grantrichter, carygrace

sandyb

4 modules

Post by sandyb » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:33 pm

i figure now is probably the time to try to get a few wiard modules. i can only afford 4 :neutral:
i'm looking for a pretty much self contained system that i don't have to patch up to my other modulars (although i obviously will do this as well). i guess my music (for those fortunate enough not to have heard it) is more towards the drone/bug/ambient end of things.
so far i've come up with:
wogglebug
dual borg filter/lpg
classic vco
these three are definite

and fourth will probably be an envelator - i wasn't sure whether it should be this or a mixolator but it seems that vca duties would be adequately handled by the first three modules

any comments/alternative suggestions on this mix of modules?

sandy

Roycie Roller
Death Row Wiggler

Post by Roycie Roller » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:16 pm

Hey sandy,
are you planning on getting the Modcan Quad Envelope? And can the CV recorder be used for envelope shapes? Would either/or cover the Envelator's functions? (although you mentioned that it was self-contained).
The Classic VCO has an A/R envelope. I think a mixolator would be more useful, because it means you can really work on the sound, and because you are working on drones, maybe the 2 chaotic functions of the Wogglebug & Envelator would be a bit much in a 4 module setup?
I reckon you could get some really nice timbres and sounds with the VCO, Wogglebug tones & ringmod, LPG LowPass, BandPass, HighPass, Mixolator mixing, crossfade & ringmod. I think the Mixolator would take the sounds in more places...but i could be wrong.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:19 pm

if i had to get four, i think my plan would be -

wogglebug
classic vco
envelator
sequantizer

then i would try my hardest to pick up borg, boogie and miniwave in the frac format, used or whatever.... but much more likely to find than 300-series modules

that sequantizer is so tasty looking :hyper:

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:49 am

ah - having thought i'd made my mind up i now have to rethink. some good points about the mixolator roycie. muff - i have a euro format miniwave - i'd originally gone for the waveform city before realising this fact :doh: although i think the classic vco would give me more options in a small system like this.
thanks for the ideas

sandy

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:49 am

Are all Wogglebugs created equally? I just noticed this on Ebay FWIW:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0326069910

And this seller has a lot of CGS and other DIY stuff too. I'm not interested in the Wogglebug board so don't worry about bid-battling me! :hihi:

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:53 am

JohnLRice wrote:Are all Wogglebugs created equally? I just noticed this on Ebay FWIW:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0326069910

And this seller has a lot of CGS and other DIY stuff too. I'm not interested in the Wogglebug board so don't worry about bid-battling me! :hihi:
thanks john. these boards are the slightly earlier version wogglebugs. i have two of them sitting waiting for me to get around to building them for my 5U and Euro systems. afaik the one from wiard is a later revision with a few extras.

revmutt
Knutty For Knobs

Post by revmutt » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:47 am

For a "different" sounding instrument: Wogglebug, Envelator, Waveform City and a Borg.

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:26 pm

if nothing else the filters are a must. there's no other filter i've heard that sounds and feels like wiard.
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

Return to “Wiard”