Harvestman: Double Andore Available at AH

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

l e b e r
Veteran Wiggler

Post by l e b e r » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:42 am

this is one module i really want to like, but have yet to see/hear a demo that displays it in a way i'd use it. so far all the demos i've heard have really shown the glitchy nature of this module, lots of bursts of noise and clicking/stepping sounds as the wavetable envelopes are changed. which is fun to hear, but not useful for me in a practical sense.

...basically, i'm wondering can the DA do smoothly-morphed complex envelopes...like an E350 in LFO mode, but envelopes???

anyone care to do a really simple demo of a saw going through an LPF which is being opened by the DA's wavetable envelopes? i'll owe you a :guinness: and some :75: ...but will mainly give you cyber love :omg:

nrdvrgr
Working at NASA on acid

Post by nrdvrgr » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:29 am

Someone might beat me to it since I can´t do this until the weekend, but I´ll give it a shot... but really leber, just get it. It is fantastic. I promise.
-Extendunt barbam tuam, et velo-

BUY/LISTEN: http://nordvargr.bandcamp.com
VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/nrdvrgr

qu.one
hypnotic and sanctified

Post by qu.one » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:36 am

It can certainly do smooth - it has two modes. Once I get a chance I'll try and do the requested demo.

l e b e r
Veteran Wiggler

Post by l e b e r » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:34 am

great thanks for the response and offer of demos qu.one & nrdvrgr!!!!
just get it. It is fantastic. I promise.
...said the barman to the alcoholic. :guinness:

bluemeanie
wiggle me wiggle me wee

Post by bluemeanie » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:52 am

last nite mine 'locked up' on me 3 times.... no response from any buttons or knobs until turned off/on. gonna try and replicate it again so maybe figure out why.....
nodules on my modules

www.soundcloud.com/s-k-p

dan_k
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dan_k » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:02 am

bluemeanie wrote:last nite mine 'locked up' on me 3 times.... no response from any buttons or knobs until turned off/on. gonna try and replicate it again so maybe figure out why.....
How's the power in your case? are you hitting the limits?

Maybe try unplugging some other modules and see if it runs fine.

bluemeanie
wiggle me wiggle me wee

Post by bluemeanie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:53 am

should be well fine with the power... deopfer diy kit 1 in 6U... with rene, korgasamatron, opttomix, rcd, mangler, 5pulser..

the DA locked up again once.. then its been fine.

from what i could remember both sides were cycling and i was messing with the mirror input.

i'll keep tabs on it i think
nodules on my modules

www.soundcloud.com/s-k-p

l e b e r
Veteran Wiggler

Post by l e b e r » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:07 am

cough demos? cough cough. :hail:

nrdvrgr
Working at NASA on acid

Post by nrdvrgr » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:15 am

Stomach flu kept me busy over the weekend... the expression "shit happens" was exactly what happened.

qu.one
hypnotic and sanctified

Post by qu.one » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:18 am

l e b e r wrote:cough demos? cough cough. :hail:
my excuses: work, neon marshmallow and my birthday over the weekend! tonight i'll do something... PROMISE.

l e b e r
Veteran Wiggler

Post by l e b e r » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:00 am

good excuses. you're both excused.

although if i hear 'my dog ate it', i'm hunting you both down.

Rod Serling Fan Club
aquatic hitchhiker

Post by Rod Serling Fan Club » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 pm

I just got one of these used from ah. Sometimes when I turn on my modular it is "frozen", just displaying zeros. If I turn it off and back on it will work. Anyone else experiencing this?

rico loverde
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by rico loverde » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:16 pm

l e b e r wrote:this is one module i really want to like, but have yet to see/hear a demo that displays it in a way i'd use it. so far all the demos i've heard have really shown the glitchy nature of this module, lots of bursts of noise and clicking/stepping sounds as the wavetable envelopes are changed. which is fun to hear, but not useful for me in a practical sense.

...basically, i'm wondering can the DA do smoothly-morphed complex envelopes...like an E350 in LFO mode, but envelopes???

anyone care to do a really simple demo of a saw going through an LPF which is being opened by the DA's wavetable envelopes? i'll owe you a :guinness: and some :75: ...but will mainly give you cyber love :omg:
Here's one I did when I first got it, not exactly what your asking for but it's a pretty simple patch
http://soundcloud.com/deadlover/dandore-demo

http://soundcloud.com/deadlover/dandore-demo
works for Darkplace Manufacturing

shred
desperation tentacle

Post by shred » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:35 am

Rod Serling Fan Club wrote:I just got one of these used from ah. Sometimes when I turn on my modular it is "frozen", just displaying zeros. If I turn it off and back on it will work. Anyone else experiencing this?
hmm.. pretty sure mine doesn't do this. I believe when I power it up the left and right digits are the same as what it was when powered down, although both sides automatically start in AD mode. not really sure what it would be since i'm not too knowledgable on the nitty gritty of how these machines work. maybe shoot scott an email if you haven't already

Nice demo Rico! I would contribute but I don't have any filters just yet... someone needs to buy my stuff for sale !!!!! :mad:
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:CATS OR GTFO!!!!!

www.shredderghost.bandcamp.com

nrdvrgr
Working at NASA on acid

Post by nrdvrgr » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:22 am

I have two, none of them have ever frozen on me.

Rod Serling Fan Club
aquatic hitchhiker

Post by Rod Serling Fan Club » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:46 am

EDIT: looks like it is a power issue after all. I just got a new case with a TipTop powered bussboard and for some reason had thought it was more powerful than it is. I guess I'll have to use my uzeus from my other case. Damn digital modules.

the83
Wiggling with Experience

Post by the83 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:05 pm

nrdvrgr wrote:I have two, none of them have ever frozen on me.
Even better than...TWO MATHS!?

Actually, my dream system would have two maths and two double andores (quad andore?).

nrdvrgr
Working at NASA on acid

Post by nrdvrgr » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:39 am

the83 wrote: Actually, my dream system would have two maths and two double andores (quad andore?).
Seems like I have your dreamsystem then ;)

(detail)

bluemeanie
wiggle me wiggle me wee

Post by bluemeanie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:29 am

same env times regardless of where the log lin exp control is (bank 2)...

freaking awesome

mirror function is too cool

yay yay yay :omg: :yay:
nodules on my modules

www.soundcloud.com/s-k-p

GhostlyMostly
Wiggling with Experience

Post by GhostlyMostly » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:10 pm

I’m just ordered 3 more of these from analouge haven
Sitting by my front door waiting like a eurocrack head.
The reason for 4 of these total in my system is because a few years ago, I had 2 of these and I realized that they fuck like pigeons and several of them get gnarly and undredictable at times. I snagged the orange meets pink eprom for them also. I will make a video in a few weeks when my new case comes in (if anyone is interested).

So, did anyone else fall in love with this module and buy several? It’s the clicks,pops and glitches I just adore :cloud:
Ok,bumping this thread in appreciation and for some DAmk1 love,along with connecting with any others who have and love this module (or have several and how you like to use them) cheers
Everything in life is replaceable, except people.
Joined Aug 13 2011 as Indigo333

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:45 pm

GhostlyMostly wrote:I’m just ordered 3 more of these from analouge haven
The reason for 4 of these total in my system is because a few years ago, I had 2 of these and I realized that they fuck like pigeons and several of them get gnarly and undredictable at times. I snagged the orange meets pink eprom for them also. I will make a video in a few weeks when my new case comes in (if anyone is interested).

So, did anyone else fall in love with this module and buy several? It’s the clicks,pops and glitches I just adore :cloud:
Ok,bumping this thread in appreciation and for some DAmk1 love,along with connecting with any others who have and love this module (or have several and how you like to use them) cheers
You’re a mad man! I had two mk IIs and recently sold one for a mk I. I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet but I’m pretty stoked. Not sure I’m going to go with four though! Haha.

GhostlyMostly
Wiggling with Experience

Post by GhostlyMostly » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:26 pm

Sinamsis wrote:

You’re a mad man! I had two mk IIs and recently sold one for a mk I. I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet but I’m pretty stoked. Not sure I’m going to go with four though! Haha.
I can’t wait to hear your review on it, it’s so lofi compared to the Mk2
Seriously, make time for that beast and cross patch/modulate it.Let us know what you find
Everything in life is replaceable, except people.
Joined Aug 13 2011 as Indigo333

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:41 am

I have a stereo pair as well. It never occurred to me to get more than a pair of anything, but understandable given its MANY functions (linear vs exponential mode, cross-modulated VCA mode for tone thickening, freeze mode, LFO cycle mode, etc). Each imbue a unique character to the bland world of envelopes due to its wavetable nature.
Modulating the wavetable WHILE a single envelope cycle is yet to complete is a patching paradigm shift in itself.

sackley
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sackley » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:38 am

:sb: Love my mkI. Just got a mk][, but haven’t gotten to know it yet. Read through this thread not long ago, actually.

My mkI is such a perfect module to fill out my basic shared system. Voltage ranges jive well and adds a much needed set of functions with the Gov’s digital touch.

Got a used mk][ on an impulse to finish my mk][ line up. I had accumulated all the others second hand over time, and had a wonderful 6ux84hp system before moving the DA mkI to the SS. May reassemble, but thinking I’ll do a smaller 3u setup for now.

PH2, DA2, Kermit +A-134-2, ZC2, TS2

Listening to my phonogene being cv’d by DA1 at the moment. :harvestman:

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Just had a chance to patch with the mk I. I still need to read more, but it's fairly intuitive. I really dig it. It's weird, I like the griminess that this adds, but still have trouble with the Tyme Sefari mk II.

[video][/video]

Return to “The Harvestman”