New gear from Behringer, what would you like to see happen.?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

thispoison
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: New gear from Behringer, what would you like to see happen.?

Post by thispoison » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:12 pm

:hail:
Where have I seen you before?
Same place you saw me, I expect.
I've got a good face for memories.

https://soundcloud.com/thispoison-1

Dave Peck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dave Peck » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm

ersatzplanet wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:42 pm
I would love for them to make a modern Nord Modular G2 keyboard. One that had an easy to update editor to run on all the major operating systems.
There's no longer any need to connect a synth like this to an external computer. It could be designed with a tiny embedded PC built in, the size of a credit card, with a small solid state drive to host the lean OS and provide various other storage functions. Add ports for KYBD, mouse, and monitor. Completely stand-alone super synth, no need to keep it updated to keep working with newer computers. Thus, avoiding one of the reasons the NM/G2 ceased production.

:cloud:

Although I'd really rather see this done by Clavia.

RickKleffel
Wiggling with Experience

Post by RickKleffel » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:43 pm

This:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trentpmcd
Wiggling with Experience

Post by trentpmcd » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:41 pm

Straight up clones are fine, but why stop there?

I like the idea of starting with a classic clone and then pushing the limits, sort of like what they did with the Poly-D but even farther. Make it so you can still get the classic sounds when you want/need to, but also have the ability to create modern, complex sounds.

With the Poly-D they could (should!) have done things like allow pwm when you chose a square, perhaps allow osc 2 to synch to osc 1 (and 4 to 3) in mono mode (and in the duo mode they don’t have). Same with ring mod – another nob (or two) for ring mod osc 1 & 2 (second for 3 and 4). Allow the chorus to be controlled, at least the basic level. Another, assignable envelope. Etc. It could have been a “must have” synth with just a few more tweaks, now it is just an interesting synth. I would put a few more hundred towards such an instrument while I am giving the Poly-D a pass.

The other thing, I would like to see a lot more patch points on their clones. I have a model D and often play with the patch points, but it is limited. Since they are making them Euro sized, make them more Euro integrated (When I play with patch points, it is with MU, but you know what I mean…)

So, yeah, no issues with them doing a lot of the instruments talked about here, but lets push the envelope....

tenembre

Post by tenembre » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:21 pm

Funch wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:30 pm
thispoison wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:19 pm
Divinital wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:57 pm
Nothing, literally, I hope they package "nothing", not even air, just a cheap vacuum in perhaps a bit of plastic and sell it. Haven't been interested in anything they've offered so far.
No point in being in this thread then, but yet you are? :despair:
don't despair.

Divinital presented a valid pov and has every right to present that pov on any behringer thread.
and probably will :roll:

Divinital

Post by Divinital » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:58 pm

tenembre wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:21 pm
:roll:

winn3r
Common Wiggler

Post by winn3r » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:27 pm

How about a Lyra-B 'Organismic' ambient synthesizer :hihi:
Preamp collector

:rocket: WTB Moog Model 15 reissue

nectarios
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nectarios » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:27 am

3 x CEM3340 VCO poly with DeepMind's effects section (with effects parameters as modulation destinations) and with the Andromeda's architecture, including the "Pre Filter" mixer section. 8 voices would be good, although 16 voices would seal the deal.

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:13 am

a modular midas analogue desk with inline channels, proper eq, 8 sends (all pre/post) - no fancy stuff.
100-300 $ per channel so that it's going to be half-way affordable compared to the new ssl orgin.

:cookiemonster:
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

Carefully crafted dj set meandering between deep house, minimal and electro.

Technologear?
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Technologear? » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:41 am

slumberjack wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:13 am
a modular midas analogue desk with inline channels, proper eq, 8 sends (all pre/post) - no fancy stuff.
100-300 $ per channel so that it's going to be half-way affordable compared to the new ssl orgin.
With adjustable high and low pass filters as part of the eq. Optional cv modulation module that can control various send levels. The euro rack addicts ultimate mixer.
Yes, this.

I'd also like to see them stick to cloning only synths that are long gone, not ones currently in production by active competitors.

A hardware sampler with individual outs would be great, no audio over USB only stuff.

Keep cloning string synths.

And continue the rack gear clones like the eqp kt and 76 kt but in stereo!

nectarios
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nectarios » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:19 am

Technologear? wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:41 am

I have 2 76-KTs and its very easy to dial in the same settings and use for stereo signals.
I have 2 x KT-2As on order too.

Insane value for money the 76-KT and I am told that KT-2A is even better.

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:28 am

nectarios wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:19 am
Technologear? wrote:

I have 2 76-KTs and its very easy to dial in the same settings and use for stereo signals.

i was wondering if those klark products were good enough compared to something a bit more expensive like drawmer.
there's a need for stereo eq and compressor created by my gas and i don't know if it's justified to spend a couple of grands.
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

nectarios
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nectarios » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:41 am

slumberjack wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:28 am
nectarios wrote:
Technologear? wrote:

i was wondering if those klark products were good enough compared to something a bit more expensive like drawmer.
there's a need for stereo eq and compressor created by my gas and i don't know if it's justified to spend a couple of grands.
Haven't used Drawmer products but compared to my old DBX266, Alesis 3630, Joemeek SC 2.2/VC1QCs (yeah they're opto compressors and 76-KT is FET), TLAudio Ivory series, this 76-KT sounds at least as good, in a different way and definitely better than my UAD 1176 software clones which normally cost 299€ (although you get Rev A, Rev E, and AE)...and the 76-KT costs 199€.

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:46 am

nectarios wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:41 am
slumberjack wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:28 am
nectarios wrote:
Technologear? wrote:

Haven't used Drawmer products but compared to my old DBX266, Alesis 3630, Joemeek SC 2.2/VC1QCs (yeah they're opto compressors and 76-KT is FET), TLAudio Ivory series, this 76-KT sounds at least as good, in a different way and definitely better than my UAD 1176 software clones which normally cost 299€ (although you get Rev A, Rev E, and AE)...and the 76-KT costs 199€.
thx for the sum up :)
> WTB ADDAC502 <

deltaphoenix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by deltaphoenix » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:08 am

I would like to see Behringer release a clone of the Crumar Spirit. I really enjoyed all of its X-mod capabilities and it’s sound in general when I had a chance to play one. Obviously, a few updates like Midi and some patch points would be welcome.

I think if Behringer focused on more rare synths that are also highly coveted then they would be doing more of a solid for the synth community.

numan7
the most autistic amongst us

Post by numan7 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:40 am

nectarios wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:27 am
3 x CEM3340 VCO poly with DeepMind's effects section (with effects parameters as modulation destinations) and with the Andromeda's architecture, including the "Pre Filter" mixer section. 8 voices would be good, although 16 voices would seal the deal.
:hmm: i'd like to see something similar for the successor to (or next in the series of) the deepmind... but i think 2 fully implemented analog vcos per voice, starting with jupiter-8 as the base architecture as deepmind did with juno-106 - maybe adding in a 3rd user-programmable digital osc, would suffice for me. the andromeda mixers would certainly be nice though. and 8 stereo voices switchable to 16 voices mono would be ideal i think.

also, they (behringer's pr folks on facebook, that is) recently wrote that they envisioned the poly-aftertouch keyboard developed for their cs-80 clone becoming the foundation for a future product line (or something to that effect). so that too.

:cat:

cheers
"the ordinary will ignore whatever they cannot explain as if nothing ever happened. and everything remains the same again..."

nectarios
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nectarios » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:43 am

That'd be cool too. I learned to appreciate 2 VCOs + wavetable osc on my Minilogue XD, which has turned out to be an extremely versatile synth and gets used a lot.
But I always wanted a Memorymoog but of course don't want to pay collector prices and deal with tuning/maintenance.

toxoplasma_gondii
Common Wiggler

Post by toxoplasma_gondii » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:10 am

Technologear? wrote:
This. I am hoping that their next clone will be the 670-KT stereo tube compressor.

nectarios
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nectarios » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:12 am

toxoplasma_gondii wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:10 am
Technologear? wrote:
This. I am hoping that their next clone will be the 670-KT stereo tube compressor.
Seeing as the SSL 4000 is the hot box to clone (see Warm Audio's latest announcement), a 4K-KT might be next. Time will tell.

dopefiend
Likes SHOUTING!

Post by dopefiend » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:44 am

They’ve been capitalizing off the hitherto-highly-coveted analog classics, and they seem to be making a killing. Good for them, I guess.
But if I could place a request, I would ask for a clone of another piece of unobtainium that is NOT analog: the Synclavier. They could produce a copy of the Synclavier II keyboard, with additive, FM and resynthesis options.
Or what about the DK Synergy? Or the GDS?
Or what about a hibrid of those 2 in a package called the Synclavenergy? :hihi:

Guess what? It would sink like a lead surfboard. Other than a shitload of presets, they would not provide the immediate gratification of a beknobbed, straightforward analog me-too instrument. Not a big seller.

Besides, this could be easily achieved with software (it already is, thanks to Arturia and SynclavierGo).

So, thank you for the opportunity to do some imaginative mental masturbation. Fun.

Feliz Año Nuevo!
Noisemakers: Maracas. Squeaky shoes. Bean-induced flatulence.
An oncologist is like The Lone Ranger: he is chemo savvy.

strawberry
Common Wiggler

Post by strawberry » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:02 am

Roland Space Echo :hail: :hail: :hail:

cnicht
Veteran Wiggler

Post by cnicht » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:39 am

RickKleffel wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:43 pm
This:
download/file.php?id=34507

Lose the keyboard add a sequencer, lose the speakers add second envelope and an LFO-S/H :yay:

StillNotWorking
Veteran Wiggler

Post by StillNotWorking » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:56 am

strawberry wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:02 am
Roland Space Echo :hail: :hail: :hail:
If mechanical 'wonder' machines are of fascination EF-X2 might be of interest?

I'm from the days when one gigged with the Roland's. Or should I say — wasting money and time with the echo in the repair shop and us utilizing lend spring reverbs and later the early low cost digials :mrgreen:

With all the trouble we had the Roland echos and knowing they're where considered the better ones I'm thinking a decade ago I owned a couple of motorised midi fader controllers from B. If they where to set the standards for B's abilities to build electro mechanical devices not sure I cue up to buy any tape device from they're factory — just saying :roll:
looking for service manual for the Clavia ddrum AT or ddrum III

StillNotWorking
Veteran Wiggler

Post by StillNotWorking » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:25 pm

Koekepan wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:10 pm
I'll elaborate on my wish for a workstation.

...snip...

Could Behringer do it?
They certainly have the software chops.
They certainly have the hardware chops.

They have proven that they can produce interesting and novel synthesis tools, along with audio manipulation hardware that plays with the big boys.

I think that they could. I say that they should.

If they could do it in a portable or desktop form factor to compete with the MPC Live, they could rock the world in a surprising way.
Product you describe usually need constant updates and fixes.

From past history I don't beleive B would have much interest in a product like this. My reasoning are that B's product investment are very short lived and rarely get updated unless new products make use of the same development. Course there are no new cost added to the product development you often see B products drop in price from second production run and onwards.

As many adopters of any modern workstation will expect it to integrate well with a computer devices which all to often are sold from a vendor whom do not care if they break backward compatible this kind of product can be risky and costly if something like that should happens within the lifespan EU now want to define for electronic gear.
Which mean B would have to add margins to cover lifelong support to the cost and thereby maybe making competitions gear similar attractive. And just imagen when people ask for DAW integration :)

Smaller companies like Elektron for instance — with limited numbers of products invest more in each product over longer time. This is part of they're buisiness modell and shapes they're product very different than companies outsourcing they're support department and then run customer satisfaction survey each time a customer contact them with no actual care for the problem customer original had.

For my country there aren't even an official repair center for any of the Tribe's products any more — which to me indicate they are streamlining they're approach with low cost customer support — or have problem finding partners willing to work with them. Both good reason to be concerned for any working musican I think.
Not sure if this is the reason second hand D's and DM's are hard to sell here though. Or if the marked got saturated and buyers rather prefer devices with valid receipt and warranty if they can't have at least 50% discount off current street price.

Anyway, a stereo Pultec style EQ in 1U case with better transformers would be interesting. Even better if where made so its easily could be modifyed by the DIY community. If the KT-76 had been build like that more people might be interested to buy it in multiples and try to make it sound more in character like many of the kits do better job of. Mabe something for the stereoversjon :)
looking for service manual for the Clavia ddrum AT or ddrum III

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:12 pm

Dave Peck wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm
ersatzplanet wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:42 pm
I would love for them to make a modern Nord Modular G2 keyboard. One that had an easy to update editor to run on all the major operating systems.
There's no longer any need to connect a synth like this to an external computer. It could be designed with a tiny embedded PC built in, the size of a credit card, with a small solid state drive to host the lean OS and provide various other storage functions. Add ports for KYBD, mouse, and monitor. Completely stand-alone super synth, no need to keep it updated to keep working with newer computers. Thus, avoiding one of the reasons the NM/G2 ceased production.
You are correct if the unit had connections for a mouse and a display. The display especially since I have many patches on my G2 that barely fit the screen I use now. The computer doesn't need to be much for the editing part since the heavy lifting is done by the unit itself. Small computers have come quite a long way from when the Clavia was built. DSP has come a long way too.
Dave Peck wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm
Although I'd really rather see this done by Clavia.
Me too, but they are making too much money from lead synths, organs, and sample players. Their target is the gigging musician now, not the modular synthesist.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Return to “General Gear”