Gotharman's anAmoNo X

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Makingsound
Common Wiggler

Post by Makingsound » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:49 am

Drone Man Episode 2 is online, and once again, it's 100% AnamonoX.

Last update was dope, i use a lot the new "Import Multiple Samplings From Directory As one sampling with Chop points" function in this episode, good job flemming :yay:

Elephantbud
Common Wiggler

Post by Elephantbud » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:36 am

Sweet!!! :yay:

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gotharman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:05 am

Makingsound wrote:Drone Man Episode 2 is online, and once again, it's 100% AnamonoX.

Last update was dope, i use a lot the new "Import Multiple Samplings From Directory As one sampling with Chop points" function in this episode, good job flemming :yay:

Great!!! Thank you very much for creating and sharing!

weinglas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by weinglas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Makingsound wrote:Drone Man Episode 2 is online, and once again, it's 100% AnamonoX.

What a great viewing and especially listening experience! Well made :yay:
Album with Kozepz:"FRNDS"
"All Tubes"
"Game Over!"
mirarimusic wrote:... This fucking blows away Beyonces release today as well!!!!
dan_p wrote: I'll still be listening to this one in years to come. best thing I've heard for ages
Videos

stikygum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by stikygum » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:57 pm

How many tracks of the Fuzion are we hearing? I'm assuming you created a bunch of patterns and had them play one after the other (while doing some tweaking) on the Fuzion. Or did you do any overdubbing?
WTB: EML 101

Makingsound
Common Wiggler

Post by Makingsound » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:01 pm

It's not the Fuzion, it's AnamonoX.

No overdubbing, i'm switching from one pattern to another with some tweaking.

The morphing function should be in every digital synth, it's so great...

(and thanks everyone !)

rayce
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rayce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:20 pm

If you have extra Anamono Filters laying around this looks like a great way to get useage out of them. Clever idea Flemming!

Heck even if you don't have an AnamonoX or Mini this would be a good way to get a taste of the Gotharman sound into your euro rig.

http://www.gotharman.dk/euroboard.htm

Hope it gets enough orders.

trappywappy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by trappywappy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:53 pm

Been enjoying my Anamono X for a while now and want to share a work in progress.

There's a bubbling synth that carries through the track that starts at 1:00 which is a few oscillators fed through Curtis Filterboard with parameters modulated with the random number generators. The drums are filtered through the SP filter throughout (you can hear them fully wet at the end of the song ~3:25).

https://soundcloud.com/majorderpster/po ... 10/s-yLA1t

Absolutely love this thing! Excited for the EuroBoard as well as I keep swapping through my filters and would love to dedicate some of them to other gear.

cube48
Common Wiggler

Post by cube48 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:17 pm

In the anticipation of Polyspaze, inspired by the video below, I've tried to load a folder of single cycle waves to Anamono X with autogenerating chops function. Loading samples goes fine, inspection of chops in Smp Rec page is fine (all 64 of them loaded and correctly chopped) but when I try to switch chops on Sampler page, it skips every 7 or 8 chops. Numeric Chop value scrolls correctly through but auditioned result and blue line indicator above the sample preview shows this skiping too. I have Loop to On, xChp to 1, Porta to 0, Start to 0, Lengt to 511.

If I get the functionality of Polyspaze right, the Chop parameter should scroll through all 64 chops but it doesn't seem to work on my Anamono X.
I have FW 06.17 installed.

Any ideas what am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks!

[video][/video]

weinglas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by weinglas » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:23 am

cube48 wrote:In the anticipation of Polyspaze, inspired by the video below, I've tried to load a folder of single cycle waves to Anamono X with autogenerating chops function. Loading samples goes fine, inspection of chops in Smp Rec page is fine (all 64 of them loaded and correctly chopped) but when I try to switch chops on Sampler page, it skips every 7 or 8 chops. Numeric Chop value scrolls correctly through but auditioned result and blue line indicator above the sample preview shows this skiping too. I have Loop to On, xChp to 1, Porta to 0, Start to 0, Lengt to 511.

If I get the functionality of Polyspaze right, the Chop parameter should scroll through all 64 chops but it doesn't seem to work on my Anamono X.
I have FW 06.17 installed.

Any ideas what am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks!

[video][/video]
Sounds like you did everything right. How are you selecting the chops? Manually with a knob or modulated, e.g. with a lfo? And does the Osc play a wrong chop or nothing at all?

I haven't checked single cycle waveforms with the anamonoX, but on the PolySpaze it worked for me (but you know this already ;) ):

[video][/video]
Link:
"All Tubes"
"Game Over!"
mirarimusic wrote:... This fucking blows away Beyonces release today as well!!!!
dan_p wrote: I'll still be listening to this one in years to come. best thing I've heard for ages
Videos

cube48
Common Wiggler

Post by cube48 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:49 am

It doesn't matter how the chops are selected. It skippes through chops with a knob and with i.e. ModWheel alike.

I also tried to load the whole wavetable as one file (as opposed to folder load) and let the chop function to detect the chops. It creates 64 chops (with Wave function on), they can be auditioned on Chop page but again, selecting chops on Sampler page, it skippes the chops.

weinglas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by weinglas » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:55 pm

cube48 wrote:It doesn't matter how the chops are selected. It skippes through chops with a knob and with i.e. ModWheel alike.

I also tried to load the whole wavetable as one file (as opposed to folder load) and let the chop function to detect the chops. It creates 64 chops (with Wave function on), they can be auditioned on Chop page but again, selecting chops on Sampler page, it skippes the chops.
I guess Flemming will try this when he has some time left.
Or maybe I‘ll find a little time to check it myself. But I bet this will take a while ...
"All Tubes"
"Game Over!"
Videos

rayce
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rayce » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:14 pm

If you want to post or send me the preset or folder of waves I can take a look and see if I get the same thing. I have had some weird results with the chops also but chalked it up user error.

weinglas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by weinglas » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:48 am

weinglas wrote:
cube48 wrote:It doesn't matter how the chops are selected. It skippes through chops with a knob and with i.e. ModWheel alike.

I guess Flemming will try this when he has some time left.
Or maybe I‘ll find a little time to check it myself. But I bet this will take a while ...
Ok, i can confirm this behavior on the anamonox. On the polyspaze it works flawlessly. So let’s hope Flemming will address this in the next update.
"All Tubes"
"Game Over!"
Videos

cube48
Common Wiggler

Post by cube48 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:03 am

Thanks guys for checking it!!!

Btw, great source of single cycles is widely known AKWF Collection but the version tuned into C is better usable in Gotharman's samplers - no need to fine-tune them.

For creating your own there's relatively recent, advanced yet easy to use Waveedit. Pretty cool cycles can be generated with it.

I've tried single cycle waveforms in other gear before but they never sounded as good as in Anamono X. It really adds sonic possibilities to already wide palette of oscillator sounds.

stikygum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by stikygum » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:42 am

Really enjoyed that! I'm going to have to start asking you more questions and pick your brain how you're setting up your Xmini.

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gotharman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:59 am

Hey,

Sorry for late reply. Have been away on holidays, and had a week with flu.

It certainly appears, that Anamono X and Xmini needs to be updated regarding the wave chop system. This system is not yet as optimized in these 2 machines, as it is in PolySpaze.

I will have a look at this soon.

Panason
is banned
is banned

Post by Panason » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:04 am

Very interesting machines!

cube48
Common Wiggler

Post by cube48 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:06 am

gotharman wrote:Hey,

It certainly appears, that Anamono X and Xmini needs to be updated regarding the wave chop system. This system is not yet as optimized in these 2 machines, as it is in PolySpaze.

That's great. I mean the chop system update of course. Hope you are well now.

weinglas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by weinglas » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:31 pm

cube48 wrote:

+1 :tu:

Funny thing: The single cycle waveform test I did was the first sample I uploaded to my anamonox. And I never felt like I was something missing! Awesome machine :sb:
"All Tubes"
"Game Over!"
Videos

xthrasherx
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xthrasherx » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:16 pm

I really need to start playing around with mine... Studio is almost set back up so I can finally dive in :eek:
"While we scream and perish, History licks a finger and turns the page.”
― Thomas Ligotti

Instagram::YouTube::SoundCloud

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gotharman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Panason wrote:Very interesting machines!
Thank you very much :party:

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gotharman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:33 pm

weinglas wrote:
cube48 wrote:

+1 :tu:

Funny thing: The single cycle waveform test I did was the first sample I uploaded to my anamonox. And I never felt like I was something missing! Awesome machine :sb:
Thank you very much friend :) I think that the issue is mostly noticable, when you starts to modulate the chop number in wave-chop mode.

stikygum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by stikygum » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:20 pm

xthrasherx wrote:I really need to start playing around with mine... Studio is almost set back up so I can finally dive in :eek:
You and me were in the same boat. I have everything set up now, so I can get going. Lots more to learn.

cbeefheartuk

Post by cbeefheartuk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:43 am

Any more opinions on Anamono X or Xmini ?

Anamono X pros seem to be:
stereo output
more knobs
2 filters
2 morph knobs

xmini seems to be:
cheaper
better screen
maybe a bit easier to use ?

I think the big points are Anamono X having the 2 morph controls and stereo outs against xmini being cheaper and newer screen..
argh - tough to decide - I feel the xmini might the one to go for but not sure..

Return to “General Gear”