The big LepLoop, ArpoLoop, Arpopone, Lumanoise & Multicassa Thread

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

The big LepLoop, ArpoLoop, Arpopone, Lumanoise & Multicassa Thread

Post by flx » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:13 am

I just finished filming demo videos for the most recent Lumanoise models, and since there isn't one general thread about them and the other Leploop products, I thought I'd create this one, because they all share similar concepts and sound great together.

You can watch all my videos in this playlist:

Lumanoise:

The Lumanoise family consists of small, light-controlled synthesizers built into nice wooden boxes. As of Jan 2017, there have been six Lumanoise models released, all with a different sound generation concept. They all share light control via LDRs though and have a self-oscillating low pass filter on board. Pitch control usually happens via light control, although there are usually pitch range switches to narrow the frequencies down a bit and some models have pitch knobs as well.

Here's the Lumanoise website with all the models:
https://lumanoise.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

Lumanoise v1:
Square and sawtooth oscillators with individual pitch range switches and pitch control LDRs. LPF with manually or light controlled cutoff frequency.

Lumanoise v2:

Square and sawtooth oscillators with individual pitch range switches and pitch control LDRs, as well as two Trautonium-inspired sub-oscillators with pitch knobs. LPF with manually or light controlled cutoff frequency.

Lumanoise v3

Two sawtooth oscillators (one low one high pitch) and a static weird noise generator. One master pitch range switch and pitch LDR. 3.5mm jack socket to connect an external variable resistor for pitch control. LPF with manually or light controlled cutoff frequency.

Lumanoise v4:

Four Trautonium-inspired oscillators with individual pitch knobs, a master pitch range switch, master pitch LDR and a weird master transpose knob. Also features external LDR 3.5mm socket. LPF with manually or light controlled cutoff frequency.

Lumanoise v5:

This one is a bit different. It features a high gain audio input, which receives waves from an attachable solar panel (included) to use as a sound source. You can also connect any other audio source to the device via its 3.5mm input socket, e.g. contact mic, guitar, audio player, synth, etc. Additionally there is a weird noise source. LPF with manually or light controlled cutoff frequency.

808 Cymbal Drone Generator:
Six oscillators with fixed frequencies. LPF with manually or light controlled cutoff frequency. Also available as Eurorack module.

Multicassa:

The Multicassa is a small analog drum machine, with three voices and an awesome clock-divider sequencer, which can trigger the sounds at different velocities. The current version features multiple analog inputs and outputs (individual voice outs, clock in & out, trigger ins & outs) to interface it with other gear.

Multicassa website:
http://www.nazzilla.com/lep-loop/

Multicassa 2016 (current model):

Old version:

LepLoop groovebox:

The Leploop groovebox combines the Multicassa's percussion with synth parts also found in the Lumanoise products. There is no light control, but a MIDI input, CV inputs and outputs and a 4-track sequencer with up to 64 steps each. Sounds are created via two VCOs, a noise source, a Cassa percussion source, a 24dB low-pass filter, envelopes, VCAs and an LFO, which can all be routed to interact in very unusual and fun ways.

Leploop website:
http://www.nazzilla.com/lep-loop/

Leploop demo:

Leploop sounds:

LepLoop Arpopone

It's a bass line and chord melody generator with the typical Leploop sound and features, like clock dividers, several oscillators and a LPF. It's based on clock and audio frequency division to create various notes from a main oscillators. For the melody generation there are two arpeggiators, which can rise or fall and which offer variable step count.

Here's a quick tryout jam, together with the Bastl Thyme delay:

And here's a blog entry with information now:
http://tonylight-leploop.blogspot.com/2 ... e.html?m=1

Arrrr! Finally! An Arpopone demo video:

LepLoop ArpoLoop

Hmmm, mysterious! Looks like a new groovebox prototype from Tony. An analog arpeggio synth with a drum section.

:cloud:
To buy any of the products, you have to write Tonylight an email to this address:
tonylight222 [at] gmail [dot] com

:party: Music:

Leploop groovebox jam:

Lumanoise & Multicassa light jam:

Lumanoise, Multicassa & Buddha Machine jam:

Leploop groovebox & Eurorack jam:

Another Lumanoise & Multicassa light jam:
Last edited by flx on Thu May 14, 2020 7:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
You can also find and contact me here:
tuesdaynightmachines@gmail.com
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:44 am

There are also some schematics on the Lumanoise DIY page:
https://lumanoise.blogspot.de/p/diy.html

... and the Lumanoise synths are also available as DIY kits:
https://lumanoise.blogspot.de/p/buy.html
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:37 am

Do you know if anyone sells the Multicassa in the USA and if anyone besides Error Instruments does at all?

Dankeschön

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:08 am

SewerBadger wrote:Do you know if anyone sells the Multicassa in the USA and if anyone besides Error Instruments does at all?
Schneidersladen sells some of Tony's instruments in Germany, but you should best ask him directly about acquiring a Multicassa in the States:

tonylight222 [at] gmail [dot] com

On the Lumanoise website it says that tracked shipping to the US is just 15€.
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

pwilson
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pwilson » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:13 am

Very cool, thanks

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:38 am

pwilson wrote:Very cool, thanks
You're welcome. I've been thinking about a briefcase with USB powered light sources and a bunch of those synths in there, as a portable light orchestra :yay:
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

Muzone
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Muzone » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 am

First post here from long(ish)-term lurker !!

Just ordered a couple of these - Tony seems a chilled out guy who answered a couple of questions by return - units are made to order, usually ready a week after you agree to buy.

Looking forward to playing with these (a v2 and a v4), thanks to flx for starting the thread :D

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:07 am

Muzone wrote: Just ordered a couple of these - Tony seems a chilled out guy who answered a couple of questions by return - units are made to order, usually ready a week after you agree to buy.
Tony is indeed really chill! Here's an interview I did with him at last year's Noise.Kitchen synth fest in Brno, where the new Lumanosie models where revealed:

[video][/video]
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

justscratch
Common Wiggler

Post by justscratch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:37 pm

SewerBadger wrote: Multicassa in the USA
looks like perfect circuit has some in stock

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:12 am

justscratch wrote:
SewerBadger wrote: Multicassa in the USA
looks like perfect circuit has some in stock
Oh right, quite a bunch of them in fact:
https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/pro ... 1063&seg=4

They still have the "old" Multicassa there, without the CV ins & outs (sound and sequencers are the same there though).
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:52 am

I built myself an LED (and drum) sequencer using the Axoloti DSP board, to control the Lumanoise synths in sync with analog clocks - for example from the Multicassa.

Here's a short video of everything in action:
:eyes: :eyes:

... and the thread with more information and pictures:
viewtopic.php?p=2444394#2444394
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

chrisdermo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by chrisdermo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:03 am

I got one of the new version desktop Multicassa's last week. It's ace! Love the wooden enclosure too.
At the moment I have it set up with some wooden friends, the clock output is clocking the sequencer on a meng qi voltage memory, which in turn feeds a ciat lonbarde tetrax.
I have an arcade manifold in there for extra patching options too.
Planning on doing a few quick youtube/instagram demos of the set up soon, will post here when they're done!
:bananaguitar:

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:56 am

chrisdermo wrote:I got one of the new version desktop Multicassa's last week. It's ace! Love the wooden enclosure too.
At the moment I have it set up with some wooden friends, the clock output is clocking the sequencer on a meng qi voltage memory, which in turn feeds a ciat lonbarde tetrax.
I have an arcade manifold in there for extra patching options too.
Planning on doing a few quick youtube/instagram demos of the set up soon, will post here when they're done!
:bananaguitar:
Sounds cool! Post some pictures :)
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

chrisdermo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by chrisdermo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Sorry for the potato qualityImage
Clock master coming from a keystep out of shot.
Two tetrax oscillator direct outs go to the m5 which I use for lfo filter modulation to add more rhythm which receives midi clock from the keystep, and the other two direct osc outs go into the Ms70cdr with a stack of pitch and tap tempo Fx for yet more rhythmic variation. Stereo out from the tetrax goes into the mini kp2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chrisdermo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by chrisdermo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:53 am

Cross post, but here's the multicassa playing with the aforementioned wooden friends.

http://soundcloud.com/dermo/bowed-string-mirage

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:50 am

Here's a little bit about the new LepLoop Arpopone :)

Not much has been heard about this one yet. It's a baseline and chord melody generator with the typical Leploop sound and features, like clock dividers, several oscillators and a LPF. It's based on clock and audio frequency division to create various notes from a main oscillators. For the melody generation there are two arpeggiators, which can rise or fall and which offer variable step count.

Here's a quick tryout jam, together with the Bastl Thyme delay:
[video][/video]
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:48 am

A blog entry has been posted to provide some information about the Arpopone prior to a dedicated website launch:
http://tonylight-leploop.blogspot.com/2 ... e.html?m=1
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

PLNB
Common Wiggler

Post by PLNB » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Arpopone sounds promising and funky. More demos please :yay:

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:40 am

Arrrr! Finally! An Arpopone demo video:
[video][/video]
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

Muzone
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Muzone » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 am

Just added a multicassa v2 to my collection :)

Having brainfreeze trying to set it up the external clock, I assumed something from the beatestep pro would be able to do this but 'sync out' doesn't work so maybe use one of the drum triggers ?

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:05 am

Muzone wrote:Just added a multicassa v2 to my collection :)

Having brainfreeze trying to set it up the external clock, I assumed something from the beatestep pro would be able to do this but 'sync out' doesn't work so maybe use one of the drum triggers ?
Can you change the trigger length and voltage level on the BSP? I don't remember. Maybe the trigger is too short and/or low. Try sending it through an amp or use another envelope generator (Eurorack module?) to create a new trigger.
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

Muzone
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Muzone » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:51 am

Yes, I'll have a play around - the BSP track cv output can trigger the cv input of the multicassa so just have to find a voltage that will clock it

ah, BSP clock delivers 3.3V, multicassa accepts 3-12V so should work (just!)
I think I have the clock set to DIN sync rate of 24PPG, maybe set to 1 pulse / step would be better, I'll try later.....

dandandan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dandandan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:42 pm

I really like my Multicassa and your videos only fuel my gas for the other products.

Sometimes I feel the rightmost channel is a bit too high pitched. I’d like it to go lower. Is there any way to mod it easily? Has anyone tried? Am I unreasonable and should just be grateful what I’ve got?

tIB
Stainer!

Post by tIB » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Think there is a mod of swapping out a resistor - ask Tony maybe, he's very helpful.

burnn_out!
deep fried intoxicated wiggler

Post by burnn_out! » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:12 pm

That Arpopone looks sick. Need more info
born in bathsalts..

If your not dead you might as well be dancing, and if your not dancing you might as well be dead. - windspirit

Return to “General Gear”