New Synton synth

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

dopefiend
Likes SHOUTING!

New Synton synth

Post by dopefiend » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Noisemakers: Maracas. Squeaky shoes. Bean-induced flatulence.
An oncologist is like The Lone Ranger: he is chemo savvy.

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Keyboard look like it will take some getting used to in this more traditional form, or will it be easier :hmm:

moog55
Wiggling with Experience

Post by moog55 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:14 am

Surprised there isn't more discussion about this. Seems like a great synth.

t-bone
Common Wiggler

Post by t-bone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Hes not selling the synth. He just built that to show off the keyboard. The keys are the only thing for sale

sinowhy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sinowhy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:58 pm

t-bone wrote:Hes not selling the synth. He just built that to show off the keyboard. The keys are the only thing for sale
He talks about selling it as a 3 oct 2 voice with a syrinx layout - simpler than whats in the video, and also producing larger standalone keyboards.

pelican
Ultra Wiggler

Post by pelican » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:02 pm

He said probably not, but maybe. I wouldn't count on it
WTB: Yamaha dx-11 manual

sinowhy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sinowhy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:49 pm

From the video.

Q: Is your intention to develop the keyboard or to develop the synthesizer or to develop both?

A: Actually I think.. we will do both.

[He talks about doing a weighted 88 key standalone keyboard
cont..]

A: We could also do a simple synthesizer keyboard.. this is way too complicated for performer [referring to the prototype synth with 50+ pots]... he doesn't want to fiddle around, unless you make presets.

A: It will probably be a simpler synthesizer than this.. with more direct control.. and it would have, as had the syrinx, an interesting filter section.

CoreInside
Veteran Wiggler

Post by CoreInside » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:54 am

They're looking for feedback. It's easy for them to design a synth, but it's less fun building one. Bert has always built things for his friends. I'm sure they'd love to hear opinions and ideas. I told Bert I love the sound of 3 square wave oscillators together on fenix1 then he added that feature on fenix 2. Bert said he didn't have anyone to collaborate with because his friend moved to Spain. He also said he didn't get good feedback when he made the fenixxl prototypes. (I met him in Utrecht when I picked up my fenix in person around 2012). I don't know if Bert is working on this but it's on the fenix website. http://dutchsynth.nl/syntonovo.html
Last edited by CoreInside on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimmie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jimmie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:11 am

That keyboard is super interesting! I really hope it'll be available not far future and too expensive. I don't have the seaboard but touched only once, and didn't quite like the feeling. Haken continuum is out of reach...

For synth side, even syrinx reissue would be so lovely...

Michael O.
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Michael O. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:25 pm

This keyboard looks really great, it seems incredibly expressive like a cs-80 keyboard. I'd love to have a keyboard unit with cv outs for all the different parameters, but would be even more interested in a new Synton synth or modules! The Syrinx and Fenix are really special :tu:

stikygum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by stikygum » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Michael O. wrote:This keyboard looks really great, it seems incredibly expressive like a cs-80 keyboard. I'd love to have a keyboard unit with cv outs for all the different parameters, but would be even more interested in a new Synton synth or modules! The Syrinx and Fenix are really special :tu:
I agree, I want to see a Syrinx and Fenix again. Those are really nice sounding instruments. This keyboard is incredible though. I want one.

ranix

Post by ranix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:14 pm

I would buy one, it would replace the Minibrute as my primary CV controller for the big 5u system

Depending on how crazy the synthesizer attached is, I could be convinced to part with multiple :75: s

flo
Space Jack

Post by flo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:27 pm

The video just popped up in my YT feed - amazing! :sb: :nana:

sinowhy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sinowhy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:28 pm

stikygum wrote: I agree, I want to see a Syrinx and Fenix again. Those are really nice sounding instruments. This keyboard is incredible though. I want one.
That was my vote, a 3 octave version a la syrinx, and an 88 key standalone keyboard.

I don't see how they got this sensitive keyboard to actually work though.. has there been any other info released on it?

CopperHydra
Common Wiggler

Post by CopperHydra » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:33 pm

:goo: keywiggler :goo:

Return to “General Gear”