Hey how bout some friggin feedback bub?

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

ddoyen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Hey how bout some friggin feedback bub?

Post by ddoyen » Thu May 28, 2020 7:07 pm

Made this with modular + korg minilogue xd mostly in one take then lots of dynamics automation in my DAW and a few overdubs to and some heft to certain voices.

Would love to know what ya think! Thanks for listening!

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Re: Hey how bout some friggin feedback bub?

Post by metasonix » Thu May 28, 2020 7:14 pm

v. nice.....you should be looking for soundtrack jobs

ATW
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ATW » Thu May 28, 2020 7:21 pm

I dig this, orchestral, lush and full of rich details. Strikes a nice balance of futurism & nostalgia, leaning a touch toward the latter, in a familiar way.

ddoyen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ddoyen » Sat May 30, 2020 10:02 pm

Hey thanks for listening and the kind words!

ATW
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ATW » Sat May 30, 2020 10:11 pm

What are some of your favorite ways you’ve been able to combine the ‘logue and the modular? I am always looking for interesting ways to bring those worlds closer.

oranginafiend
Common Wiggler

Post by oranginafiend » Sat May 30, 2020 10:14 pm

i don't hear no feedback!!! maybe put a mic in front of an amp next time eh

ddoyen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ddoyen » Sun May 31, 2020 8:12 am

ATW wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:11 pm
What are some of your favorite ways you’ve been able to combine the ‘logue and the modular? I am always looking for interesting ways to bring those worlds closer.
I haven't had it very long and haven't really delved into combining the two so much yet. Right now my setup is being controlled by a keystep pro and the minilogue is just being controlled via midi from that so its mostly running along side modular. I did run it through mimeophon in this patch though.

ATW
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ATW » Sun May 31, 2020 3:02 pm

very cool and makes sense. How do you like the keystep as the main controller for your setup?

I haven't quite settled on one particular sequencer that is my go-to, main controller. Sometimes its the Digitakt, other times the SQ-1, and I also keep it in the rack w/ a combination of Pam's, Mimetic Digitalis, O_C, quantizers, and a Steppy. Sort of depends on the mood or the patch ideas I'm going after.

ddoyen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ddoyen » Sun May 31, 2020 9:00 pm

I like it but its going to take a few firmware updates before I love it. They left out some very basic functionality..like the mod strip cant be assigned to the the mod cv outputs, only midi, even though the pitch wheel works on the cv pitch outs which is so basic its pretty embarrassing its not implemented. i have an eloquencer, which was my main controller before I got it, and wondered if the keystep would cover enough ground to replace it but i find im still using it plenty it in my patches especially for more controlled random sequencing, or sometimes i do a voices gate sequence on eloquencer, and the pitch sequence on the keystep. So yea, still haven't found a be all/end all sequencer myself but this combo covers a considerable amount of ground and plays together nicely..and i have a brains +1 pressure points and sq-1 as well and yea it definitely depends on what im after..they all offer some strengths over the others!

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Sun May 31, 2020 9:44 pm

ddoyen wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:00 pm
So yea, still haven't found a be all/end all sequencer myself but this combo covers a considerable amount of ground and plays together nicely...
Keystep Pro could be something to consider. The Social Entropy Engine with CV expansion can cover a lot of ground if you can get your hands on one.
TOO FAR GONE

Return to “Your Tunes Here”