Guess what's coming from Behringer...

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:51 pm

thetwlo wrote:
Panason wrote:The Beurorack will fix this. Then we can have banal analog farts at much lower prices. Bodular jams will be de rigueur on soshal medja.

People are the worse.
yup, Banalism. No reason to innovate or create Mr. B will do it for you.
[video][/video]
Some trivia - according to Jerry Casale Mr. B's Ballroom was a real place in L.A., which he described as "seedy and nasty".

lilakmonoke
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lilakmonoke » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:41 am

thats all fine and dandy but you are way OT with devo as i fail to see the connection to behringer. analog dog farts can be made with any eurocrack and by the thousands, my friend!

Sounds From The Shed
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Sounds From The Shed » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:46 am

I just want the Pro One, really looking forward to it. Can't wait to do some proper demos of it, I know it's been sent out to certain youtubers, but it needs to be played properly, put in the hands of a real fan, not a shill.

lilakmonoke
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lilakmonoke » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:27 am

but it needs to be played properly, put in the hands of a real fan, not a shill.
behringer stuff has no equal so they can actually get away with total dweebs "demoing" their gear. my favourite is the infamous italian syth guru who excelled at one hour of clueless knob twiddling in this video. his face is one long WTF moment :-)

[video][/video]

Sounds From The Shed
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Sounds From The Shed » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:33 pm

lilakmonoke wrote:
but it needs to be played properly, put in the hands of a real fan, not a shill.
behringer stuff has no equal so they can actually get away with total dweebs "demoing" their gear. my favourite is the infamous italian syth guru who excelled at one hour of clueless knob twiddling in this video. his face is one long WTF moment :-)

[video][/video]

Let's call them out

Bo Beats
DivKid
Cuckoo
Andrew Huang(i especially hate him, seriously he fucks me off )
loopop
molten music

feel free to add more

Torn n Frayed
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Torn n Frayed » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Sounds From The Shed wrote:
lilakmonoke wrote:

[video][/video]

Let's call them out

Bo Beats
DivKid
Cuckoo
loopop
molten music

feel free to add more
Sounds from the Shed.

lilakmonoke
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lilakmonoke » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:57 pm

thats all fine and dandy but imagine all this with a seriously good youtube demo! i mean it can actually be done. after seeing the guru fail so abysmally i even mailed behringer about it and offered to do one for free. sadly im no guru so no cigar ...
loopop
yep, that one. every time i have to listen to one of his "in depth xplainin" i choke because he is like your worst dad who knows everything but actually just memorized the manual. i doubt he even made one track in his life!
Last edited by lilakmonoke on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Man-In-A-Suitcase

Post by Man-In-A-Suitcase » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:59 pm

Sounds From The Shed wrote:
lilakmonoke wrote:

[video][/video]

Let's call them out

Bo Beats
DivKid
Cuckoo
loopop
molten music

feel free to add more
Cuckoo is the Bob Ross of gear vids.

daveholiday
Veteran Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Wow, this is amazing....A Behringer thread that has gone sour and resorted to name calling. Is this really happening? (again)

===Moderator Insertion===

This thread has been pruned and cleaned. Thus, the above might come off as overly alarmist of sensitive. It was much worse before.
===
It is all shits and giggles,

until somebody giggles and shits.

Arneb
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Arneb » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Though this time around it's about YT synthluencers, which is a new twist of sorts.

lilakmonoke
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lilakmonoke » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:07 pm

A Behringer thread that has gone sour and resorted to name calling
naw, we just are calling it like it is and that demo scene is absolutely relevant because behringer seems to be still figuring it out. ONLY for once we are having amazing products that i think will sell themselves and dont need to rely on BS social marketeering.
i was doing demos for a quite well known synth maker, afterwards I went out for a meal
thats interesting info about the exclusives i was wondering how this all works and where all these characters are coming from. some of them are the real deal like huang who definitely knows how to actually produce ... although he is annoying i have to agree.

if you want to see how it is done correctly, listen to nick batt from sonic labs: no BS, no waving your hands around or wearing funny hats, just plain synth content from a brilliant collegue.

in a world of blind folks the one eyed man is king as the saying goes!
Last edited by lilakmonoke on Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Shledge and Sounds From the Shed have both been put on a temporary (if they want) time out and are barred from the forum for a short period of time.

The moderators are tired of people not being able to communicate in a generous and adult fashion. A reminder that should really not be necessary in 2019: DO NOT SLANDER OR PROJECT RELIGION UPON A PERSON. Seriously.

I'm cleaning this thread and will ponder whether to delete it entirely. Feel free to discuss your most favored or detested gear reviewers but do so with objectivity and grace. It is perfectly fine to find some of the reviewers insufferable. I can think of 3 that drive me bananas and I don't watch their stuff. I know what is meant by the forum members. The style of some people can be annoying. That’s cool but please discuss it in a noble or semi-restrained manner.

Be good or be gone, folks. a.k.a. "Don't Be A Douche".

Exhaustedly yours,

Kent
Last edited by Kent on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

gentle_attack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gentle_attack » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:49 pm

lilakmonoke wrote:

[video][/video]
That video is amazing. Can I haz wigglin?

Expert knob twiddler, he is not.
Control Skiff ||Big Case || cv.ocd || TT303v2 || Manther || OP-1 OP-Lab|| Octatrack Digitone RYTM || BX-8 BX-16 || Monologue KP3+

Jim the Oldbie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Jim the Oldbie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:11 pm

He should really be demoing the Model D.

See, because the whole interminable goddamn thing is, well... in the key of...

<ahem>

Hey! The pizza's here.

_PlusTwo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by _PlusTwo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:13 pm

Yay for behringer, even more yay for my wallet :bananaguitar:

Panason
is banned
is banned

Post by Panason » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:34 pm

calaveras
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by calaveras » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:04 pm

thetwlo wrote:
Panason wrote:The Beurorack will fix this. Then we can have banal analog farts at much lower prices. Bodular jams will be de rigueur on soshal medja.

People are the worse.
yup, Banalism. No reason to innovate or create Mr. B will do it for you.
[video][/video]
lol

lilakmonoke
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lilakmonoke » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:22 am

Shledge and Sounds From the Shed have both been put on a temporary (if they want) time out
stern measures but good moderating indeed! these dudes seem to be caught in a space/time loop and need a time out to escape.
Expert knob twiddler, he is not.
apparently being an italian synth guru doesnt qualify you for modular gear. he seems to be confused by all the dials and sockets as in "if i twiddle this, it does what?!" but then why use that as promotional material? and one hour of it?
Last edited by lilakmonoke on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muzone
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Muzone » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:12 am

lilakmonoke wrote: .....if you want to see how it is done correctly, listen to nick batt from sonic labs: no BS, no waving your hands around or wearing funny hats, just plain synth content from a brilliant collegue.
Sonic Labs are usually good demos, but I recall a fair few that were little more than knob twiddling oooh- aaahs, mainly the one's with Nick and Gaz in tandem - the AS Impulse Control was a recent example.

All the major YT "influencers" can be a bit naff at times, but I've usually picked up a reasonable idea of what the item does and how it sounds from their vids.
Given many items are not around in high street stores to demo that's what most of us are stuck with - maybe if more of the highly skilled members of the "community" posted great demo vids of new kit they bought we'd be in a better place ?

Licudi
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Licudi » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:19 am

lilakmonoke wrote:apparently being an italian synth guru doesnt qualify you for modular gear. he seems to be confused by all the dials and sockets as in "if i twiddle this, it does what?!" but then why use that as promotional material? and one hour of it?
For more of the same, see Gaz Williams' clueless fumbling with the Neutron.

lilakmonoke
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lilakmonoke » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:32 am

lilakmonoke wrote:

[video][/video]
actually, im just now listening only to the audio of the video and it sounds RAD. minimal electro, release right there!

Panason
is banned
is banned

Post by Panason » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:41 am

The synth guru is supposed to look deeply thoughtful as he assesses the hidden capabilities of the synth, and savours nuances completely missed by the untrained ear! He is no raving kid but a serious pro who takes wiggling extremely seriously.

lilakmonoke
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lilakmonoke » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:49 am

well put my friend! if you listen just to the audio you can clearly hear him zone into certain segments on the fly. the hands are confusing, the man is the real deal and i repent!

Raglani
EMS blasphemer

Post by Raglani » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:23 am

Been gone for a minute. Is this VCS3 clone really gonna happen? Any news? Just a pic of a pin matrix?

Panason
is banned
is banned

Post by Panason » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:26 am

People on GS are convinced that a BS-80 is coming. (Yes, a CS-80 clone). So that they can do their best Vangelis impersonations in their man cave.

Return to “General Gear”