new Kilpatrick desktop hardware

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Voltage_Controller
Common Wiggler

new Kilpatrick desktop hardware

Post by Voltage_Controller » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:47 pm

A desktop compressor and verb unit coming from kilpatrick audio.

Intrigued by the compressor. I dislike display screens, but if the price on this is good, I might scoop one up.

http://www.kilpatrickaudio.com/?p=torque
“The only truth is music.” ― Kerouac

shamann
_

Post by shamann » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:43 pm

I wish I didn't feel a bit negative on these, but I'm struggling to see how these aren't just plugins in a box. The hardware interface isn't so hands-on as to be all that enticing, you can already get pretty low latency with a computer, and it's still mostly just staring at a screen. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd still need to be convinced of their sonic excellence before considering.

dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

Post by dogoftears » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:14 pm

shamann wrote:I wish I didn't feel a bit negative on these, but I'm struggling to see how these aren't just plugins in a box. The hardware interface isn't so hands-on as to be all that enticing, you can already get pretty low latency with a computer, and it's still mostly just staring at a screen. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd still need to be convinced of their sonic excellence before considering.
i strongly agree, and have gone into some detail in the already-existing thread:
viewtopic.php?t=195323&highlight=
music and mastering: http://xexify.com
Nelson Baboon wrote:I have made America great again.

Voltage_Controller
Common Wiggler

Post by Voltage_Controller » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:20 pm

my bad - did a search and didn't see the existing thread.

apologies.
:oops:
“The only truth is music.” ― Kerouac

hamildad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hamildad » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:10 pm

dogoftears wrote: personally i find multiband compression pretty lame to begin with-- one of the most overused/abused plug ins of the last decade-- sticking it in a hardware box for people to run their analog synths through just makes me puke in my mouth a little.
Dude, if a product like this keeps making you sick in your mouth, stop answering threads about it!

Don't do that to yourself! Walk away...
My Synth Instagram here * My Synth videos here
-
External PSUs and DC jacks are the hallmarks of toys. - Graham Hinton.
-
I am one of the "tiny fraction of a percentage of oversensitive idiots" who feels the name of this site sends the wrong message.
-
This is primarily for melody and historical educational purposes - Analogue Music

Return to “General Gear”