The Ekdahl Polygamist!

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

colorbars
Wiggling with Experience

Post by colorbars » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:26 am

First time hearing about this, looks amazing! Hope it finds its way back into production :hyper:

razzmtazz266
Common Wiggler

Post by razzmtazz266 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:30 am

Ditto that, I think if this were cheap and availible it might be like a nicotine patch for my buchla jonesing

pelican
Ultra Wiggler

Post by pelican » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:41 pm

razzmtazz266 wrote:Ditto that, I think if this were cheap and availible it might be like a nicotine patch for my buchla jonesing
It was cheap
WTB: Yamaha dx-11 manual

sloth713
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sloth713 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:40 am

razzmtazz266 IMHO the Polygamist is not Buchla-ey, it was by far and away its own thing (with Serge possibly being it's closest relative). But its awesome brand of uniqueness is an awesome distraction from a lot of forms of GAS.

Smokey
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Smokey » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:11 pm

[video][/video]

More Polygamist lovin'! I can't get enough of this candy colored fun machine!

dan_p
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dan_p » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 am

Super nice!!!!!
Smokey wrote:[video][/video]

More Polygamist lovin'! I can't get enough of this candy colored fun machine!
Oh you got a Nickel, I got a Dime,
I'd like to get to know you but I haven't got the time,
You got to walk like a mannequin, roll like a tyre,
Act on reaction dodge the big spud fryer
------------------------------------------
www.Soundcloud.com/dan_p
www.YouTube.Com/d4nnyp

Smokey
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Smokey » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:38 pm

dan_p wrote:Super nice!!!!!
Thanks for watching and commenting on the video page Dan! :sb: :party:

Haterade
Common Wiggler

Post by Haterade » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:27 pm

I saw him play a set with one of these a year or so ago and it sounded great. Was quite bummed to hear that they stopped production.
"Don't shun the world, shed it"

Smokey
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Smokey » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Some more Polygamist love...

[video][/video]

I've been told that the Wretch tracks a square wave pretty well... the Polygamist pulse output on oscillator 1 is perfect for such a thing! I never tried it before so last night I had the Polygamist "play" the Wretch resulting in this pulsating, dirty noise.

It's their first meeting and I hope they become best friends. :pokeout: :drinking: :hug: :chug:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:36 pm

^ WOW :sb: Your candy colored machine is awesome. What a great instrument and driver. Thanks for sharing your Polygamist.

Really, really, nice.

Smokey
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Smokey » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:24 pm

MindMachine wrote:^ WOW :sb: Your candy colored machine is awesome. What a great instrument and driver. Thanks for sharing your Polygamist.

Really, really, nice.
Thanks for watching! The Polygamist is turning out to be a really excellent "control" synth for my gear. I love all the external patchpoints!

Here are a few more videos of the Polygamist with the Wretch that I had fun making this weekend:

[video][/video]
[video][/video]

tdel
Common Wiggler

Post by tdel » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:20 pm

New album coming from Nuel / Further Records made on the Polygamist:

http://furtherrecords.org/album/hyperboreal

Smokey
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Smokey » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:38 pm

tdel wrote:New album coming from Nuel / Further Records made on the Polygamist:

http://furtherrecords.org/album/hyperboreal
A Polygamist album on vinyl... ohhhhhhhh yeeahhhhhh
8-) :banana: :drunkhomer: :sb: :goo: :party:

Thanks for posting about it. I would have never of stumbled upon it.

soup
Veteran Wiggler

Post by soup » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:03 pm

from knas facebook...
NEWS! I know we've been slow at filling orders lately, but it's all for a good reason; we've been working on finishing a pick-and-place machine that will automatically place all components on a circuit board. This combined with automatic soldering takes down the hands-on production time of a moisturizer circuit board from ~2 hours to about 20 minutes. My hopes is that not only will we now be able to work off the entire backlog, but in fact i hope to keep stock and instead of having a 2 months waiting time, we can just ship stuff out the same week. This should also allow us to create a much broader portfolio of products, and 2016 will quite likely see the resurrection of an old friend... In the end i'm hoping this will also mean that me and my friends who work for me will actually make a livable wage finally. So far we've made 5 revision 5 moisturizers with the machine, and even though it's not perfect yet it takes out a *huge* chunk of the time required to finish them. Oh and revision 5 allows for a much broader range of input voltages being able to be used so no more weirdo can't-find-that-damn-powersupply. GO ROBOTS!

love
Knas

ghee hgt
Common Wiggler

Post by ghee hgt » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:16 am

soup wrote:from knas facebook...
NEWS! I know we've been slow at filling orders lately, but it's all for a good reason; we've been working on finishing a pick-and-place machine that will automatically place all components on a circuit board. This combined with automatic soldering takes down the hands-on production time of a moisturizer circuit board from ~2 hours to about 20 minutes. My hopes is that not only will we now be able to work off the entire backlog, but in fact i hope to keep stock and instead of having a 2 months waiting time, we can just ship stuff out the same week. This should also allow us to create a much broader portfolio of products, and 2016 will quite likely see the resurrection of an old friend... In the end i'm hoping this will also mean that me and my friends who work for me will actually make a livable wage finally. So far we've made 5 revision 5 moisturizers with the machine, and even though it's not perfect yet it takes out a *huge* chunk of the time required to finish them. Oh and revision 5 allows for a much broader range of input voltages being able to be used so no more weirdo can't-find-that-damn-powersupply. GO ROBOTS!

love
Knas
that is some good news, please resurrect that old friend!

wanne
Common Wiggler

Post by wanne » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:04 pm

just got one today :banana:
but wondering why there isnt anymore discussion or videos of this little monster synth :despair:

Smokey
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Smokey » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:13 pm

wanne wrote:just got one today :banana:
but wondering why there isnt anymore discussion or videos of this little monster synth :despair:
Sweet! I hope you enjoy yours! There weren't many made so I'm not surprised about the little discussion. It is an amazing synth though! I hope Karl can some day do another run or version.

I've got a bunch of noise/drone videos using the Polygamist up on my Youtube. My "Polygamist Love" series is up to #16. I've also paired it with Metasonix gear in my "Pneumata" series.

Link is in my sig :bananaguitar:

chvad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chvad » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Yeah I def think it's all about the numbers released. I still have and love mine (#6).

wanne
Common Wiggler

Post by wanne » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:20 pm

chvad wrote:Yeah I def think it's all about the numbers released. I still have and love mine (#6).
cant find any '# on mine ! where is it ?

chvad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chvad » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Mine is on the inside of the case. I only saw it because Karl was still assembling the unit when I swung by his place in Baltimore to pick it up. I think it's scribbled in sharpie lol.

wanne
Common Wiggler

Post by wanne » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:08 am

chvad wrote:Mine is on the inside of the case. I only saw it because Karl was still assembling the unit when I swung by his place in Baltimore to pick it up. I think it's scribbled in sharpie lol.
ok,but i wont open it because of that :-)
still trying to get used to this little different synth pig :zombie:

just saw that youre a member of cb from which my friend released a lp box some years ago (VOD47.B) .....

deltaphoenix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by deltaphoenix » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:59 am

I am coming back in to the Polygamist world (again). Looking to keep this one around for a long time to come.

:nana:

chvad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chvad » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:00 pm

cool you found one!

deltaphoenix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by deltaphoenix » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 am

Yes, it only took me me 6 months :deadbanana:

I know there aren't many out there but these are treasures. I can't wait to cross-patch with my TTSH and Euro. I can't wait to see how it works with my Squarp Pyramid.

Fun Times Ahead!

mateo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mateo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Every time I see this thread bumped I hope beyond hope that it's to announce they're making more of these :sadbanana:

Return to “General Gear”