Squarp Pyramid - New sequencer etc.

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Post Reply
Zube
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:25 am
Location: Spain

Post by Zube » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:13 am

Thanks for all this info, great videos, and music. This is more and more looking like the direction i'd like to go in.

Lukree
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Lukree » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Oh man, I just found this device. Have seen it earlier, but didn't think that there could be so many great features in such simple looking format. Do I need to get this and try life without unreliable config hell called Ableton Live and Push2?

Has anyone converted from Push to Pyramid? I'm already bypassing all the audio through my mixer instead of Live, so this could complete the trip to the other side.

sinowhy
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by sinowhy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:29 pm

is it possible to access borrowed chords in chord mode? Or accessing the common bVII bVI in major while in live/chord setup, or pulling something from parallel modes?

How does pyramid handle 3/4 6/8, and triplet based time signatures now? Are there any videos, instructions or tutorials online that show this behavior? and how a sequencer designed around 16 pads and 4/4 handles 3/4 in visual readout and click tracks?

Whats the optimal workflow for working in 6/8?

Cirklon suggests you just switch to 12 steps, but thats kind of unwieldy when the screens divided into sets of four and you've got a click...

thank you

User avatar
Trigga
Common Wiggler
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Trigga » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Hey guys,
is there a reliable way to send clock out to modular?
I do not want to use the gate out though, as I would lose it for controlling.

Any ideas are welcome!

User avatar
Hainbach
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3437
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:52 am
Location: Berlin

Post by Hainbach » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:20 am

Envelope out set to DIN SYNC.

User avatar
Trigga
Common Wiggler
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Trigga » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:56 am

Envelope out set to DIN SYNC.
:hail: thousand thanks!

User avatar
basehead617
Common Wiggler
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by basehead617 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:16 pm

New video from Superbooth.

[video][/video]

User avatar
thelizard
in it for the money
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Post by thelizard » Tue May 30, 2017 11:17 am

OS 2.0 is now available: http://squarp.net/pyraos

brackets
Common Wiggler
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by brackets » Wed May 31, 2017 3:42 pm

With this update, this the best sequencer ever made (IMHO).
I have more musical results, and more fun than my Cirklon.

Please, keep updating the OS.... crazy features!

User avatar
Trigga
Common Wiggler
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Trigga » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:16 am

wonderful, wonderful update!!!!

User avatar
deltaphoenix
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:41 pm
Location: Gainesville, FL

Post by deltaphoenix » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:49 am

Man, I have finally been digging into the Pyramid a bit more and enjoying it. Looking forward to trying out this update!

heckadecimal69
Common Wiggler
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:36 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Post by heckadecimal69 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:17 pm

brackets wrote:With this update, this the best sequencer ever made (IMHO).
I have more musical results, and more fun than my Cirklon.

Please, keep updating the OS.... crazy features!
They did say that with this release it was the final for major updates.
Seems great as it is though!

User avatar
basehead617
Common Wiggler
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by basehead617 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:44 pm

heckadecimal69 wrote:
brackets wrote:With this update, this the best sequencer ever made (IMHO).
I have more musical results, and more fun than my Cirklon.

Please, keep updating the OS.... crazy features!
They did say that with this release it was the final for major updates.
Seems great as it is though!
Link to that?

User avatar
poppinger
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:40 am
Location: mpls

Post by poppinger » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:47 am

basehead617 wrote:Link to that?
I was curious about this myself. If you go to the Squarp forum under the OS update announcement at the top they say:
Squarp wrote:This is the last major update for Pyramid. The workflow has been enhanced a lot these past years, and now we reached what we wanted to create with Pyramid: an easy-to-use professional sequencer, full of creative tools, rock-solid from studio to live, with endless fun. We will always take care of artists feedbacks, and we plan to work on some other minor updates. Pyramid will stay the most creative sequencer out there!

User avatar
Bath House
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Post by Bath House » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:13 pm

Once again requesting - is there a video anywhere that actually shows the workflow on the Pyramid? I'd like to see someone demonstrating making music on it in a way that actually shows what makes it uniquely good.
Catholic Roland Modular New Age Acid:
www.goodglassrecords.com

oldgearguy
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 6:42 am

Post by oldgearguy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Bath House wrote:Once again requesting - is there a video anywhere that actually shows the workflow on the Pyramid? I'd like to see someone demonstrating making music on it in a way that actually shows what makes it uniquely good.
Just curious - have you seen videos for *any* sequencer showing that?

Genuinely curious since it seems that the modern sequencers allow you to work in many different ways from live jamming to creating and sequencing loops to doing more linear style recording.

For me, I ended up with multiple sequencers (Cirklon, Pyramid, and Notron, all purchased over a few years time) because no one sequencer is best at everything. For me, creating x0x style monophonic lines is very quick on the Cirklon, but doing anything with chords is where I go to the Pyramid. The Notron gets used for playing the sequencer like an instrument and it gets recorded into the Cirklon for quick edits and playback.

Trying to create a video showing that workflow would be difficult and extremely time consuming for no real gain.

fatrecords
Common Wiggler
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:11 pm
Location: uk

record cv

Post by fatrecords » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:18 am

Just bought one of these and just wanting to know, can the pyramid record CV from metropolis or rene and convert to midi ?

mongrol
Common Wiggler
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:44 pm

Post by mongrol » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:22 am

There's a video here which shows some workflow and the 2.0 features. It looks helluva convoluted to me. Lots of button combo's and faffing about in the UI.

http://squarp.boards.net/thread/1173/he ... ures-video

User avatar
Bath House
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Post by Bath House » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:40 am

oldgearguy wrote:
Bath House wrote:Once again requesting - is there a video anywhere that actually shows the workflow on the Pyramid? I'd like to see someone demonstrating making music on it in a way that actually shows what makes it uniquely good.
Just curious - have you seen videos for *any* sequencer showing that?

Genuinely curious since it seems that the modern sequencers allow you to work in many different ways from live jamming to creating and sequencing loops to doing more linear style recording.
Yes, I've seen videos like that for every other sequencer. The very first Engine video, for example, shows how you can do everything on the machine and put together an entire song in about 10 minutes. It's a great video. Ditto for the Cirklon and pretty much everything but the Pyramid.
Catholic Roland Modular New Age Acid:
www.goodglassrecords.com

pelican
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 779
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by pelican » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:39 pm

? There's tons of squarp tutorial vids
WTB: Yamaha dx-11 manual

User avatar
adolfgottmann
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:00 am
Location: Europe

Post by adolfgottmann » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:44 am

Just ordered one. I hope it will make friends with my endorphin.es shuttle control. Finger crossed.

User avatar
djthopa
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1892
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between a nappy and a wire

Post by djthopa » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:54 am

adolfgottmann wrote:Just ordered one. I hope it will make friends with my endorphin.es shuttle control. Finger crossed.
It will make very good friends!!!You can power the Pyramid, transmit trough usb (so you can use the other two midi outs for other gear) Note, pitch, lfo´s, patterns :nana:

User avatar
adolfgottmann
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:00 am
Location: Europe

Post by adolfgottmann » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:40 am

djthopa wrote:
adolfgottmann wrote:Just ordered one. I hope it will make friends with my endorphin.es shuttle control. Finger crossed.
It will make very good friends!!!You can power the Pyramid, transmit trough usb (so you can use the other two midi outs for other gear) Note, pitch, lfo´s, patterns :nana:
sounds like heaven! :sb:

User avatar
adolfgottmann
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:00 am
Location: Europe

Post by adolfgottmann » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:56 am

I wonder if I might eventually get rid of my René...
amazing piece of gear, but my hands are really dry, so I never gelled with it :hihi: ,
We'll see..

thetechnobear
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:17 am
Contact:

Post by thetechnobear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:54 pm

anyone seen/got the new mk2 hardware - thoughts?

new features for mk2 : new aluminium housing, new touchpad, screen protector.

seems cosmetic, but were these things users thought needed to be improved?

Post Reply

Return to “General Gear”