XERXES 8-voice polysynth by Black Corporation

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

olix
Learning to Wiggle

Re: XERXES 8-voice polysynth by Black Corporation

Post by olix » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:38 am

:tu:

xandersingh
Common Wiggler

Post by xandersingh » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:16 am

I ordered a Deckard's Dream a little over a week ago. Not only did they get my address wrong (which was a hassle), they sent me a Xerxes instead. Its pretty cool but has a dead voice 8. Several emails sent and no response. Has anyone had a positive customer service experience with Black Corp? Is there a better way to get in touch with them than the contact form on their website?

donato
Common Wiggler

Post by donato » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 pm

xandersingh wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:16 am
I ordered a Deckard's Dream a little over a week ago. Not only did they get my address wrong (which was a hassle), they sent me a Xerxes instead. Its pretty cool but has a dead voice 8. Several emails sent and no response. Has anyone had a positive customer service experience with Black Corp? Is there a better way to get in touch with them than the contact form on their website?
Like it or not, they do things through facebook. Just make a fake account if you don't want to use facebook. It takes all of 2 minutes. They respond usually in a matter of a few hours.

winn3r
Common Wiggler

Post by winn3r » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:29 pm

xandersingh wrote:
Ugh frustrating. Any update? Really wanted to grab one over the DD on my wishlist after hearing that Blade Runner demo, but maybe now I'll wait a bit.
tobb wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:07 pm
I want one but completely bugfree..
:hihi:

estin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by estin » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:33 pm

xandersingh wrote:
Credit card dispute, I find it hard to believe they sent the wrong item (and a broken one) by complete mistake. There are order #'s, packing slips, etc. not to mention a test procedure most equipment goes through before being determined ready to ship.

xandersingh
Common Wiggler

Post by xandersingh » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:48 pm

I did a credit card dispute and they finally emailed me back saying the DD is out of stock and asked me to ship back the xerxes. Really frustrating.

estin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by estin » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:46 pm

^ Pretty sad that is what it took to get a response. Hope they are paying for return shipping too as this clearly was not on you in any way.

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re:

Post by Sir Ruff » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:47 am

onthebandwagon wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:21 pm
tobb wrote:Can somebody please explain me the 'tactics' behind having demo gear by a person who have basic knowledge about synthesizers and can't play keyboard?
Maybe he showed them the fascinating objects he planned to place around the synth and that immediately won them over.
:D

Yeah, really have to wonder about the merit of this. It’s a pretty big turn off when someone describes everything after the oscillators as “weird analog stuff”.

Clearly aiming for a demographic that doesn’t care about the technical details.
Benjamin Vraja (1950-1996) - Anthology: https://benjaminvraja.bandcamp.com/album/anthology

brokensolderingiron
Common Wiggler

Post by brokensolderingiron » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:09 pm

xandersingh wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:48 pm
I did a credit card dispute and they finally emailed me back saying the DD is out of stock and asked me to ship back the xerxes. Really frustrating.
Unbelievable crappy!

Corneliusw
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Corneliusw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:39 am

Does anyone have a midi CC list for the Xerxes? Thanks!

Return to “General Gear”