New poly synth/synth company - ASM Hydrasynth

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Gribs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gribs » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:48 pm

I pre-ordered from Sweetwater a few weeks ago. I don’t really expect it to arrive until after the new year. If it arrives early then I have problem... will have to box something until I finish the rearrangement work in our studio (me for music, wife for drawing and painting).
----------------------------------------

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Gribs wrote:I pre-ordered from Sweetwater a few weeks ago. I don’t really expect it to arrive until after the new year. If it arrives early then I have problem... will have to box something until I finish the rearrangement work in our studio (me for music, wife for drawing and painting).
It should be there by the 15th so I don’t see why it should as it arrive before Christmas. Perfect Circuit is closer to the port of entry, I imagine Sweetwater’s initial order is in transit.
“no matter how fine you grind the dead meat, you’ll not bring it to life again“

Gribs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gribs » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:51 pm

onthebandwagon wrote:
Gribs wrote:I pre-ordered from Sweetwater a few weeks ago. I don’t really expect it to arrive until after the new year. If it arrives early then I have problem... will have to box something until I finish the rearrangement work in our studio (me for music, wife for drawing and painting).
It should be there by the 15th so I don’t see why it should as it arrive before Christmas. Perfect Circuit is closer to the port of entry, I imagine Sweetwater’s initial order is in transit.
Wow. I know there are quite a few orders ahead of me. I will see. Maybe I need to order that second Jasper's stand I was looking at earlier today right now!

I just put a large shelving unit in our garage today, which will hold lots of bins of less-used stuff and empty boxes that are now in the studio. Our house in MN had a basement with a giant crawlspace. Here we have no basement but a 3-car garage with no cars in it.

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Gribs wrote:
onthebandwagon wrote:
Wow. I know there are quite a few orders ahead of me. I will see. Maybe I need to order that second Jasper's stand I was looking at earlier today right now!

I just put a large shelving unit in our garage today, which will hold lots of bins of less-used stuff and empty boxes that are now in the studio. Our house in MN had a basement with a giant crawlspace. Here we have no basement but a 3-car garage with no cars in it.
Well, I preordered in Sept., hopefully I’m in the first round. I live in nyc where someone would probably pay $500 or more to rent a crawlspace...3 car garage, that might be $1500.

Gribs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gribs » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:34 pm

onthebandwagon wrote:
Gribs wrote:
onthebandwagon wrote:

Well, I preordered in Sept., hopefully I’m in the first round. I live in nyc where someone would probably pay $500 or more to rent a crawlspace...3 car garage, that might be $1500.
I live in the Bay Area where we sold the 2600+ sq foot home on a wooded park-side lot 10 minutes away from 3M and in a safe neighborhood with top-tier schools in MN that we owned and used the proceeds to put 25% down on the house we are in now and my commute to Sunnyvale on the corporate shuttle + drive to and from the park-and-ride consumes four hours of my day. We had "just" a two-car garage in MN. At least we have a decent view, our kids go to good schools, and our neighborhood is safe. If I pay off our mortgage I will be 82 when we are done. My wife says I qualify for what she calls a "super-commuter." The corporate shuttle is pretty full.

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:57 pm

Gribs wrote:
onthebandwagon wrote:
Gribs wrote:
onthebandwagon wrote:

I live in the Bay Area where we sold the 2600+ sq foot home on a wooded park-side lot 10 minutes away from 3M and in a safe neighborhood with top-tier schools in MN that we owned and used the proceeds to put 25% down on the house we are in now and my commute to Sunnyvale on the corporate shuttle + drive to and from the park-and-ride consumes four hours of my day. We had "just" a two-car garage in MN. At least we have a decent view, our kids go to good schools, and our neighborhood is safe. If I pay off our mortgage I will be 82 when we are done. My wife says I qualify for what she calls a "super-commuter." The corporate shuttle is pretty full.
Well I guess that’s why so many people are moving to Idaho and such... but at least you can still afford to live relatively close to SF (comparatively), and hopefully not to far to from the ocean, which is in my mind the main appeal of living in a coastal state. I would move to Wisconsin perhaps but would miss the ocean and also being just a few hours closer to Europe.

tehyar
I dream in SciFi

Post by tehyar » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Got a call that mine is on the way. :hyper:

In preparation I started poking around in the manual. Anyone else checked it out yet? The analogies used to describe functionality are pretty funny. "The Mutant modules affect an oscillator the same way a mask or lipstick affect a face". Lots of odd stuff like that. It's a fairly comprehensive manual as manuals go.

mmp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by mmp » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:54 pm

Sweetwater shipped mine today.

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Same.

Gribs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gribs » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:01 am

onthebandwagon wrote: Well I guess that’s why so many people are moving to Idaho and such... but at least you can still afford to live relatively close to SF (comparatively), and hopefully not to far to from the ocean, which is in my mind the main appeal of living in a coastal state. I would move to Wisconsin perhaps but would miss the ocean and also being just a few hours closer to Europe.
Yeah. I looked at good places to retire, and just about all of them are in areas I don't want to live. Minnesota is actually really nice, other than the weather, which keeps getting milder as global warming hits. Also, the health care and schools tend to be good.

I moved here for the job. Nothing more, nothing less. We are about 35 miles from the ocean. It is an easy day trip. Our kids like that.

Anyway, my Hydrasynth hasn't shipped yet, but I did order another Jaspers rack and some extra holders to put groove boxes and stuff on it. I tried ordering from Thomann this time instead of Jaspers directly. They contacted me and told me the package is too large to qualify for their 30 euros flat shipping rate; it is 80 euros instead. That is sort of cheesy. I am considering it a test run for other gear that is tough to get in the US. It would be nice if the Hydrasynth would arrive before the holiday week, but it is okay if it doesn't. I am guess some of the other folks above who have theirs on the way preordered much earlier.

Flux302
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Flux302 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:14 am

Did another live stream session where I show a bunch of tips and tricks.
----------------------------------
FluxWithIt.com
Youtube.com/Flux302
The SynthSummitShow (Live show)
----------------------------------

Shakespeare
Common Wiggler

Post by Shakespeare » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:29 am

Did any of you who've received shipping notification order from PC?

EDIT: just received mine :bananaguitar:

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:30 pm

The Hydrasynth surprised the hell out of me by actually sounding as good or better than many of polys out that are actually analogue. And the most surprising thing that it matched 1 to 1 with my modular.

A/D demo back and forth Hydra and modular: saw and square detuned:

http://www.rewiremusic.com/Audio/Demos/ModularHydra.wav

Dan

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:40 pm

I have not read anything negative so far from the people who have received their units. Did you get the desktop or keys? Mine arrives tomorrow...

Peake
I'm in ur DIY. Filling cases with Buchla

Post by Peake » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:13 pm

This is not the place I'd imagined it to be.

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:33 pm

This Kool-Aide is very tasty, anyone know what’s in it?

samodasuki
Learning to Wiggle

Post by samodasuki » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:56 pm

looks pretty good

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:45 pm

Even an idiot can understand the manual. Reminds me of some sort of tutorial given out at an employment agency...

Divinital

Post by Divinital » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:53 am

It's currently in stock... Might have to snag one one sale at $1,169.00 currently... Probably wouldn't lose much if I decided to sell it.

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:58 am

Seems like the keys version is still in stock at certain retailers but the desktop currently has a waiting list.

Divinital

Post by Divinital » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:16 am

I'm going after the keyboard which is still in stock and on sale... FML... I can't decide whether to snatch one or get the Argon8.

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:18 am

Divinital wrote:I'm going after the keyboard which is still in stock and on sale... FML... I can't decide whether to snatch one or get the Argon8.
I sort of wish I went for the Argon...

Divinital

Post by Divinital » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:19 am

onthebandwagon wrote:
Divinital wrote:I'm going after the keyboard which is still in stock and on sale... FML... I can't decide whether to snatch one or get the Argon8.
I feel that, I haven't questioned any Argon8 demo I've seen, but the hype and interface of the Hydra is really nice. Can't slap lipstick on a pig tho. The Hydra sounds "distant" to my ears, if that means anything.

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:24 am

Divinital wrote:
onthebandwagon wrote:
I feel that, I haven't questioned any Argon8 demo I've seen, but the hype and interface of the Hydra is really nice. Can't slap lipstick on a pig tho. The Hydra sounds "distant" to my ears, if that means anything.
Yes, seems very capable obviously...but something about it rubs me the wrong way, I revived mine the other day and haven’t even played it so I’m not sure exactly what my issue is...

Return to “General Gear”