$1800 2600 on CL today... fingers crossed

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Jason Brock
just visiting

Post by Jason Brock » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:36 pm

oops, misquoted

Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Low-Gain » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:47 pm

"Hi, this is Prince... i'd like to buy your 2600... Please deliver it to Paisley Park and i will have my receptionist have a check ready for you"

grape tony
Veteran Wiggler

Post by grape tony » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:06 pm

i got an AMAZING april fools joke like this

said basically, arp 2600, seems to work. been sitting in my moms basement, all i can get it to do is bird chirps. no emails PHONE CALLS only with my number. needless to say i received over 100 calls and texts that day and the next from some really hilarious and desperate/excited people hoping to score a great deal. had to turn my phone on airplane because of the annoyance. an amazing prank :yay:

richard
bananaphile

Post by richard » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:12 pm

Save the Children indeed. What a cunt
Bastard Science Vol.1 and 2 (Hordik, Buchla, Serge, EMS, Oberheim) https://soundanatomy.bandcamp.com/album ... ence-vol-1
https://soundanatomy.bandcamp.com/album ... ence-vol-2

Tales from the Voodoo Box (EMS Synthi A solos) https://soundanatomy.bandcamp.com/album ... ynthesiser

Richard Scott - Several Circles https://cuspeditions.bandcamp.com/album ... al-circles

infradead
leader of the secret trombones

Post by infradead » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:41 am

grape tony wrote:i got an AMAZING april fools joke like this

said basically, arp 2600, seems to work. been sitting in my moms basement, all i can get it to do is bird chirps. no emails PHONE CALLS only with my number. needless to say i received over 100 calls and texts that day and the next from some really hilarious and desperate/excited people hoping to score a great deal. had to turn my phone on airplane because of the annoyance. an amazing prank :yay:
oh man that's rich
forget everything you know about sound, then turn the synth on. You can thank me later - slow_riot

cases: doepfer 6u and monster base

Tacoma Noise Rodeo

ben jah men
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ben jah men » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:18 am

just to show that there is some humanity left in the world..

I actually AM getting a 2600 placed in my studio so that I can learn how to use it and then teach the owner... all while we work on a mostly hardware deep house/dub techno live project.

its like, pretty much, the, best thing thats ever happened to me.

of course.. we'll beleive when we see this thursday.. but the dude is a great friend who works at a violin repair shop doing multi-thousand dollar finishes and his dad apparently bought the thing for his mom when it was new.... been in storage for a decade or more, he says he has the manual and everything. (not a synth nerd at all, in fact he is just barely starting to get into electronica in general).

fingers crossed it actually comes with him, turns on, and sound great!

:party:

EEagan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by EEagan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:38 am

definite scam to me....
Ed

daverj
Vintage Video Wiggler

Post by daverj » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Well, you can tell from reading it that he's not American, and not a native English speaker. Neither of which rules out a legitimate deal, of course. But this pretty clearly seems like a scam.

Chiefy11
Complex Fart Virtuoso

Post by Chiefy11 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Saw this one a while back on Mpls CL. Never jumped on it cause I didn't have the cash at the time. Glad I didn't.
FS: Yamaha TF-1 voice cards

Dave Peck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dave Peck » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Low-Gain wrote:we'll see bout that... heh.
I told him i would only do it as local pick up or if I get to pick the escrow company. Why post it for sale if you are going to leave the country.. did he take it with him? (unlikely) so i should be able to pick it up locally.. it's sketchy as hell. hahahaha. I can't even take it seriously but we'll see..
I also requested his full contact info. I would never do a deal like this with out confirming his address and talking to him on the phone. I'd also need to see it first. so many factors. Which is why i'm having more fun with this than anything.. It's not legit.
The fact that others here have seen the exact same ad in other cities is clear proof that this is a scam. There is ZERO chance that this is legit.

BUT - you can have a lot of fun, if you're interested - go to www.419eater.com for helpful tips and tricks on how to totally mess with scammers, waste their time, annoy and confuse them, scare the hell out of them, etc. Even if you don't want to go through with it, the site is awesome.

JBVries

Post by JBVries » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Such a tease. Fuck scammers.

sascha.victoria
deleted/nevermind

Post by sascha.victoria » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:15 pm

I had thought to do a similar thing but for a West Village NYC apartment below market rate to get back at a shitty boss. Didn't end up doing it. Perhaps I'll inspire someone here...

wtb: silence

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 pm

sascha.victoria wrote:I had thought to do a similar thing but for a West Village NYC apartment below market rate to get back at a shitty boss. Didn't end up doing it. Perhaps I'll inspire someone here...

Not sure someone would do this unless they a) have WAY too much time on their hands and little imagination, or b) are a sociopath who get off on messing with people's emotions. I have seen other similar "jokes"--the $100 moog modular--truly hysterical wastes of everyone's time. Not. :roll:

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”