Triple Waveshaper vs. Wave Multiplier

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Regarding the TWS, don't forget: anything can sound much gnarlier with a little feedback! :deadbanana:

Also, try patching your audio signal to the VC1 input instead of IN.

ear ear
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ear ear » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Scories wrote:I have no experience with the waveshaper but I heard that it sounds best with pure sustained sounds.. such as the flute.
Me neither, but I'm getting one in a couple of weeks. :banana: The old Serge catalogue says the waveshaper is good for flute and other sounds low in harmonic content. I'm rather at a loss as to how it can do that and also be a saw-to-sine shaper....?

From this thread:
prscrptn wrote:You need to use a saw wave with the wave shaper, if you use a sine wave it will not do anything...
Also from the same thread:
Vsyevolod wrote:
MechaSeb wrote:
Vsyevolod wrote:For anyone who doesn't 'get' the Triple WaveShaper, try running a saxaphone through all three stages...
It's not the first time i hear about processing acoustic instruments through the TWS. Do you have any demo Vsyevolod ?
Demo's are all on cassette tape.

Basically it sounds like the infinite sustain that Fripp gets with his guitar, yet with a lot more hair...

I also am very fond of what the TWS will do to pure-ish tones like a vibraphone. It emphasizes the difference tones when two notes are played together.

Stephen
He throws the ink first and works out what it is later. "I've got to turn that into parrots." - Ralph Steadman

30ohm
Wiggling with Experience

Post by 30ohm » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:00 pm

I've got both and use them both all the time, as people have said, feedback makes things more gnarly if that's what you're looking for.
pyramid power is real.

jamb
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jamb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:34 pm

wonder how some good old microphone feedback would sound processed through both of these..

ear ear
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ear ear » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Have you seen this? Won't have a waveshaper because it's a Blue Voice and Red Control, but it's still rather fine... in a Satan cracking himself up kind of way!
He throws the ink first and works out what it is later. "I've got to turn that into parrots." - Ralph Steadman

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”