Sequantizer weird issue

Discussion and support for Wiard Products

Moderators: Kent, carygrace, grantrichter

modularfreak
Wiggling with Experience

Sequantizer weird issue

Post by modularfreak » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:12 pm

When my Sequantizer is attached to a Hinton power supply the quantizer output doesn´t work - no pitch change at all - while the unquantized output works perfectly.

If I use another power supply - either an original Grant Richter or a Blacet stock - everything is fine. Tried different cables, of course as I found out that sometimes pin 2 or pin 3 of the molex connector is used as ground but that doesn´t seem to matter at all.

All other modules connected to the Hinton seem to work as they should. My guess is that something with the ground isn´t as it should but that´s just a guess from an experienced user with less tech background.

What does the quantized output of the Sequantizer expect that other modules don´t care about?

Help is much appreciated.

Graham Hinton
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Sequantizer weird issue

Post by Graham Hinton » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:15 am

modularfreak wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:12 pm
When my Sequantizer is attached to a Hinton power supply the quantizer output doesn´t work - no pitch change at all - while the unquantized output works perfectly.

If I use another power supply - either an original Grant Richter or a Blacet stock - everything is fine. Tried different cables, of course as I found out that sometimes pin 2 or pin 3 of the molex connector is used as ground but that doesn´t seem to matter at all.
Pins 2 and 3 of the Molex are connected together on the distribution.
All other modules connected to the Hinton seem to work as they should. My guess is that something with the ground isn´t as it should but that´s just a guess from an experienced user with less tech background.
Blacet power supplies are not grounded (or safe).
What does the quantized output of the Sequantizer expect that other modules don´t care about?
What are you connecting it to?
Is there another powered system involved?

You may have a faulty Sequantizer. There are plenty in use with FullPower PSUs.
Do the Transpose, Octave+ and Octave- inputs work?

Aether Machine
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Sequantizer weird issue

Post by Aether Machine » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:27 am

I had a similar issue with a Waveform City module which worked on a Blacet PS500 but would fail after 45 mins when connected to a Full Power supply, this was fixed urgently (turnaround 1 day) by Cary for a festival performance in 2012 - if that jogs anyone's memory. I recall that a resistor in the digital board needed to be changed to a higher wattage.

Return to “Wiard”