Waveform City 300 Series?

Discussion and support for Wiard Products

Moderators: Kent, carygrace, grantrichter

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:43 pm

love how you're posting about your explorations!

slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slow_riot » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:45 pm

@J3RK . Most of my real life learning has been facilitated by friendly experts. There is no way I would have gotten this far without that help, for example the nature of the sine wave oscillator, was motivated by being informed that what makes a good sine wave osc is the amplitude stabilization. In the primary osc the T squared term is a saw. I got up to iteration number 30 before being pointed helpfully in the right direction. You'd think a saw would be the easiest thing to do in analogue, but there is just no way to accurately dump the charge out of a cap in the time required.

The other thing which was very helpful to translate my previous awareness of low level music system design to the analogue domain was being informed of the importance of simplicity. At first I thought it better to have be grandly complex and perfect, but actually the converse is true, every action to simplify takes away another layer from the sonic artichoke to get to the heart. It's a discipline very much like Haiku.

Return to “Wiard”