Novation Summit owners...

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

submute
Common Wiggler

Novation Summit owners...

Post by submute » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Tell me how you've liked it. I've been super tempted since day one but I see issues about the rotary encoders, and now people are posting pictures of uneven keybeds. A little concerning, especially at the $2K USD price point.

Appreciate your stories, thanks.

Divinital

Re: Novation Summit owners...

Post by Divinital » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:31 pm

submute wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm
Tell me how you've liked it. I've been super tempted since day one but I see issues about the rotary encoders, and now people are posting pictures of uneven keybeds. A little concerning, especially at the $2K USD price point.

Appreciate your stories, thanks.
If you browse any Summit thread's you'll likely find me. It's one of the most versatile synths ever made, I'm a huge fan. It's the track maker to me, it can do classic analog to DX digital, bells, organic percussion, you name it. If you can think of it, you can program it. This synth paved the way for FPGAs. I got a recalled unit, it was hassle free to swap it out and Novation has only been excellent.

Also, the Novation Components software is great, no bugs or issues, quick and easy. 1,000+ free patches from well known sound designers, all easily swapped in and out via the PC software. There can be 1,536 total separate patches on the unit if you include the utilization of "multi" mode and programming two individual patches per multi patch. The synth boots up in no time, a few seconds max.

Aesthetics, I think it's one of the sexiest things to come out in a while. It's a very thin synth, also short in regards to width. I can't say enough positive things about the synth. I might not be the best musician but since the thing came out, I've uploaded 8 tracks based around it, which can be found in my signature. I'm a guitar player, still learning synthesis and playing keys, but I love this thing. I think it'll pair well with the DSI Pro 3 I just preordered.

Any other questions just ask!

shaft9000
wait, what?

Post by shaft9000 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:26 pm

Dang. I hope it's just the rare lemon and not a characteristic problem with recent-ish Novation(s). The keybed on my UltraNova went haywire, and stayed that way after I took it apart and cleaned it. Never had a problem with the Supernova2 - a sweet keybed on one of the best UI's ever.
youtube.com/shaft9000 ◄ modcan+euro demo:study
shaft9000.muffwiggler.com ◄ singles:mp3
shaft9000.bandcamp.com ◄ album

acidbob
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by acidbob » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:17 pm

No problems here, a real joy to play, sounds so good
I had no idea about the issues

Return to “General Gear”