Silly comments

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

TrashWaveform
Flesh Eating Angel

Post by TrashWaveform » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:28 am

Edit: Opps, wrong thread.
"Well, if you were never born, it wouldn't be your fucking birthday." - droolmaster0 aka Nelson Baboon

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:52 am

Does quality matter? I mean, who the fuck said that everything had to be on topic? But if you're going to post a joke, maybe it should be funny, or at least the slightest bit witty? And if you're going to derail the content by asking for music (when this was pretty much a purely technical post), there's no need to belabor the point....

So, now, the point is that anyone (meaning me mostly, as the op who got pissed and deleted the original post) who objects is not being relaxed? Well, why don't we relax this forum right over to Analogia, where you'll see the ultimate in this form of relaxation. Let's get Diametro over here to post a stupid picture in every thread while we're at it....
Muff Wiggler wrote:
TrashWaveform wrote:There is a logo on the top of the page that has Elron with a cats head. It doesn't help me view this as a place for serious business in every thread. But it also assures me it is a place to relax and speak easy.
this^^^

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:54 am

I haven't seen anyone who has demanded 100% on topic posting. Exaggerating your 'opponent's' argument is a sure sign that you don't really have one yourself.
TrashWaveform wrote:There is a logo on the top of the page that has Elron with a cats head. It doesn't help me view this as a place for serious business in every thread. But it also assures me it is a place to relax and speak easy. So I don't understand these people who demand 110% on topic threads in every thread. Its like a guy demanding morals in a sleazy strip club that sells crack in the alley.

Edit: Ok, maybe not quite.

bwhittington
Terrifying Brain Secret

Post by bwhittington » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:23 am

Droolmaster is just being coy. I know him in real life, and he is a modular stud, with scads of recordings to his name. Here is a video I dug up of him tinkering in the studio.

What, the name D-d-d-drool-M-m-m-master never tipped you off?

Cheers,
Brian

TrashWaveform
Flesh Eating Angel

Post by TrashWaveform » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:46 pm

Wait, so all this time I have been pissing off Martin from DM? I deserve a high five for some legendary trolling.

Seriously, calm down. Didn't we go through this shit several months ago? Yeah, and it was a waste of time all around. But by all means if you wanna wear a cloud suit and shit blood then go for it.
"Well, if you were never born, it wouldn't be your fucking birthday." - droolmaster0 aka Nelson Baboon

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:29 pm

TrashWaveform wrote:Wait, so all this time I have been pissing off Martin from DM? I deserve a high five for some legendary trolling.

Seriously, calm down. Didn't we go through this shit several months ago? Yeah, and it was a waste of time all around. But by all means if you wanna wear a cloud suit and shit blood then go for it.
I'll calm down if you occasionally say something funny or worthwhile.

TrashWaveform
Flesh Eating Angel

Post by TrashWaveform » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:35 pm

droolmaster0 wrote:
TrashWaveform wrote:Wait, so all this time I have been pissing off Martin from DM? I deserve a high five for some legendary trolling.

I'll calm down if you occasionally say something funny or worthwhile.
What made you think I was trying to impress you? Are you seriously that vain?

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Well, I can see that I'm not going to have to calm down...(sigh of relief)

TrashWaveform
Flesh Eating Angel

Post by TrashWaveform » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:46 pm

droolmaster0 wrote:Well, I can see that I'm not going to have to calm down...(sigh of relief)
So relieving for everyone. :omg:

SepticUnderground
Zombi Wiggler

Post by SepticUnderground » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:47 pm

http://soundcloud.com/septicstudio
FREE ALBUMS! http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/Septic_Underground

Stopped with becoming the biggest 5U slut in the world

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:00 pm

ah - now we're at the silly pictures stage. My cue to exit and visit Analogia.

TrashWaveform
Flesh Eating Angel

Post by TrashWaveform » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:20 pm

SepticUnderground wrote:Image

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:14 am

Muff Wiggler wrote:funny to me it seems things have been a lot better the last little while :despair:
i guess i'm still upset about all the horrible things people were saying about Led Zepplin :waah:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:37 am

bwhittington wrote:Droolmaster is just being coy. I know him in real life, and he is a modular stud, with scads of recordings to his name. Here is a video I dug up of him tinkering in the studio.

Cheers,
Brian
Just keep it civil for crying out loud. Just because this person is who you say they are it is no reason to hold it against them. Cut him a little slack. The holidays are tough on a lot of people.

BUT - Why change the name of the thread to steer it completely away from what the original intent was? The new title just leads it in the counterproductive direction.

p.s. I am still thinking that this instrument would be a nice compliment... does anyone have any opinions? Has anyone ever had any experience with one? Any pop stars? Any one? http://www.analogic-acs.com/tm116.html

Peace (no emoticon for peace)

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:55 am

? I changed the title of the thread, and destroyed the original post because I had given up on it, and wanted to make a point. The fact that few people may care about the point? Well, so be it.
MindMachine wrote:
bwhittington wrote:Droolmaster is just being coy. I know him in real life, and he is a modular stud, with scads of recordings to his name. Here is a video I dug up of him tinkering in the studio.

Cheers,
Brian
Just keep it civil for crying out loud. Just because this person is who you say they are it is no reason to hold it against them. Cut him a little slack. The holidays are tough on a lot of people.

BUT - Why change the name of the thread to steer it completely away from what the original intent was? The new title just leads it in the counterproductive direction.

p.s. I am still thinking that this instrument would be a nice compliment... does anyone have any opinions? Has anyone ever had any experience with one? Any pop stars? Any one? http://www.analogic-acs.com/tm116.html

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:00 pm

That looks like a nice sequencer, but I don't see a price on it....(Edit - oops - there it is - $1,000.)

If you mean that it would be a nice complement to the oberkorn, I'm not so sure that it is the best choice, IF the goal is to maximize the feature set. It looks like the main feature is the modulation inputs - but the oberkorn already has a nice implementation of that. And, the assumption is that if you're using an oberkorn, that you have an 1/8" system probably. With this thing, you then have to deal with banana jacks - possible to do of course, but this doesn't add to it being the best possible complement to the Oberkorn.

Edit - hmmm - I don't see a modulation input per se - it seems that all it has in that capacity is a 'step select'? Maybe I'm missing it - I'm looking at the enlarged picture on the site.

I'd still say that a Doepfer a-155/a-154 combo is the ideal complement....if the goal is to maximize the feature set economically.

But I'd love more info on this analogic thing - I haven't heard from anyone who has actually used one.

MindMachine wrote: ...

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:29 am

Yes the TM-116 seems to be a mystery machine. Drool - I thought that you also had some banana units (Serge) so it might pair up well (w/ the Oberkorn). The Doepfer combo that you mention seems to get a lot of love. That new TipTop Matrix Sequencer seems cool, but I can't really wrap my mind around how useful it would be for traditional melodic stuff. Happy hunting.

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:40 am

I no longer have the banana stuff....

I don't know though - for traditional melodic stuff, are step sequencers the best thing to use?
MindMachine wrote:Yes the TM-116 seems to be a mystery machine. Drool - I thought that you also had some banana units (Serge) so it might pair up well (w/ the Oberkorn). The Doepfer combo that you mention seems to get a lot of love. That new TipTop Matrix Sequencer seems cool, but I can't really wrap my mind around how useful it would be for traditional melodic stuff. Happy hunting.

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:02 am

I like the combo of the Oberkorn and the TetraMaps. Traditional and weird, odd thing is the weird sequencer outputs quantized notes. :doh:

Actually I end up using the Oberkorn as a slow modulator using divisions of the midi clock for the timing. Makes me wish the TetraMaps had 2 more CV ins.

I'm looking forward to the MakeNoise Matrix sequencer. I bet it would do odd in credible things being sequenced by the Oberkorn and the TetraMaps.

Sorry to bring back the old topic a bit late.

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:08 am

dkcg wrote:I like the combo of the Oberkorn and the TetraMaps. Traditional and weird, odd thing is the weird sequencer outputs quantized notes. :doh:

Actually I end up using the Oberkorn as a slow modulator using divisions of the midi clock for the timing. Makes me wish the TetraMaps had 2 more CV ins.

I'm looking forward to the MakeNoise Matrix sequencer. I bet it would do odd in credible things being sequenced by the Oberkorn and the TetraMaps.

Sorry to bring back the old topic a bit late.
Well, you can use the dt parameter on the Signal Arts if you don't want quantized pitches - and this pitch offset can also be modulated...yeah - I wish that somehow there could be an expansion box for the MAPS with more inputs and outputs, but I doubt that will happen.

I'm anxiously awaiting the new sequencers also. I just think that you can't have too many of them...

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”