ms-20 power-on question

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: luketeaford, lisa, Kent, Joe.

jamb
Wiggling with Experience

ms-20 power-on question

Post by jamb » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:33 am

Just finished building the kit and everything is fine so i think, just one question about a little quirk. when powering on the unit, there is a trigger coming from the envelope generator, so you can hear a quick sound, before hitting any keys or anything, just from powering on the unit. is this normal? i'm not sure if other kits and/or original ms-20's are like this. if anyone has one of these or is familiar with the ms-20 boot-up process, please let me know!

:guinness:

pulse_divider

Post by pulse_divider » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:11 pm

With an S-trig, "on" is at 0 volts. When you power it on it is starting from zero so yes, that sounds normal.

spacessound
Wiggling with Experience

Post by spacessound » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:41 pm

I don't experience this with my original MS20

jamb
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jamb » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm

I was just recently playing on a friends old ms20 and it started doing this same thing.

Alek
Common Wiggler

Re: ms-20 power-on question

Post by Alek » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:59 am

Jamb, sorry, what about the background noise of the kit version?, I have the opportunity to buy a unit already built and I am curious about if its noisy…

jamb wrote:Just finished building the kit and everything is fine so i think, just one question about a little quirk. when powering on the unit, there is a trigger coming from the envelope generator, so you can hear a quick sound, before hitting any keys or anything, just from powering on the unit. is this normal? i'm not sure if other kits and/or original ms-20's are like this. if anyone has one of these or is familiar with the ms-20 boot-up process, please let me know!

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

jamb
Wiggling with Experience

Re: ms-20 power-on question

Post by jamb » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 pm

I don't notice anything of concern. I might try to do a side by side comparison with my friends original unit, but background noise has never bothered me much.

Alek wrote:Jamb, sorry, what about the background noise of the kit version?, I have the opportunity to buy a unit already built and I am curious about if its noisy…

jamb wrote:Just finished building the kit and everything is fine so i think, just one question about a little quirk. when powering on the unit, there is a trigger coming from the envelope generator, so you can hear a quick sound, before hitting any keys or anything, just from powering on the unit. is this normal? i'm not sure if other kits and/or original ms-20's are like this. if anyone has one of these or is familiar with the ms-20 boot-up process, please let me know!

Remote337
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Remote337 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Doesn't happen on my original MK1.

Return to “General Gear”